1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HATE/RACISM/PREJUDICE difference

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SwoLy-D, Jul 10, 2015.

?

Do you agree with with what the image included in the thread says?

1. Yes. I agree with what the image says.

58.8%
  2. No. I do not agree with what the image says.

5.9%
  3. I agree partly... yes... no... wait... what were we talking about?

17.6%
  4. HEY! I ordered a cheeseburger!

17.6%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Stop insinuating and come out directly with exactly what your opinion is.

Are you claiming that Barack Obama hates Jews?

Are you claiming that Barack Obama hates white people?

If you are claiming that Obama hates white people, he sure is constantly surrounded by white men and a majority of the people he socializes with and is friends with are upper middle class white people.

Please explain to me how is what you are doing any different that Kanye West claiming that George W Bush doesn't care about black people?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even if what you stated was exactly the way you stated it, how does that make Obama the biggest racist in the United States? That doesn't make him a racist at all, and certainly not the biggest one in the United States.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Read his book, Dreams From My Father. He idolized his father, and his father hated America. I believe Obama has a certain contempt for white people.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Then why won't he call the Steinle family? If he is not a racist, he is too cowardly to admit his policies got their daughter shot to death by a repeat border offender.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Obama's hates the whites, what do you expect? I remember when Bush and Reagan called every single white person murdered by an illegal. Those were the good ole days. I want my country back!

6. Remii

Remii Member

It didn't happen the way he said it did. San Francisco is a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants so they do not cooperate with ICE. The police didn't notify ICE when they released Sanchez so he could be deported and that is why the woman is dead.

Obama is going to have backlash from some for speaking about Black people who have been murdered and not speaking about White people who have been murdered.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because he's the president and it isn't his job to call the family of every murdered person in this nation.

She wasn't murdered because of his policy. She was murdered because a crazy killed her.

Even if it was because of his policy, he wouldn't be a racist for not calling her family. That's not what makes someone a racist.

8. bongman

bongman Member

Thanks again. So why would you think there is another reason why somebody can be racist? You are the one who is making it more complicated looking for other reasons that you have yet to provide.

When did I say high level? You can provide an example of a person not changing his mind until his/her deathbed but I am sure a lot of people who eventually changed their mind out number the Albert Speer's that you speak about. Nobody is going to eliminate racism just like traffic lights stopping drivers from beating it but based on our history, the most compelling and effective way to change peoples mind is education.

So you think that if their slaves where white they would have treated them any better if it assured they had a good life? Slavery has existed in since the dawn of time and based on what I have read, there is no mention of what type of race a slave has to be. All countries have had their stint with slavery and for the most part, it all had to do with economics and not the color of skin or prejudice. It's a fact that fellow Africans were the ones who captured and sold the slaves. Are they racist for their own kind? Economics. You are the one reaching here.

What is that process again? :rolleyes:

So we are now equating crimes of passion as being racist?

Slave owners twisting the bible had nothing to do with race but to justify their actions. If monkeys can think like humans do, they would have been enslaved too. Please tell us where in the bible where your slave has to be a different race. Homosexuals being killed is because of their teaching.

9. Nook

Nook Member

This is just a waste of my time. You are all over the place, make no sense and honestly are over half the time citing examples or are making arguments that only prove the opposite of what you are trying to articulate.

Good luck to you in the future finding a linear thought and some form of clarity.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll say this about slavery and how it relates to today.

The form of slavery we speak of is a lot different than what went on around the world before and now after as slavery still exists.

Before it was about your place in life, your lot in life. You are a peasant, your family are peasants. You are a slave and only good for hard work. I think whenever it is bought up that other races were slaves it's never also bought up HOW that came to be. Captured people were slaves, defeated people.

Ancient empires did not use race based slavery. They just did not. So this isn't a "Whitey is bad, mmkay." post. As evidenced that long ago slavery wasn't based on race...but it seems that from Ancient human empires from the Egyptians to the Greeks to the Romans...to Britain, Spain, and today...a lot changed on race.

You see with the slave trade, then they justified it. Not with just "Well, these people were poor." or "We defeated these people in war and now they are ours to do with." it suddenly became "These people are lesser because of HOW they look." it certainly did not help that Europe took a huge technological jump at the time.

This is something that since the slave trade has continued. From the start of it. From older archaeologists discrediting African history and trying to white wash it whenever they could to the theory of evolution proving that the white man was superior. It's something that has to be understood, that the idea that the black person is lesser and more 'animal' than human has persisted for a long time. I think it's really unfair to history to just try and brush it all away as some economical thing.

Yes, Africans sold other Africans. It was part of tribal warfare though. It wasn't like they were sailing to Europe and trading them themselves. They were offered what they thought was help to destroy their enemies. Sort of like the middle-east today...

I'll say this, I don't think education is what will end it. I think listening to others...empathy for others is what helps. Unfortunately, not all of us are capable of empathy.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. Remii

Remii Member

Fellow Africans...??? Do you call Mexicans or Canadians fellow Americans...? Africa is not a country or a nation _ it's a continent. People in Africa needed guns and the only thing the elite Europeans would trade for those guns were people. And the Arabs had a big hand in the slave trade as well (and they still do).

And if you're a Christian... There are people in Africa and in the Middle East who refer to the victims that were shipped over here as "The People Of The Book" so that wouldn't make them "fellow Africans."

But most importantly... Black folks were already over here long before Europeans showed up. This was only a new world to Europeans.

Also... A lot of white folks didn't even own slaves.

12. CometsWin

Excellent post. Black slaves in America were not considered human and people believed their subservience was ordained by God as part of the natural order.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Nope, not even close to truthful.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And that subhuman idea still bleeds over to today. 500 years in history is really a blink of an eye, so this thought that extreme racial ideas just ended with MLK is quite silly. That wasn't even one hundred years ago.

It persists in some of the Caribbeans and South America where having that ancestry is a shame that you don't admit to for some. Just look at Dominican Republic and how they perceive their heritage.

Or Apartheid. This isn't some alien idea that was destroyed one thousand years ago or isn't just constrained to one continent of course as some would have you believe.

You see that today some people still think blacks are lesser, they may not be openly shouting it from the rafters...but every now and then you get this "Well, Slavery was good for them because they are here and not there." I mean, even a poster here said something like that. It's that idea that plagues society and it wasn't extinguished forever ago or wasn't quarantined to one nation. It was an idea that spread around the world thanks to the slave trade and colonization and only until VERYrecently is human equality an accepted idea. This has not been the accepted idea for not even one hundred years.

You can make a strong case though that the ancient civilizations were a lot more accepting of race than we are today and as such maybe we can get back to that place.

We need to go to a place where being "Black" is mainly a physical description and not a stigma that carries "Thug" or "Aggressive" along with it. Just "Hey, that person has dark skin...that person has brown skin...that person is pale." and that's it.

Thankfully the science of man proves that skin color is just one little thing that separates person A from person B and hopefully after years and years people can catch up with the science and leave the old psuedo-racial science behind.

15. Remii

Remii Member

You're missing the fact that a majority of the early white settlers that came over here were low lifes, degenerates, criminals, outlaws, and Irish slaves... And the people seeking religious freedom were the type of folks who would call a woman a witch for having a orgasm and would burn her at the stake... They weren't sending their best and brightest over here. Europeans sent a lot of the white folks they didn't want around them to America and Australia. Which is probably why race relations between white and black folks are better in places in Europe than they are in the US and Australia.

Things will get better in time... Hopefully.

I'm surprised that's the only thing in my post you disagree with... But scientists, archaeologists, and historians disagree with you.

16. CometsWin

bigtexxx, I think Jay is talking about you dude.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Reference? :( Link?

18. CometsWin

sar·casm
    ˈsärˌkazəm
    noun
    the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOLs. GOOD. :grin: ^

[grabs batteries, checks sarcasm meter]

20. CometsWin

;):cool: