1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guidelines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

I don't see why these things are mutually exclusive.

I can be exposed to people with differing views, sit down and have honest conversation with real humans who come from different places and stages of life, we share our life experiences and whatnot....

And yet I can still think they're assholes. How open minded of me.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

@justtxyank, would you ask @Clutch, if it isn’t too much trouble, to make the ignore function “forum specific?” There are members who apparently enjoy trolling D&D that I would like to ignore in this forum, but would enjoy reading in the others. @Os Trigonum has made it abundantly clear to me that trolling D&D is something he enjoys doing. It would make the forum more enjoyable if I didn’t have to see his posts down here, because unlike him, I do not find the practice amusing. However, I enjoy reading his posts elsewhere on the BBS. He isn’t the only member I would like to apply that ability to. I have 50+ members on ignore, and a few I would like to read in the GARM, Dish, and Hangout, for example.

I would appreciate the effort. Thanks.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. likestohypeguy

I've never understood the ignore feature, vs. just scrolling past content you're not interested in. Unless, you can't stop yourself from reading and reacting, but then, you'll likely still eventually see it. Guess I've never found a need for it on any forum, and there's a lot of posts I skip.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The passive-aggressive attack above on Os Trigonum, disguised as a request of Clutch, is a new low. Os Trigonum is a very level headed poster who shows respect for others and is not a troll. Just because someone disagrees with your viewpoint doesn't mean they are trolling or should be banned/blocked. In fairness to you, Deckard, it must be very frustrating to go through life unable to defend yourself in a debate. You are playing the deuce-seven offsuit that you have been dealt, and your only remaining recourse is to ignore and lobby to ban people! Shame on you for besmirching Os Trigonum's name because of your own feelings of inadequacy.

GOOD DAY

Pistol Pete likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do us all a favor and return to your cave, troll. This has nothing to do with you.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That is certainly your privilege. The vast majority of the members I have on ignore were for bigoted posts. By placing them on ignore, I don’t waste time reading them, and if I just “skip past them,” how will I know what they posted? @Os Trigonum is far from being a “bigoted member.” That doesn’t describe him at all. As far as I’m concerned, this is between him and me. I’m trying to make a point and I’m serious about wishing we had the ability to ignore a member in a particular forum, while reading them in others. It’s a perk I wish we had.

I have been a member for 17 years, posting before this forum existed. I have an interest in it being worth reading.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Os Trigonum is a self-described troll - he has admitted to such in posts before. So if he calls himself a troll, and you deny that he is a troll, that just makes you come across rather poorly.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Os voted for Cynthia Nixon. Enough said.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I didn't realize he was such a Sex in the City fan. Explains so much.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

So are you.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

At one time I did have several posters here in the D&D on ignore. Then, one day I figured out nobody needs to be ignored and I took everyone off of it simply because I came to the understanding that my reactions have nothing to do with what is said and everything to do with my reaction to same. As T-mac used to say...It's on me.

Having your beliefs challenged isn't a bad thing. In fact, it's really the only way to know if you should hold those beliefs.

As for personal insults, boorish behavior, or borderline racism....who gives a f...? That's their ignorance, not mine.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

FIFY

I hung up my trolling hat long long ago. Some folks don't seem able to let go though....

14. King1

You did? You're just trolling on the other side now. No difference

cml750, jcf and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Sorry you are incapable of telling the difference. Good luck.

16. King1

Sorry you're incapable of telling the truth. Good luck

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Lol, your posting history suggests otherwise.

18. King1

Ok. Cool. Apparently Clutch and the other moderators feel otherwise

dachuda86 likes this.