1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gordon: "We can’t isolate as much against a good defensive team. I don’t care who you are."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, May 15, 2018.

1. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

If DMo were here, we will win game 2 and this series.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

we may or may not see some doubles here and there on kd depending on if kd plays as well as he did on game 1. we'll just have to see what they do differently this game but im hoping they correct the mistakes they made on their own from game 1 and guys who didnt play well step up behind james, cp3, and cc. ariza also plays much more solid defensively minimizing his foul takes. him getting in foul trouble hurt a lot

#262 YOLO, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of course they do. Kerr carried on about how important home court was until it was obvious that they wouldn't have it. Then it was suddenly a shrug and, "it doesn't matter." The regular season matters, a lot.

That's in the rear view mirror now, of course. Both teams want to win tonight, but it's a bigger game for Houston. We need to take care of business here and get a split in Oakland. I'll keep repeating this. That's how we take back home court. Sure, it's obvious, but obvious doesn't get us a split at home or there. What's obvious is that we have to start playing like we know we can play. We can and will start doing that tonight, in my opinion. We have no other choice.

D-rock, MyLateRegistration and BigO like this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can he box out Draymond Green?

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dmo thinks to himself: Boy, I was lucky to avoid slaughter in the first WCF game.

6. HookemHorns1250

Yes... they did. They kept mentioning how important was. The reason they changed the narrative late in the season was because they knew they weren’t getting it.

D-rock and MyLateRegistration like this.
  7. onreego

onreego Member

We need his butt sweat. Curry's kryptonite.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Our box outs have been lacking

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  9. val_modus

val_modus Member

This. Steph textbook boxing out Green for an offensive board late in the second half was symbolic for our effort in that department.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Klay never dribbles anyway

D-rock and MyLateRegistration like this.
  12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Cut the dribble by half. Do what you did in the regular season. We will take Game 2!

cheke64 and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I enjoyed this clip again.o_O

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with Gordon but just like anything else the man needs to earn those shots. He was so F'n open in so man shots. They also used to shoot from the parking lot and now they are just at the line. Boy do I miss Rudy T. He always had a plan B C and D. He also had Hakeem with back up plans. Counter move afyer counter move after counter move.
    I really hope so brother. This Rockets organization owe us old Clutchfans memembers alot. I've burnt through so many computers and thrown my hamd through plenty of walls because of dissapointments.

Deckard likes this.
  15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

If the other guys guys can make their shots then maybe they'll get the ball more! Also credit to Warriors for not allowing easy passes.

But I can't believe he said that. Also when he gets the ball he thinks it's a smart idea to shoot from half court? Bruh come on now. TRADE!

17. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Take your loser mentality elsewhere.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He's just down the street. They should give him a call.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Seemed to me the ISOs are taking too long to develop. What happened to the seven seconds or less?