1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo to release mini NES

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Anticope, Jul 14, 2016.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Props on River City Ransom, that game was legit.

Also Super Dodge Ball!

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That controller was awesome! Super Contra and Super Metroid that was a must.

Too bad this new mini NES doesn't include Super Metroid. That was my favorite.

3. hlcc

hlcc Member

I guess I'm immune to nostalgia. I grew up with the NES/Famicom and still have fond memories of the system but have zero interest in replaying any of those old school games.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Super Metroid was on SNES, would also buy if they made a mini SNES

#44 TMac'n, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I had my nostalgic fix about 8 years ago. I would YouTube Megaman, street fighter, and ninja Gaidenot and tmnt hard ass games to investigate why I couldn't beat them. That's where I met my friend Angry Nintendo nerd.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

TMNT was stupidly hard. I remember there was a certain point at which you just couldn't advance.

TMNT II - the arcade style one, was much more fun. Double Dragon style

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would buy this if I didn't build a retro Pi two months ago. I can have SNES/Genesis/NES games all on the same console. Great idea from Nintendo though.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

still have an OG NES so I'm good. finding rare games is a b**** though

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes I will take the mini NES and mini SNES combo pack please. :grin:

10. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

My guess would be that the mechanics and gameplay will be the same, but the players from the original TECMO won't be found in the new version due to expiration of licensing agreements. I've seen that with several old sports games that have been ported to these plug-and-play machines.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

This seems like bad business. There's no reason NOT to implement Nintendo's eShop on the system. Some people might not like the game library, and some people might get bored with the game library after a few playthroughs. Just seems like making more titles available is the smart move.

12. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I'd buy mini snes not this garbage

13. Poloshirtbandit

Ahhh memories... Dad and I used this for Top Gun. One of us would fly the other would shoot.

14. Poloshirtbandit

It's beatable, but very hard. I made it to Shredder a couple times and died almost instantly then finally beat the game years later with a Game Genie.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I remember being addicted to TMNT: The Arcade Game. My Mom came home one day and had bought the game from a store, and I was so happy, until I realized she got me the first one instead of TMNT 2. :)

You're right, that game was way too hard. I think I got to the level where you have the turtle-van (or whatever its called) and ride around in that.

16. hvic

hvic Member

I have a jailbroken xbox with these nintendo games and more. I will pass on this

17. hvic

hvic Member

I acquired my games from friends bc the nintendo doesnt work anymore or from garage sales.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, WTH!!! It's sold out??? These scavengers are buying all the stock to sell them on fleabay!!! You bastards!

19. VanityHalfBlack

Any info on where to get one now?

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Tried two different Targets before they opened and all the systems were already spoken for. Tried Dell.com, refreshing every 5 seconds. Went from "Not yet available" to "No longer available" and I never even saw it for sale.

I wasn't about to wait for 2 hours outside of Gamestop or Best Buy, so I'll wait until Amazon has them on sale at 4pm today. They'll likely sell out in seconds, so if I don't get it now then **** it, I'll just wait 6 months. **** Nintendo with their artificially limited supply.