1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goudelock. Please.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #Pursuit, Mar 18, 2016.

1. #Pursuit

#Pursuit Member

Why is Terry playing 22 minutes? We know last year he was worn out from playing so much. We should only be having him play spot minutes and maybe pull him out in playoffs to hit clutch shots

He was -12 tonight in +/-, why can't we play Goudelock, who did well in the little time he was given in the Grizzlies game? Thanks JB.

This stupid desire to have a spot up only point guard is part of the reason for Harden's turnovers. He's younger, can score, and is completely different from Ty Lawson, who had a "pass first" mentality.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i hope they're trying to get him to learn the "system". otherwise its another wasted roster spot

more hrrel, kj, goudelock. less 35-40mpg games from bev, ariza, harden and dwight

3. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Goudelock in that inexplicable JB doghouse again smh

4. #Pursuit

#Pursuit Member

Offensive system is just watch Harden and dribble around while not using on ball screens.

Defensive system is switch on everything and double everything even if it means give a wide open layup

Harrell and KJ are not as refined as people think. However, that's mostly due to bad coaching and playing on a team with no defensive system except "switch on everything and double everything". Clearly the effort is there, but we can't really expect too much out of them.

Then again, the way this season is going, we really could use a switchup.

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I am very curious about Goudelock, but I don't know if I would be compelled to play him to save Terry for the playoffs. Would 22 minutes of basketball really wear out a professional athlete of any age? I've never played in the NBA obviously, so I don't pretend to know - but I have my doubts. Terry has limitations due to his age like anybody for sure - those will show up whether he plays 22 minutes a game or 5 minutes a game. Plus, these games are important.

6. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

JB respects his elders.

1 person likes this.
  7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this season is a wash and it would've been much better to give the bench warmers, who are talented, some consistent minutes earlier in the season. but they decided to do it now.

not much to lose, too good to fall out of the playoffs. might as well give them some burn now. looks like he gave up on kj and harrel already.

8. houtown

houtown Member

Bickerstaff may need to appease his cronies, possibly the same way he got a job in the league as a coach.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

When did Goudelock last play basketball? Regularly, I mean...I thought Feigen reported he wasnt as ready to go as Beasley.

#9 RV6, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like Harrell a lot but man this KJ fascination blows my mind.

To me he looks terrible out there on the court. His defense is so overrate besides his blocks which I admit are elite for a guard but his offense is absolutely painful to watch his shot is so broke.

11. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Man, what gives? Is he in the doghouse? I just don't understand why Terry gets as many minutes as he does. Surely he can't be any worse than Brewer, Terry, or KJ off the bench.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

it would've been smarter to play the young guys early on in the season so we'd know exactly what they can bring by all star break. but they didtn do that, and instead overplaying harden, bev, and ariza. they need rest. impossible to fall out of playoffs so they dont have to worry about that. they can still give harrel, kj and whoever consistent short spurts every game.

the only guys who shouldnt get minutes is jones and terry. smith maybe but he's good for defense and making plays. terry should be a last resort if no one can make a three.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It appears he is still inactive, while TJones, activated to take his place, has had a string of DNP-CDs.

Last night the backup guards for ATL scored 34, our backups scored 3.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Nothing new here folks.

Young player plays well in the minimal minutes he sees.

Fans excitement grows at the thought of older largely ineffective player being taken out of rotation.

Said thought does not happen, instead younger player banished to the edge of the bench.

Fans scratch their heads at a seemingly common sense rotational change being botched.

Rinse and repeat.

WELCOME TO HOUSTON ROCKETS 'BASKETBALL'

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thats cuz kj da gawd is back to rotting on the bench. and gawdlawk is gonna help warm harden's chair. we need these two young guns in there to give us an extra 2-3pts per game :grin:

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wonder if JB knows that we picked him up? Maybe he thought it was a ten day contract?

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Bickerstaff wouldn't know his backside from a hole in the ground...

18. buffalobills!!!

JB is worse than McHale. Can't believe I just said that

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep this season is on Morey and Les, you can't fire a guy unless you have a plan, clearly they did not.

Though I expect it is a lot more Les than Daryl.

DD

20. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

I just don't get why he's still in JB's doghouse. Beasley is playing out of his mind now, maybe Goudelock can also do something similar? They were both MVPs overseas and are in really good shape. I think JB prefers his 'boys' (esp Brewer & Terry) too much to the detriment of the team. I'm starting to truly hate his guts.