1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Harvey Weinstein's Decades of Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 6, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know that they are overpaid. Working at a charity requires full-time work, and the employees should be fairly compensated. The charity is one of the best. Either way, the Clintons don't receive money from the charity.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Did Trump come out to support this man on twitter yet? "That's my guy "Just grab 'em by the p***y!!!" That's the way to do it!!!"

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Kind of off topic but anyone read about the head of Synthrotek going full idiot yesterday on FB and reddit? Thought it was a great idea to post a rape meme with HW;

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You see Melania right? Or however you say the name... It doesn't matter the political affiliation 'grab em by the p***y guys always support each other'

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clinton foundation rarely gives grants but runs it's own programs and hires most of the people who go out into the field to do the work

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are you looking at the same 990 I am, or are you trying to lie and hope people don't notice?

In 14 & 15 they spent roughly 160 million on paying their people, but program expenses (the actual charity) were 443 million. Per year that's on par with most large nonprofits. You want qualified people to run any organization in America, profit or non-profit, you gotta pay them. I'm not a CPA or an auditor, but I have worked enough in the industry on my side of the business to know that there is nothing here that screams slush fund, but that's why we have PWC auditing them every year to comb the details, and why they receive an A rating from non-profit watchdogs.

It should be noted that PWC does give political contributions to the Democrats but they do also give to Republicans. in 2016 38% of their contributions went to Democrats, but 62% went to Republicans.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00107235

So if you are looking for conspiracy around the Clinton foundation, just realize that the company that audits the Clinton foundation has money coming in from the RNC. So its hard to fathom that PWC would be in on the fix.

Its just funny to me that people choose conspiracy theories out of things that are fairly easily fact checked, and most of the information is made to the public.

*If one was going to launder money or create a slush fund it should be noted that creating a large Non-Profit to do so would be on the DUMBEST ways of doing so. Just ask the Trump Foundation about it.

You know a good way to Launder money in the US... Real Estate.

#146 dobro1229, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    JuanValdez and B-Bob like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Regardless of what thinks about the Clintons, to your point, the Clinton Foundation pays roughly 10-15% of their charitable income towards administrative costs. Considering they bring in a quarter of a billion dollars per year (or so), that number is very reasonable.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do find it funny that the ******* from Fashionable Male is getting called out on his hypocrisy....it should serve as a lesson for those who want to feign outrage about certain things while being guilty of it themselves. It's also interesting that virtue signaling seems to be most prevalent from those who are fairly awful people themselves. Perhaps it is the result of a guilty conscience

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

She willing sucked Bill off and enjoyed every minute of it... whatever.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She aint impressed.

No Worries likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was just listening to John Kelly's comments and one struck me that hasn't gotten much coverage. He said that there are a lot of things that were held sacred. He said that when growing up women were held sacred but that's not the case anymore.

I find that somewhat unsettling. While there might've been a veneer of chivalry I don't think in Gen. Kelly's youth women were treated better than now. If anything it was much worse. From stories of I've heard from women my mother's age and older sexual harrassment was far more rampant and even accepted. Women's opportunities were far more limited. Weinstein, Cosby and etc.. were abusing women for decades.

Kelly's statement I think is a problem that frequently comes up in these type of discussions. The view that because these things weren't discussed in the past that somehow things were better.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a coach of college age students this is something I've been talking about. Sexual abuse has long been rampant, tolerated and even encouraged in sports cultures. It's not only to women. As the Sandusky case showed coaches have long exploited their position to sexually abuse people. At the same time team hazing has often been sexualized. A culture that accepts the sexual abuse of women will also lead to sexual abuse of men and boys.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a good point. Tacit in his description, sad to say, is the following sentiment: sure, there was chauvinism and repression, but we had them wearing nice, long skirts, and they were never allowed to twerk! ... in public, anyway, or of their own volition.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Calm down. I'm looking at page 20. For 2014, under program services, Salaries and benefits is 79,937,654 (95,887,139 total), and Direct program expenditures is 33,689,239. Other big items are travel, conferences etc. The $443 Mil number you quoted actually includes salaries and benefits. Learn to read a table first. You can correct me if I'm wrong. I can care less about your political spitting.

Edit: Sweet Lou's reason may provide better explanation, but that's beyond the table we are talking about.

#155 michecon, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is Carolin Gallego a fellow proud black woman and Baylor alumni?

B-Bob and KingCheetah like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Most of the people speaking out are the Near Misses . . .. .
    So as bad as we think that is . . . . T
    here are probably twice as many women he actually got at
    that are being very quiet

Rocket River

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

All of the women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment are lying, the White House says

“Obviously, sexual harassment has been in the news,” Jacqueline Alemany of CBS News asked Sanders. “At least 16 women accused the president of sexually harassing them throughout the course of the campaign. Last week, during a press conference in the Rose Garden, the president called these accusations ‘fake news.’ Is the official White House position that all of these women are lying?”

“Yeah, we’ve been clear on that from the beginning, and the president’s spoken on it,” Sanders said, before quickly pivoting to another reporter to ask a question.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-white-house-says/?utm_term=.30d0945fedb9

No Worries likes this.
  20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member