1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I have to agree with my nicca Vivid here. I have only played it at a friends house but it looked to be a classic.

I also agree it would be hard for me to name 50 great games. I am very picky when it comes to games since I have played loads of them.

Chrono Trigger has to be one of my top all time games hands down. One of the best RPGs of its time and it aged well. Re4 is in my top 10 too. GTA 5 was great as well. Mario RPG is my number 1 though.

Vivid likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Secret of mana > Chrono trigger

I said it.

joesr likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude, I was you 3 weeks ago. I was like no way a WiiU title could have the technical complexity of a Witcher 3. I LOVED the Witcher 3. Played all the expansion packs. Blood and Wine was the t***. Played it maxed out on my 980 gtx also. Gorgeous game.

So my brother had a old WiiU laying around and I decided to borrow it. He hasn't touched it for over a year. I decided to give BotW a go. Why not? The reviews made it out to be a transcendent revolutionary game that is going to force the gaming industry to rethink how they make their games. No way a game that runs on a glorified Nvidia Tegra device can be THAT game changing.

Ya, then you play it. It's so hard to pin point why it makes me have this same feeling I had when I played OoT way back when I was a child. The crazy thing is that 'open world' has been done to death the past few years. It really has become a repetitive franchise. Most open world games end p being a giant map of check pints that you check off. This game is different. I just can't give too much away because of spoilers but I've never seen such freedom in how the game is played. There is so much variability in this game. The other reason why this game is so great is that Nintendo decided to not assume that their customers are idiots. The game doesn't walk you through everything. It's a very challenging game that doesn't TELL you what you have to do. You use the exellent map and game play design to figure **** out.

I think this video explains it amazingly.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Best game EVA! I've not been this engaged with a game for a long time and I'm one of those "if it ain't in 4k and 60 fps" master race pc people. This game came out of left field for me.

#244 fchowd0311, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, even the very wrong.

Secret of Mana was great tho.

Vivid likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Got my Switch a couple weeks ago...

Breath of the Wild truly is one of the best games ever. Amazingly, my kids even love it... and I wouldn't have pegged them for a big open world type game like that.

Game is simply amazing.

And yes, we've taken the switch with us to various places as a handheld. Pretty cool.

Joshfast likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Back in the day, I always WANTED Secret of Mana to be better. It appealed to me more. But it just never was. Chrono Trigger could never be beat.

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

over 100 hours in why did they have to make a game like this ....

Me in the morning after playing all night:

[​IMG]

Master Baiter, RudyTBag and kubli9 like this.
  9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

My wife want's to play that 1,2 switch game or whatever. I Wouldn't mind having a Switch for when I take plane rides and what not. Mobile gaming at this level would be pretty beast.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I've always enjoyed multiplayer games more. That's probably why 6 year old me loved secret of mana so much.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Pretty cool, zoomable map of the shrines and some other stuff... if you are looking for "help"
    http://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

I think Lego City Undercover came out and reviews are good. Not great enough to make it a must buy, but if you haven't played the previously released version apparently its a nice play. Mario Kart at the end of the month remains the big next prize.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

And at this moment I realized I have yet to scratch the surface on this game.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Since beating Zelda my life has lost all meaning. I mean, I still have shrines to get, but it's just not the same. God this game was amazing.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That sucks. I'm taking my sweet time in getting all of the shrines and doing as many side missions as I can before finishing the story.

kubli9 and RudyTBag like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

About to start playing this Zelda on WiiU tomorrow. It better be LEGIT.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. Anticope

Anticope Member

Would you guys recommend Zelda to someone who isn't that big of an RPG fan? I just stumbled upon a Switch that I got primarily for Mariokart but I feel like I'm gonna have a tough time waiting 3 weeks to even play my Switch...

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

So my girlfriend is obsessed with watching me play Zelda. Like she looked forward to the story as much if not more than I did. She really isn't a video game person in general, I mean she will play games like MarioKart but that's it. She likes puzzles and liked helping me solve them. If you're not super into RPGs, but like puzzles I think it's still an amazing game to get.

Anticope likes this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

They definitely help a lot. Don't wait too long though, I was sooooo over powered to face Ganon. It wasn't even close, I destroyed him in one go. Didn't even use a fairy or Mipha's grace. I had like 18 hearts (no bonus hearts) and the master sword, so really it wasn't bad.

19. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me too, I make sure to get all the korok seeds and beat all the shrines before I leave a region.

This game IS amazing, I'm gonna stretch it out for as long as I can so I can continue to have meaning in my life.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It DELIVERED. Balls OFF.

Joshfast likes this.