1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State not going to the White House

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, Jun 13, 2017.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

No, he's a troll. Previously banned as Harden2Capela and probably a few others.

2. amaru

amaru Member

*insert Nick Young confused face*

3. amaru

amaru Member

They don't have to go to the White House. This is America, not North Korea.

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Curry is overrated, so glad durant won fmvp over that fool. i was worried they would rob durant like they robbed kawhi and harden

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

i think this is a personal choice. Other people have skipped out on meeting the President because they had other things they deemed more important. I also think it's important to note that liberals clearly have stronger negative views of Trump (as a man, not necessarily politically) than recent conservative Presidents and nominees.

i don't think you understand the crab analogy

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Warriors' current stance is probably the nicest thing they can do for Trump short of going and pretending they think he's awesome. Trump can just say he can't fit the Warriors in his busy schedule and not send an invite. Media impressions will be minimal. Alternatives would be to say nothing now, and then refuse the invite when it comes to embarrass the president; accept the invite and tell the President what they think (like Silver suggests for some reason) letting Draymond Green be the spokesperson, again to embarrass the president. Discouraging an invite like this is the low-drama approach.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

MadMax likes this.
  8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wtf you talking about?! You want to live like a white person is what you're saying? I'm black. I work my ass off everyday and because I don't have it like some white people, I'm lazy? Is that what your saying? Blacks, whites, Mexicans, etc. have problems with trump from what he says and does. You wanting to live like a white person is probably the problem with you. Whites aren't the only ones living a so-called honest living. That post is pure trash.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Embarrassing

#189 red5rocket, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Classic troll - I like the "joining on hitler's birthday" touch.

Loser.

11. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Mind blown.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How is declining respectful? It would be sending a message that is meant to say something and respect isn't it.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

True. I can't argue with that.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Anyone who says "people should respect the office of the presidency" should say that to 40% of the population that don't respect it on a day to day basis anyways. Trump didn't get elected by a significant portion of the population thinking that dignity, honor, and duty mattered. He was voted in as a big FU to our institutions, and our Democracy as a catalyst for political chaos that could break down our government, and be rebuilt into whatever political structure you fantasize about. If 40% of the population is allowed to say F it, the Warriors should be able to do so too.

Good for them.

RocketDream likes this.
  15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is stupidest thing I've read all year.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

SEAT PLEASANT, Md. -- When the Golden State Warriors visit the nation's capital on Feb. 28 to take on the Washington Wizards, superstar Kevin Durant tells ESPN he will not be visiting President Donald Trump at the White House, should the team be invited.

"Nah, I won't do that," said Durant, the 2017 NBA Finals MVP. "I don't respect who's in office right now."

Durant spoke to ESPN in an exclusive interview Thursday as his hometown of Seat Pleasant, Maryland, celebrated "Kevin Durant Day" for all his achievements on and off the court.

He expounded on why he will bypass the White House visit, a ritual for professional teams coming off of championship seasons.

"I don't agree with what he agrees with, so my voice is going to be heard by not doing that," said Durant, who said it wasn't an organizational decision. "That's just me personally, but if I know my guys well enough, they'll all agree with me."

The White House has not extended a formal invitation to the Warriors.

Durant's hometown is 11 miles away from downtown Washington, D.C. Ever since he was a kid, he dreamed of taking the Larry O'Brien Trophy to the front steps of the White House.

However, Trump's divisive rhetoric over the last few years and his recent perceived inactivity with what has transpired in Charlottesville, Virginia, has caused many athletes and politicians to voice their frustrations.

"I just wanted to sit back and analyze everything and gather my thoughts," Durant said. "I wanted to say something immediately, but I definitely want to be the voice of where I come from and people who have come from my neighborhood and deal with oppression.

"I'm representing a lot of people. As far as what's going on in our country, for one as an athlete, you have to commend Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, CP3 (Chris Paul), [and] Dwyane Wade for starting that conversation last year. Russell Westbrook also said something in his speech. A lot guys with platforms have drove the conversation in a good direction. And what's going on in Charlottesville, that was unfathomable."

A white supremacist rally, protesting the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue, was organized in Charlottesville last week. Heather Heyer, 32, was killed Saturday when a car, allegedly driven by James Alex Fields Jr., plowed into a crowd that was protesting a march by white nationalists. Over a dozen demonstrators were also injured.

Durant believes the President has played a role in the escalation of racial tension and the public rise of white supremacists.

"He's definitely driving it," Durant said. "I feel ever since he's got into office, or since he ran for the presidency, our country has been so divided and it's not a coincidence. When [Barack] Obama was in office, things were looking up. We had so much hope in our communities where I come from because we had a black President, and that was a first.

"So, to see that, and to be where we are now, it just felt like we took a turn for the worse, man. It all comes from who is in the administration. It comes from the top -- leadership trickles down to the rest of us. So, you know, if we have someone in office that doesn't care about all people, then we won't go anywhere as a country. In my opinion, until we get him out of here, we won't see any progress."

He says the onus is on everyone, but more so people of stature, to take a stand.

"For us to move forward, we need more athletes and people of power and influence to come out and speak," Durant said. "It's great to see a lot of athletes coming together and trying to direct a positive path for a lot of kids and a lot of people in this country who look up to us.

"It's huge for us. It's huge for sports. It's huge for the influence we have, because we're leaders at the end of the day. It feels good to see my brothers in the NBA and across sports speaking out."

Durant, along with several athletes and community leaders, see giving back to their communities as a way of empowering the next generation and investing into the future. He said where he comes from, love was expressed. Parents not only raised their kids, but also helped raise the kids in the neighborhood.

He believes that's what we need to get back to as a nation --loving everyone.

"I grew up in a community that was 95 percent African American, and one of the most flourishing communities in the country," Durant said. "And we did that by loving each other and continuing to uplift each other in our communities.

"But, also, we fought for equality of all. We fought for wanting everybody in our neighborhoods to feel comfortable everywhere, amongst all people. And I think a lot of players that have stood up and talked about that, have come from communities where we had to band together and rise up.

"... You should also commend a lot of the guys who haven't said anything publicly, but are doing a lot in their communities. Even though it looks bad, I can tell you first hand, especially in our league, I see so many guys doing so much for their communities that they grew up in. I think it's only going to get better if we look at it that way. The positive side of things. It's only going to get better. If guys keep pouring in and investing in their communities."

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Yes, I see but will the Rockets visit the White House????

18. MONON

MONON Member

Oh I would love for some of those loose cannons come face to face with Trump & compare hand sizes! :D

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

20. MONON

MONON Member

I the words of the Trumpmaster, "fake hands, fake face & fake news!! :eek: