1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hat People

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What is your Hat of Choice?
    Do you collect them like Shoe People?
    Swap them every day
    or
    Same Hat everyday?

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Baseball caps for sure.

I never thought about it like a shoe collector cause I have probably over 20 fitted caps but all of them are Houston related(Im pretty infatuated with Astros fitteds). Being that they rep my teams instead of just collecting them for the way they look, no matter loyalty. With all that, I usually wear a black nike polyester material cap everyday now cause it is the most comfortable.

Most worn cap of all time though is a brick red Astros fitted and a Orange Astros fitted.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When the need for a particular hat arises I change it. Otherwise once I wear a hat I just sit it on my dresser next to my wallet and keys, and that's the one I'll grab when heading out.

I probably have a few dozen hats, but I don't really try to collect them. I just don't throw them away and they've kind of accumulated over the years. The Astros are very well represented, off the top of my head I think I have 13 and at least one for every era.

Nook likes this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Dry fit, cool max from brands like Nike, Adidas and under armour for active wear and extreme perspiration. Favorite trucker's cap for normal.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have a bunch (like 10) but still haven't worn them, mostly from this italian maker borsalino

i think almost all of them are summer hats, to block the sun on boat trips for instance

for winter, just wear beanies if necessary

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Have about 30 mostly snap backs, most black themed, and all Houston teams. I buy duplicates of hats a really like so if one gets worn out I have a back up. Most of them have only been worn a couple times, some not at all. I wear a hat about 80% of the time. I even wear them when I’m just sitting on the couch, wearing one right now. I have long hair and it keeps that **** out of my face.

Nook likes this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I used to be a hat guy, waaayyyy back in the early 1990's. I worked outside and it made more sense. When I moved to an inside job the hat head didn't work for me so I wore it less and less. I liked fitted baseball caps but these days I just put on a 'Drinks Well With Others' Hooters cap that I picked up somewhere when I work outside.

Now I'm a shoe guy. I have 45 pairs of Converse All-Stars for casual wear. However, I usually wear either flip-flops because it's quick, running shoes for my workouts or ostrich-skin boots for more formal settings because Texas.

Nook and Jontro like this.
  9. SemisolidSnake

I only wear hats at anime cons, and my go to is a crocheted Mega Man helmet.

10. Buck Turgidson

various ballcaps, outback straw hat, Resistol, Havana retro, custom brown felt, Atwood Marfa palm leaf, Columbia Bora Bora

A man without a proper hat is no man at all.

Nook and Jontro like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

used to wear a snapback cap every time i stepped out. had a good few, but my favorite was my white astros cap (discount rack from academy). wanted to get a texans hat, but lol @ texans. not into the rockets logo/branding.

never thought about being a collector, just liked hats.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think I want this one
    [​IMG]
    Because I have the BIG HAIR the baseball caps don't work well
    Even when it is flat the hat is not snug and falls off or til
    I guess I need specialty hats LOL . . .

Rocket River

tinman and Nook like this.
  13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

bunch of hats but no snap backs or ball caps. I wear hats mostly to keep my head warm in the winter and for sun protection in the summer.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i bought my first "nice" hat a couple years ago at penners in san antonio. good to wear every once in awhile..looks super sharp and ladies love it.

https://www.pennersinc.com/collections/hats/products/pinzano-milan-pinched-straw-hat

[​IMG]

if you are ever in san antonio and need to hit up a mens clothing store definitely check out penners. 100 years old/same owners. fantastic sales staff who really know how to make you look good.

Buck Turgidson and verse like this.
  15. verse

verse Contributing Member

Penners is nice. As are Satel's, and Paris Hatters. All are family owned, local businesses and have been around for nearly 100 years, in some cases. Paris Hatters is likely the most famous, with many famous athletes and former Presidents' pictures posted on the walls, visiting the shop.

jo mama likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Back when I was wearing baseball caps all the time, it was the same cap all the time. Now I'm not a hat person, but when I do wear one it's a palm-leaf hat. A baseball cap can't help you in the Houston sun.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can't bring up something this specific without attaching a picture. Come on, man! :D

18. SemisolidSnake

Actually, it was much harder to find one that I thought it would be. That's cause I rarely take pics of myself at cons. Anyway, here's one back from in 2013 (about a month before I joined Clutchfans, in fact) with me and voices actors Bryce Papenbrook and Cherami Leigh in Boston.

[​IMG]

Note: I didn't make the hat. I bought it in Chicago a few years prior to this, and I don't think the gal that makes them is in business anymore.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hats make me look like a chubby 13 year old. When I’m just a chubby 30 year old.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  20. droxford

droxford Member

When working in the yard during the summer Texas heat, I strongly recommend a very light, straw hat with a wide brim and venting holes in the top. The brim keeps the sun off of you, the vent holes let heat from your head escape and let's the breeze (if any) cool your head.
    ... just don't get it wet or it will be ruined.

I usually don't wear hats. Never understood the appeal of a baseball cap. Although I wear one every now and then (to hide my just-got-out-of-bed hair) I don't find them very functional or fashionable.