1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Happy November First!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Jake Tower, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

My son made his daddy very proud last night...

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, you beat me by a few seconds...close mine down and see below:

What a glorious night that was....

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't actually turn on the game until the 3rd inning. I didn't want to be disappointed, and man, I knew I would be TOTALLY DEVASTATED if we lost. Like literally clinically depressed devastated. Also, I didn't want to jinx anything. Our teams seem to do better in big games when I'm unable to watch for some reason.

Of course I was checking my phone every few minutes....and I saw that it was 2-0....then 5-0....and I said to myself "damn the torpedoes, I'm turning it on."

Bottom of the 9th, I remember saying to myself "okay, here comes the inevitable collapse." I've been watching Houston sports for 40 years, so why wouldn't I assume that? The Renfro non-catch, NC State, Game 6 of the 86 NLCS, Buffalo, etc, etc, etc.....

But as soon as Morton got that first out, I knew it was over. You could see it in the Dodgers eyes. They were beaten and they knew it. The next 2 outs were merely a formality.

When that last ground ball came towards Altuve and he put it away....I just remember standing in front of the TV with my hands on my head in disbelief. It must have been a funny image. I wasn't yelling or screaming (wife and kids were asleep), but I just started to cry. 40 years of waiting were finally over.

No matter what happens from here on out, we'll always have 2017!

Roc Paint, mikol13, itzIce and 6 others like this.
  4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I was nervous as hell to start the game, and from what I remember after jumping and screaming when Springer hit the HR to put us up 5-0, I kind of went into a surreal zen state. Almost disbelief, and also unable to conjure up too much more energy after the whole playoff run. Then when Morton started dominating it just felt like it was over.

After the final out my wife and I jumped up and down while holding our 4 month old daughter in the middle of the living room. Will never forget 2017.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I went outside to listen to the 9th inning on the radio. I just wanted to hear the call from local radio...not Joe Buck. I cried a little. It was like an enormous weight being lifted and I felt relief.

mikol13, Jake Tower and ima_drummer2k like this.
  6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I was stuck in Ohio during the World Series, and I ran out of my apartment with my Astros flag and started waiving it like crazy. I then fell to my knees in the snow and started to sob like a little beyatch. My wife caught it all on camera.

mikol13, Jake Tower and ima_drummer2k like this.
  7. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I woke my (then) 7 year-old son so he could watch the bottom of the 9th and the celebration. My wife had been coming in and out of the room all night, checking in on me and the game. When we made the final out my son and I started jumping around and yelling as much as we could without waking up my little girl. I reminded my son that it was a very special moment, and to savor it and remember it. Hopefully he would, but he might not ever get another chance to see one of his favorite teams win a championship. Many people have been born, lived, and died without seeing their team win it all. I stayed up WAY later than I should have and watched every second of celebration and recap that I could.

Colt45, ima_drummer2k and Jake Tower like this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

Like many here, I watched in dread waiting for the Houston curse hammer to fall.

And then it didn't.

This team was just too good to be denied and fittingly enough for a city that had gone through hell the previous 2 months it was just "our turn". I must admit having lived in Houston from 1991-2012, not actually being in Houston was kind of wistful....(I remember vividly the Rockets championships) but all things considered, I would have rather been in H-town.

And then I came here...to Clutchfans...to celebrate in the only place outside of Houston that I KNEW people would feel the same as I did.....all the way till 3am my time when it was apparent nobody else was still awake.

Then.... I went to bed with the most satisfying grin on my face and the most glorious feeling in the pit of my stomach. We did it boys....we did it!

ima_drummer2k and Jake Tower like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Deshaun Watson's sacrifice was worth it........:rolleyes:;):D:p

Joshfast likes this.
  10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

That was "fun."

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Watched the entire game last night from start to finish. DVR FTW. I told my wife I would divorce her if she ever deleted it.

12. plates300

plates300 Member

I was on an international flight from Houston to Tokyo with no wifi as the game was starting. When we landed, everyone waiting in line to transfer planes was on their phone trying to see the final score. Someone yelled out "ASTROS WON!!!" Everyone in the terminal went crazy screaming ASTROS WON! I don't think the Japanese staff at the airport realized why everyone was going crazy.

Jake Tower likes this.
  13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I was at the game! What a night.