1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: Scott Foster Shouldn’t Referee Anymore Rockets Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Feb 22, 2019.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He had 2 offensive fouls before then also. He got called for 4 offensive fouls!! That’s insane

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, but those two earlier ones were not on drives. He was getting bodied up by the defender and he gave a little push and got called for it. I didn't like those calls, but Harden has been known to get called for offensive fouls now and then when playing against aggressive man defense on the perimeter or when bringing the ball up the floor.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Rockets will get 0 sympathy from the rest of the NBA fanbase because there is a general consensus CP3 and especially Harden flop to get all their free throws therefore they have no validity in their complaints.

If anything this just makes other people hate us more and the media will be happy to ride that train. Bye-bye Harden b2b MVP.

chadyang and durvasa like this.
  4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Can Houston applies to the league to ban someone as refs?

5. durvasa

Agreed. Dwelling on this is a mistake and does the Rockets no favors with NBA refs, the league, or NBA fans at large. Harden and Paul are already widely disliked for how they try to take advatange of the rule book — fact. None of these people wants to listen to them complain about a game in which a bunch of close calls didn’t go their way.

If we care about earning more respect, this complaining does not help.

BeBreezy likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Spot On!!!!

Rocket River

7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

They would do it before the game. Calls would be made to the league office and the league would talk to TF and Rockets coach. If Rockets still persisted they would remove Scott Foster from the game and play it out but would then suspend the Rockets coach, Harden, and Paul multiple games and levy very heavy fines against all and the owner. It would be bad enough to prevent it from happening again but the media maelstrom that would ensue would leave them to shelve Foster from future games and then quietly kick him to the curb. Over the years, the grudge against the Rockets would be felt.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Remember when the refs dragged the Kobe/Dwight lakers into the playoffs? Probably not, reffing for the Lakers and against Utah was absurd, but people don't remember it. They won't remember this either.

chadyang and riko like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

You want to see really absurd then watch the lakers v kings series. Watch the Blazers get hosed in game 7 in 2000 against the Lakers. Heck game 7 last seasons WCF was almost just as absurd.Harden was getting hacked left and right but the same corrupt SOB foster who is the nba’s mr fixet was officiating. No surprise there!The NBA will do whatever it takes for the markets like La and now Warriors to make it even if its a blatant hatchet job.

Jim Rome as much as a jackass as he was was the only person I know of in the media who had the balls to call stern a corrupt b*stard in his face. The nba is rigged.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Now I just want to go to the next game he’s reffing so we can start a Scott Foster sucks chant.

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

It wasn't just the calls on paul and harden. It was the calls against the whole team. When Tucker got a clean block on James and they called a foul. The BS moving screen they called on Capela. It was a joke. This still didn't touch the awful calls in game 7 though.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I had nothing better to do on a Friday night so I looked up all of the games Foster officiated this season. Some things of note:

1. He is ALWAYS designated as the Crew Chief for every game. I don't know how the refs determine this for every game but Foster never moves around among the 3 roles below:

ref.JPG

I can only think it's seniority base because Ken Mauer, Tony Brothers, etc. almost always appear to be the Crew Chief.

2. The teams he's officiated most this year are the Lakers (4-1), Mavericks (1-3), Sixers (1-5) and Celtics (3-1). This includes two Sixers/Celtics games where Ben Simmons, Al Horford, Jayson Tatum, and Joel Embiid commited 5 fouls each. Remember that 2/12 game between the Sixers and the Celtics and Embiid said the refs f**cking sucks? Guess who was on the officiating crew that night?

3. In the two Bucks games he's officiated, Giannis ends up getting 5 fouls in each game. For the year, he's committed 5 fouls 12 times.

4. He and his crew hates Lonzo Ball. For the season, Lonzo Ball has committed 5 fouls in a game twice, and fouled out twice. Of those four total instances, 3 occurred in games that Foster officiated. Same goes for Darren Collison of the Pacers. Collison ends up committing 5 fouls in both games that Foster officiated.

13. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Damn sometimes it sucks being a Saints and a Rockets fan. It will never change no matter what though.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh come now... you can't be serious...

BeBreezy likes this.
  15. MD_in_Training

Eh, whatever. Honestly the NBA isn't doing itself any favors with the way it is being run. I have not watched a single game outside of the Rockets for two seasons now. Viewership has gone down over the past several years, as seen by Finals ratings, as well as regular season ratings. The recent All Star game ratings also tied for all time lows. There is a general downtrend for the league that is struggling with an overall decrease in sports enthusiasm, suspicious officiating, and lack of parity given the free movement of players to form super teams.

I find it hilarious how Adam Silver is being touted as a great commissioner (NFL asked him to be commissioner) simply due to increased valuations of the teams. When in fact, the valuations have everything to do with networks overpaying for contract and having to over-leverage itself to maintain viewership in an era of cord cutting.

I look forward to 2024 when the current TV deals expire, and the league will likely go into a lockout.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-star-g...w-continue-year-reason-concern-011450320.html

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2019/02/18/Media/NBA-ratings.aspx

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/06/nba-finals-ratings-least-watched-four-years/

pippendagimp and clutchdabear like this.
  16. today

today Contributing Member

As long as we have a game to spare, I say the next time Foster refs one of our games, we just tell the starting 5 to go sit down on the court. They won't get up until Foster leaves the game and they put the alternate ref in. It would be awesome if we could make it a league wide thing, where both teams do it, anytime Foster is a ref. Blackball him.

You can't get fined for that, the players are in the game and they have satisfied all league requirements.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

LOL I feel you!

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Just tuning back into this issue after not paying attention today and yesterday. I have a couple questions:

1 - Has the NBA said a word about the criticism of Scott Foster by TWO player? I did a search and didn't see anything.
    2 - Has the NBA issued any fines to Harden or Paul? I did a search and didn't see anything.
    3 - Has any player in the last 20 years said something like this and nothing happened in response?

This looks seriously bad for the NBA, and they've been trying to sweep this guy under the rug for a long time. They don't want people talking about Doughney, so I'm betting they don't want to escalate anything with a fine. That just brings more scrutiny. The only reason I can think of that he still has a job is that they're scared he'll write a book if they fire him.

joshuaao likes this.
  19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Suggested title for Foster's book, "How to Buy an NBA Championship".

20. durvasa

The Rockets would be ridiculed endlessly if they did that.

D-rock likes this.