1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

But I doubt they'd show up. NSFL btw.

Exiled likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Man this and the lady calling 911 saying she was being attacked by the birdwatcher are really f'ing disturbing.

3. fchowd0311

I just don't get it. The man was lifeless for a solid 5 minutes and he still has his knee on his neck? Why?

The only thing I can think of is that psychopath didn't want any civilian telling him what to do so he literally suffocated a man to death in public because of pure ego and drove away to the comfort of his family that night. What a ****ed up country.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That was awful.

Still don't need guns to protest though. Just need people to shake the apathy and come out in numbers.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm waiting on the usual suspects to step in and say if the guy wasn't doing anything illegal in the first place, this never would have happened.

Mazulis, apollo33, JayGoogle and 9 others like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

WTF. Does anyone know if that man did end up dying?

That officer is a straight up murderer. He was doing it knowing he was on camera just to prove a point.

7. dobro1229

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... that was brutal to watch.

‘He Should Not Have Died’: Video Of Fatal Arrest Shows Minneapolis Cop Kneeling On Man’s Neck
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020...minneapolis-police-fbi-called-to-investigate/

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Officers were idiots

or police are not properly trained , or rather I should say they are trained to protect themselves first and civilians second

those extra people showing up filming didn’t help . Normally you’d think the pressure of a camera would cause the officers to calm down and treat people more gently.... in this case it triggered (gotta come home to my family mode) and the officers felt more threatened .

instead of relaxing on the subdued guy they decided to hold him down even harder and perceived the camerawoman and any other bystanders as hostile .

if the officers had a legit reason for holding the guy (say he had been putting up a huge struggle and they were trying to tire him out / some other plan) all the one guy had to do was calm the situation down and explain .

I’m surprised they didn’t pull a gun on the crowd . Guess things really are getting better :/

10. dobro1229

And the police officer is at home relaxing with full pay.

Also the police report they note in this article is just garbage. Trying to paint a picture of someone who was intoxicated with a serious medical condition so they can try and say he died of natural causes which is laughable if it wasn't so sad. It's as if these cops are rubbing it in at this point.

11. fchowd0311

Don't confuse "gotta come to my family" mode to "gotta not have civilians telling me what to do and not to do" mode.

He did it out of pure ego and zero fear of his life.

Also there was no legitimate reason. Also the two cops were giving contradictory orders. One was telling him to get up while the other had a knee to his neck. The two officers could have picked him up and put him in their squad car the moment he was on the ground in that position.

Civilians have every right to call out abuses of authority in front of those figures faces and they should. These people need to feel shame.

Jayzers_100 and amaru like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I didn’t even see two other officers . I just saw the guy doing crowd control in the front and the guy on the detainee.

I’m not arguing that civilians shouldn’t have the right to do exactly what they did .

the officers obviously handled the extra crowd factor very poorly .

in your opinion does the guy stay on his neck longer , shorter , or the same time if the crowd never shows up ? My money says that he would have gotten off earlier if no crowd showed up . Your right , there is a bit of “don’t do what people are telling me to do”

I think it goes back to training...these guys are probably taught , control the crowd , don’t give in , escalate the situation by pulling a weapon if need be , you are in control you are in charge

I don’t know if it was Ego , fear , training , pure idiocy and intent to harm someone .... I don’t care .

I can’t go into these police officers heads . But , they need to be trained better so they KNOW not to respond like this and have it ingrained . How is it not in the manual once a dude is unconscious that you get off his airway !?

you can’t say this is a rogue individual action because the dude had backup there . Therefore the issue is systemic . Police aren’t trained on how to de-escalate situations

13. fchowd0311

The more disgusting aspect of this murdering officer is that in many situations where there is an unarmed man being gunned down by a cop, some of those times those cops just had a itchy paranoid trigger finger and didn't know if the victim was armed or not.

This isn't the case here. It was a long slow death by a man who very well know that the person he was slowly murdering was unarmed. There was no paranoid quick twitch reaction excuse here. It was pure psychopathy.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. dobro1229

Exactly. If the officer was in fear for his life, the other officers would have picked up on that, and rushed to help him. The fact that the other officer doing crowd control was acting the way he was, and the way the other officer strolled by to check his pulse after he was dead, tells me that the murderer officer here was probably senior to the other officers, and someone they were afraid to undermine. I would have loved to know what was going through the mind of the asian officer doing crowd control two feet away from his partner murdering a man. He knew what was happening, and he did nothing. Was it out of fear of his partner? Was it because they just do that all the time and it's just something he's numb to? Or is he just that much of an idiot??

My intuition here tells me he did nothing out of fear.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

It's 100% ego. And yes, there is a very strong chance that the officer would have released the hold on the victim earlier if civilians didn't tell him what to do but that is like a abusive husband beating his wife because a bystander told him not to hit his wife. The blame is 100% on the person who committed murder.

Maybe officer training results in officers believing they are superior to civlians bit in more likely hood it's the type of people drawn into law enforcement combined with the relatively low standards to get in given the immense amount of responsibility and authority given to them.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Either relaxing, or ******** bricks about how he's going to be in prison for the next decade.

Not defending the cop here -- looks like murder to me though I'll await more facts -- but I feel some sympathy for him because of the video. You can watch the victim die on screen, which is horrible. More than anything else, he needs justice. You can also watch the perpetrator in this tense situation make a bad and fateful decision that will ruin his life. I would not want to be that guy. If it was me in that video, I'd probably be on suicide watch now.

Hakeemtheking and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. dobro1229

This has nothing to do with training or de-escalation skills. These guys aren't that incompetent. Look at their faces, and read their body language. He knows what his knee and body weight are doing to the man's neck. The crowd control partner knows what is happening two feet away from him and does nothing. Sorry but that is a BS explanation.

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I watched the whole video just to make sure. Those are bad cops and need to get fired and investigated. This is not good policing, I have always supported the good cops because their jobs aren’t the easiest in the world, but they need to clean house and get rid of the bad ones.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That cop should be arrested for murder.

superfob, SWTsig, edwardc and 8 others like this.
  20. fchowd0311

He's probably thankful knowing how strong police unions are and how high of a bar it is to convict a LEO for murder while on duty.

JuanValdez likes this.