1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Vegas shows for non-English speaker?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yonkers, Nov 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

OK, not quite non-English speaking. My parents speak broken English and can read pretty well. So watching TV with closed-captioning works fine. They plan to go to Vegas soon and want me to book them a cool show. However, shows don't come with closed-captioning.
    The last time they went I got them tickets for Cirque du Soleil Ka at the MGM. They thought it was good but didn't understand 100%. I still think a Cirque du Soleil (like the one at Bellagio) might be the way to go but would like some other opinions.
    Thanks.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Thunder from Down Under.

3. Yonkers

Damn you. I had an vague recollection of what that show was about but wasn't sure so I had to Google it. Why I ask you... why? :mad:

4. Asian Sensation

Cheetah's. It's universal.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Maybe O at the Bellagio. That's the last show I saw there. I think it was all non verbal communication even during the comedic bits. Maybe someone else here can confirm.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he was joking with you.

yeah go with the bellagio cirque du soleil. KA is more plot driven.

Oh what about Blue Man Group?

7. drumbum

drumbum Member

I second Blue Man Group, or maybe just some magic..

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Oh crap, tinman's post made me realize I confused O w/ La Reve at the Wynn (both are water-oriented shows). La Reve isn't Cirque, but it's in the same vein. Like I said, I think it was all physical communication. Pretty good, especially if you've seen already seen a few Cirque shows. The 360 stage and seating is interesting.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It depends. Are you into "artsy" stuff? Cirque Du Soleil... are you into Comedy? Blue Man Group + Wax Museum next to it.

The missus and I saw Blue Man group. I took the following PHOTO:
    [​IMG]

;)

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya...I don't think there is any speaking in "O."

Yonkers- I recommend "O" as well, really entertaining show with great stunts. Their proficiency in english won't matter at all.

11. Yonkers

Ah ok. I knew nothing about KA other than it was a Cirque show. If it's plot driven that could explain a bit of the confusion. It's beginning to sound like O or that water show at the Wynn is the way to go.
    Thanks everyone.

12. conquistador#11

Nudity is universal language, more than ALgebra! oh,misread the thread. It's not for you. How about magic shows?

13. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I have been to KA and don't recall any speaking at all. When they do speak and sing its in Cirque imaginary language so nobody understands :p
    Get them tickets to the O ... I just saw it a few months ago. Its good and there is no speaking either.

I would not recommend magic shows as there is usually a lot of speaking and even possible interaction. I went to David Copperfield ... we almost got chosen to participate :eek:

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Fantasy at Luxor...

good times... good times.... :)

15. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Be sure to go see Carrot Top too....good times :D

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes I was...everytime I get off the plane there are signs for that show everywhere...

I would seriously recommend Mamma Mia, if they like Abba music, it is great.

DD