1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gruden's QB Camp with DeShaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pgabriel, May 6, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is on ABC right now

justtxyank likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Thanks! Just set to record.

3. Fantasma Negro

And on youtube

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm old. That's what I thought right after posting this

bhgonzo42 likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Watson was personable but you can tell very raw

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Degree in three years first in his family

That's awesome

burnshroom likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I haven't watched it yet. But does Gruden ever really get negative about a QB?

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

haha. no

9. Fantasma Negro

No, but I don't think he's ever said he was so impressed by a qb he wanted him in his family before, so there's that

10. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

I don't give much credence to these QB camp things, because he made it seem like Osweiler was going to be a star in this league when he invited him to his camp.

We should've known from the get go, a guy that misspells his tattoos is not the guy you want to take the helm.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Gruden is very entertaining in that format. He really "messes" with guests with his quick wit. He apparently liked Watson especially...the I want him in my family comment.

pgabriel likes this.
  12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

lol at gruden. that guy has never met a qb he doesn't like. I think he liked bortles.

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Gruden should have his own reality show of him just in daily life. I'd watch.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  14. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

From observing this year's crop it seems he was most impressed with Brad Kaaya...So I'll keep an eye on that

15. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

No. After working with all the top QB's coming out this year......Gruden said he wouldn't take any of these QB's
    in the first round. He said he would go with Nate Peterman in a later round. He played in a pro-style offense
    with Pitt.......(just no talent around him).

If he had to start one of these QB's?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/ar...Peterman/31b17245-6514-49a0-aa00-0508b8d304fa

#15 Jatman20, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Gruden is like that AP teacher that still gives everyone As.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

"Live life to it is Fullest Potential" - Senior Osweiler

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  18. liveguy

liveguy Member

This...

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

To say that Peterman had no talent around him is flat out false.

He had one of the best running games in the nation. He had a great receiver each year he started. A very underrated tight end and a good offensive line.

His team beat Clemson for their only loss, and he was only a small part of that.

20. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I'm not sure I agree with you EddieWasSnubbed.

College Stats (128 teams) per ESPN
    .......2016......................Clemson.....................................................Pitt...........
    Passing Offense..........3rd in nation............................................69th in nation

Rushing Offense.......*48th in nation............................................21st in nation
    .................*Watson rarely under center................Peterman under center around 10 x a gm from what I saw

Rushing Defense........29th in nation............................................8th in nation
    Passing Defense........29th in nation............................................127th (out of 128)
    Total Defense.............14th in nation............................................41st in nation

Players Drafted (2016/17).....round.........................................round...........................................
    Mike Williams WR...................1st................................................................................................
    Tankersley DB.........................3rd..............................................3rd......James Conner RB........
    **Gallman RB...........................4th............................................4th .....Dorian Johnson............
    Carlos Watkins DT...................4th...............................................................................................
    Leggett TE...............................5th................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................6th ......Adam Bisnowaty...........
    ....................................................................................................7th.......Ejuan Price...................

Projected prospects 2018 per Walterfootball.com
    Deon Cain ...................rated 7th best WR.................................Jester Weah 14th best WR........
    Mitch Hyatt............................4th best OT...................................Jordan Whitehead 2nd best Safety
    Tyrone Crowder....................12th best Guard
    Austin Bryant........................15th best DE
    Christian Wilkins...................2nd best DT
    Kendall Joseph.....................3rd best OLB/ILB
    Van Smith.............................6th best Safety in the nation.

Not everything is about offense. Put Peterman on Clemson and does Clemson beat Alabama? Peterman is probably
    more accurate. I would like to have seen Peterman with the weapons Clemson had. I don't know if he wins?
    I do know this.........put Watson on Pitt and they don't come close to the championship game. Mainly because
    of that god awful 127 ranked passing defense. It takes two to tango.....just like it takes two to pass and catch.
    I would like to see Bridgewater or Geno Smith with the weapons Watson had. Just Williams alone saves
    your bacon more times than not.

**Gallman was rated much higher than Conner on Walterfootball.com.

#20 Jatman20, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017