1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

are there different level difficulties?

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Not currently, but I think they're adding a "hard mode" in the first DLC.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Another one. Don't call out sick today lol

4. Anticope

Anticope Member

Well I took your advice and got it and I'm seriously blown away with how much fun this game is. I've been playing it nonstop since Saturday and I'm obviously not too far into it yet but it seems to have a simplicity that I enjoy and that a lot of other open world games that I've played have lacked. It definitely seems like a good game (and console) for couples so I'm gonna see how my girlfriend likes it, she's more of a Mariokart fan too. Thanks for the feedback!

Joshfast likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I only put in about 8hrs a week, but still cant get enough Zelda. Best game EVER. I haven't enjoyed Zelda this much since SNES.

Joshfast likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Zelda. Those Centaur Lynel dudes basically come out of a DIFFERENT game. They wreck your ****.

Joshfast likes this.
  7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

It's cool to climb the towers and just scan the horizon. Do it for daytime and nighttime you see different things in certain areas.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My kids have played and like:
    Zelda
    Mario Kart
    Lego City
    Arms
    NBA Playground (not played a ton, but I like it)

I know the Lego City one you can get on other consoles, and Mario Kart isn't much of an improvement over the prior Mario Kart 8, but 4.5 games getting solid rotation is pretty good value. And Splatoon 2 comes out next month (though I understand its again not a huge upgrade over Splatoon 1... which sucks).

Specifically on ARMS since its only out a couple weeks. This game is great. A really really neat new take on fighting games. Classically Nintendo. And introduces new characters to the Nintendo universe of familiar, sought after characters. My kids like it, I like it.

The criticism of the system would be all price for me. Especially accessories, where the joy con controllers are the best, but are like $80 which is a **** ton for a controller. But even beyond that, console is expensive, games are expensive, accessories are expensive.. I think online will be paid beginning in 2018 (though not a ton).

I can see the criticism for others will be the same criticisms that we've had of Nintendo for ages now. Not the best hardware in terms of spec and performance. Doesn't have the best, most up to date, coolest games for 20+ year olds. It's definitely a family console as much as anything.. but even as an adult, there's also something about Nintendo games you don't get on other consoles.

The new Mario will be the next must have big sales driver and looks awesome.

Joshfast likes this.
  9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The Mario and Rabbids crossover game looks great too. Nintendo can conceivably launch 3 mario games in the first year of the switch at this rate. That's incredible.

Joshfast likes this.
  10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Let's not forget Metroid Prime 4 and the new Pokémon RPG coming out. Hopefully one of those by the end of 2018.

Joshfast likes this.
  11. what

what Member

If you try Shovel Knight: spectre of torment, the 9.99 new game, not the collection for 24.99, my advice don't try to beat the Horace challenge, you will lose your freaking mind. Hahaha
    That game is evil.

You have to get up the tower before Horace catches you. This guy makes it look easy.

#271 what, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Joshfast likes this.
  12. runamok

runamok Member

I was a Nintendo Fan since 8-Bit, Super Nint, Gameboy, Cube, 64- and stopped at WII...... left it and watched at a distance and never purchased (Played Playstation) ..... I was always a fan and want them to do well, but lack of games couldn't convince me to buy one.

I was drooling at the new Zelda's reviews and couldn't feel to pay so much money for one game..... But to now know that Smash Brother's, Mario, Metroid are around the corner... and what his tipped me over the scales is ROCKET LEAGUE is coming to the switch... I play a ton of Rocket League... short 5 min matches get my fix... and now play it anywhere in my hands? It's on, I am sold, getting one in a few months. I hope they can port over other legit games and not 5 year old Skyrim stuff, and conintue to make solid Nintendo games like Zelda.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

played shovel knight on previous system.. and am not purchasing.

It's a great game... but I think you're point about the above is a general point about the gameplay of the game in general that I just want a break from, lol. Even when it doesn't frustrate you from being in an extra difficult part, it's still frustrating after a while.

14. MystikArkitect

Anyone getting Splatoon this weekend? Doing well on Metacritic.

Been running around Hyrule and getting my ass kicked in 200cc Mario Kart.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ZELDA.

Amir's Johnson likes this.
  16. what

what Member

I bought the switch for splatoon alone. I can't wait for this game to come out. So freaking pumped about it.

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Have you tried the Master Sword Trials? It adds a lot to the game. Fun, addicting, and incredibly frustrating.

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Yeah, I am. I'm eager to play the Salmon Run mode (like Gears of War horde mode). I played a decent amount during the Splatfest this past weekend and I really sucked. I'm hoping that diving in to the single player campaign will help.

I'm really hurting for games on the Switch. I've put 80 hours into BoTW and beat it, beat Snake Pass in roughly 8 hours, and only pick up Mario Kart for about 30 minutes every other week.

I need 3 things:
    1) some sale items in the shop
    2) more of the announced indie ports to arrive
    3) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY

19. what

what Member

Get Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment. You don't have to get the entire collection. Just that game. Also SuperBomer R looks really good. I like those games.
    I beat Shovel Knight and while it is hard at times, it is not too, too hard. Except the Horrace Mini-Game. I've beat it around 10 times, but I lose way more than I win, even after memorizing the pattern.

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

I already have Shovel Knight for 3DS and have beaten it. Yacht Club was nice enough to give owners Specter of Torment for free as an update. I haven't tried it out yet. It's on my long backlog of games.