1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's 50 bucks. If it were free it would be great. But for premium pricing I want something more than a pupu platter of "Oh i get it" .

HeWhoIsLunchbox likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

**** this elephant guardian dude.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

It's a great party game. I had a few people over Friday and we loved it. When it was just my fiancée and I, it was just meh.

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any more reviews from you guys a couple weeks in? I'm pumped for my Zelda bundle arriving either tomorrow or Friday. :D

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, from what I've played at this point, pretty much this.

It's a particularly great "non-gamer" party game as everything is very straightforward. But it lacks any depth to make it a sustained, enjoyable 2-player experience.

Snipperclips, on the other hand, is just awesome.

Also, FWIW:
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...-disconnecting-joy-cons-with-conductive-foam/

...looks like Nintendo has acknowledged there's an issue with a "manufacturing variation in a small number of left Joy-Con, which has now been addressed at the factory level." If you have the issue, you can send it in for free (shipping included) and get it back in about a week. I haven't had issues with it so far, so I don't care that much.

On the other hand, my bent dock has been kinda annoying. It's not as bad as some others I've seen online, but I'm still trying to figure out if there's a good way to unbend it (wedging a book into it for 24 hours didn't work), or if I should get some sort of cover to prevent scratching the screen (maybe microfiber?).

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I love Breath of the Wild. I'm taking my sweet time with it. 45 hours in and I've only done 2 of the dungeons. I just enjoy exploring too much.

As for the console as a whole, it's good. I'm pretty desperate for another game, though. Nothing currently available on the eShop has really piqued my interest.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Vivid

Vivid Member

I've played all of the games you listed and really enjoyed all of them. I am not a Nintendo fanboy by any means (I own a PS Pro and Xbox S as well, and enjoy games on all of the systems) but not only would I put Zelda BOTW above the games mentioned, but personally I think it is already in my top 5. That's just my opinion, and maybe you've played Zelda on the Switch and it wasn't your cup of tea and that's totally cool. However, if you haven't, I would really recommend trying it out. I haven't had a game that really got to me like this since Last of Us.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If Switch has good 3rd party support I'm getting one. I played Zelda on my cousins Switch and it was fun. As I grow older I will find it increasingly difficult to game. The convenience of the Switch is very intriguing to me. I want to see Overwatch, NBA 2K, Madden on here. The full versions, not watered down versions.

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I can pretty much guarantee that Overwatch won't get a Switch version. 2K is a possibility and I think Madden is pretty much guaranteed.

Honestly, my main desire is big 1st party games and a bunch of indies. I know they've already announce a decent number of indie games coming out this year, but I'm always hungry for more. If Nintendo exclusives and indie games aren't your thing, there's very little reason to get a Switch in my opinion.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not a bad game at all, but top 5 of all time? I have a hard time putting it top 50, but some people really love Zelda so I understand. I have played them all, and I do enjoy them, but I am not on the GOAT bandwagon everyone else is. Nintendo is always good for a few excellent IP games every console release. I hope they get some more third-party support going forward, Skyrim is a nice addition.

Vivid likes this.
  13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Ocarina of time was the GOAT but it's now BOTW.

What a game. That is all.

Fullcourt likes this.
  14. Vivid

Vivid Member

I would have a hard time naming 50 great games, but it would be fun to try. Everyone has their personal taste but for me Chrono Trigger is my definitive top game ever. I still remember playing that as a little kid, it was awesome! After that I would put GTA 5, Last of Us, Uncharted 3, Zelda BOTW. To round out a top ten I would throw in GT 3 A-spec, MGS 4, Resident Evil 4, Mario 64, and Half Life 2. Honorable mentions to Super Smash Bros, Civ 4, and Halo 2. Wow, already got to about 13 and I'm sure there are others I've forgotten.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Morrowind > any zelda game.

But I am loving BOTW.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I miss BOTW. I haven't played in over a week due to being so tired from work.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Loving mine so far.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Zelda BotW is such a monumental moment in gaming history. The game is an era-defining f*cking masterpiece. It's feeling like 1998 in this b****.

Joshfast likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

+1... By a longshot...

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm loving Zelda and I love the "gadget" of the Switch. I have it docked and use a pro controller most of the time, but love being able to pick it up and play it in bed or wherever. It will also be great on flights.

Zelda is definitely the killer app.