1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye Offseason/Preseason, Welcome Reg Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

It has been a crazy off-season with
    new "OC",
    free agents,
    lack of free agents,
    the Matt Kalil experiment,
    draft picks,
    firing a GM,
    pursuing a GM,
    no longer pursuing a GM,
    Flat org,
    the Duke Johnson trade,
    Lamar Miller out for the season,
    Andrew Luck retiring,
    Clowney gone for not enough,
    the Tunsil and Stills trade for too much,
    end of the Matt Kalil experiment,
    etc.

Whew! This off-season has been something. We survived and it's a new season. I'm going to try to forget this past off-season and focus on the team and the season on hand. No more griping about how we got here. Time to celebrate (and the occasional gripe) the current Texans team. If we erase how we got here, this team (especially the offense) is pretty good. Deshaun has some weapons to work with: Hopkins, Fuller, Stills, and Duke. And he has better protection: Fulton, Tunsil, Scharping, Howard, Martin, and RoJo. That's an upgrade from last season. They should score a ton of points. The defense might not be as good as last year but is still formidable with pass rush of Mercilus, Reader, and Watt. The linebacker corp is solid with McKinney, Cunningham, and Cole. The CBs are shaky but the secondary will get some help with the 3 safeties. All in all, I still think the team wins the division (Luck retiring helps) and will have a chance in the playoffs.

So here's to the 2019 season. 0-0.

tmoney1101, havoc1, Rudyc281 and 6 others like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

I dont believe I forgot to include Carl Smith in my list. He is one of the additions I'm most excited about.

Buck Turgidson and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Offseason started?
    And is already over?
    Texans thought offseason started last Saturday!

Nimo likes this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

fresh start always 0-0 for a moment.
    being in houston you want the home team to do well.

Go time.
    Interesting to see if texans will be relevant by time rockets start?

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Randy moss’ pants don’t match his jacket. It’s a sign. Texans are going 10-6.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

can we go back?

Mr. Space City likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Barely won today against a jag team at home who is not very good. You look at the schedule, you probably can pull off splitting the 4 games against colts and titans, your rival match ups. You play 2-2, 1-1 now. thats 3-3. In the 10 games you got.

Tough games against Chargers, Ravens, Pats, and Chiefs are guarantee losses, unless this team really can pull something off, dont count on it. 3-7. So now with 6 games to make a stand. Home games are a toss up with teams at home vs Panthers, Falcons, AND Raiders you should win. 6-7. 3 GAMES?

Jags away ? win
    Broncos at Home? Win - should pull it out if you wanna make the wilcard
    The Bucs on the Road? Win

9-7 at best, will this even be enough to make the wild card, i say no. Titans or colts could get the wildcard at 10-6 records, its a toss up. The thing is there could be a upset at home with the titans.

Im gonna go with 8-8, or even a possible upset where colts/Broncos also beat houston at home. 7-9 at worse. Houston has to take the next step, they cant lose games at home, but maybe 1 or 2 against hard teams. They have to beat good team on the road, and win games in fashion. I just dont know with this team., They can be good, but at times just not a playoff team good. This schedule is not favorable, and it just looks plain hard.....

Seems like a mix for a 7-9 falcon team we saw last year. Hope not.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Update 2-1

Rudyc281 likes this.