1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Griffey soon to be traded

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AtlantaRocketsFan, Nov 2, 1999.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Looks like the Braves are not going after Griffey. Not because he won't sign. He will sign with them. But because the don't want to give up Andruw Jones.

If you look at the first 3 year stats, Jones' numbers are about equal to Griffeys. Also, Jones just got another gold glove.

The proposed trade now stands at Bruce Chen, Bret Boone, Ryan Klesko, and the Braves star minor league prospect who has been rated as the next 5 tool player in the majors. They don't want to give up Jones or Millwood.

But, I hear that who they really want is ARod. I think that is who they are going to get.

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Almu, you forgot the best part...the Astros are one of the 4 teams most interested. I would like an Alou and Biggio for Griffey, if they would take it.

BTW, what makes you think that they would accept that trade for ARod, but not Griffey? My guess is that they'll trade Griffey, but resign ARod.

Jeez, all you Braves fans are so arrogant.

[​IMG]