1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great fans last night at the Rockets-Grizzlies Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, Oct 16, 2016.

1. what

what Member

I have to give it up to Toyota Center. That game felt like a playoff game. It was unreal. I used to go to the grizzlies preseason games and it cannot compare. I don't know what the attendance was but y'all were booing so loud when the grizzlies shot free throws and that 3 in overtime the whole arena exploded.

This is not a thinly-veiled gloat since the grizzlies won, it is a truly-impressed person over how great the atmosphere was. Besides the fact that that game last night was one of the best preseason games I've ever seen.

Cheers. So glad I was a part of that game.

jscmedia and Mr. Clutch like this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

We know whats (pun intended) going on here! :cool:

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah we have the best fans in the whole wide NBA. We need to thank Uncle Le$ for creating an atmosphere where the best sports fans in the world (Rockets fans) can come cheer for our team, win or lose.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

both teams played hard

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So no fans gave you the what for, for wearing your Gay jersey?

btw: no picks?

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

clap, clap, clap!

(sorry, inner McHale coaching PTSD kicked in)

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It might not say gay on the back but it's still gay

8. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Huh? Raucous supportive crowd in TC? PRESEASON? What is going on? I haven't been to Houston in like 25 years, but it seems like y'all are always talking about how shitty the crowds tend to be, largely due to a corporate stranglehold on the lower seats (?!?) -- it would be a pretty huge deal if that changed somehow. Am I missing something?

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I get dirty looks for yelling at the Rockets games. As if I'm not supposed to get hype

KDavis likes this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Much more conservative than the Texans crowd

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The best tickets get bought first by the richest people, who are frequently too busy to go, and which creates artificial scarcity in the lower bowl, raising prices.

The Corperate guest actually tend to be pretty good fans. I've heard some crazy **** in the lower bowl directed at the refs and other teams lol. It's just that there are so few at any given time.

The good news is, it works both ways. When games are extremely crowded, our 2nd hand seat market demand grows at a slower rate, meaning prices are artificially kept lower in times of high demand.

burlesk likes this.
  12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think this was an anomaly. During the regular season when the Rockets are playing a mediocre team, the arena has many empty seats and they typically aren't as loud as other arenas.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

It was loud cause since it's preseason, people from upstairs were able to skip down to the lower bowl without any issues

people like this guy....

heypartner likes this.
  14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Can confirm. Every pre-season I buy tickets in the 400's, sit there for the first quarter and watch what seats I'd like to sit in and then move down.

#14 Scionxa, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Dave2000 likes this.