1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, We Really Need To Stop Overrating Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Dec 27, 2009.

1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Yes, Carl Landry is underrated throughout the league. He's finally getting some appreciation in a lot of these articles. But a lot of Rockets fans are really overrating Carl. Saying things like he's our future, he's a top 5 PF, ect. It's getting ridiculous guys. Last night someone said in the Nets thread he basically would consider trading Landry, who is 26 years old for a future top 3 center in Brook Lopez. Carl Landry trade value is nowhere near that high. Don't get me wrong, I love Carl Landry.

2. Convictedstupid

Because you reeeaaallly needed to start this thread.

Good thinking.

3. RocketMania1991

Very True, at the age of 26 Landry has probably reached his ceiling in this league, but is still a valuable player.

4. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Get outa here FOOL! We really need to stop underrating him, REALLY! He's doing this off the bench and it is his time to shine. He deserves it.

5. devin23

devin23 Member

If any team would do that , i'd pull the trigger. But not for brook, since Yao's coming back, but for an another all-star player, pg or sg prefered.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Landry is probably one of the most valuable assets in the NBA right now due to his contract, age, and his play so it's easy to see why people are excited about him. Lopez of course is also a pretty valuable player in the league right now but he was a lottery pick and Landry was a 2nd rounder.

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Most of us just want him to win 6th-man of the year so I do not see the point of this thread.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

:confused:

9. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Way better than overrating injury-recovering She-Mac

for sure ;) ;)

Man, enjoy our current success

10. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He's a good player.

But a true system player.

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Carl Landry deserves 6th man of the year.

I just question when people think he will be an all star.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I will stop overrated Carl Landry when the scoreboard stops overrating Carl Landry.

13. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

We have a right to be excited, what he's doing is insane in a bench role.

In 26 minutes per game, Landry is averaging 17 points, and 6 rebounds on 58% from the floor. He has the post game, the mid-range game, and the ability to draw fouls, and convert at a high rate. He's become our go to scorer in the 4th quarter, and producing at an elite level. I don't know if it still stands, but Landry was the 2nd leading 4th quarter scorer in the NBA, only behind Wade, and ahead of players like Kobe and LeBron.

He's not just a cleanup guy around the basket offensively, he's got legit moves, and he's nearing unstoppable when he comes off the bench. The Nets started to double team him towards the end of the game. His PER36 stats, are nearly 23 points per game, and 8 boards.

He's the best offensive player, coming OFF the bench for a team that's currently 18-12 in the Western Conference.

All hail Carl Landry :grin:

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, I'm not sure Carl Landry will ever be an All-Star. There are just so many fantastic power forwards. However, he has developed into one of those guys that is a borderline All-Star talent. That, in itself, is amazing. I'm a huge Landry fan. I love how he plays. I love his toughness. I'm proud that he is on the Rockets.

That said - these people who wouldn't be willing to include him in a deal for somebody like Chris Paul or Chris Bosh are nuts.

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? Carl is the real deal and whoever said he has reached his ceiling in the NBA lol wtf? NO FREAKIN WAY...hes only been in the league for 3 years.

16. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

And the fact that he got shot and how his nickname is MANdry just makes him that much better.

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Overrated? I think he is underrated.
    There is a reason he is on the court at the end of the game all the time. He can post up and score on any guy, anyone! he can face up and shoot with consitency a 15 footer, he is not afraid to take it to the hoop and get fouled, and if he gets fouled, the guy shoots over 85%. The guy plays 26 minutes a game and is as effective as any other all star pf per 26 minutes.
    west forwards i put ahead of landry right now are, Carmelo, TDuncan, Dirk and thats about it.

18. redao

redao Member

stop overrating Lopez, the center of the worst team ever in NBA.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL - since when do NBA players peak at 26?

20. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Guys where would we be without Carl Landry.