1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game Thread: Texans vs 49ers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 9, 2017.

1. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

No worries. There’s plenty to take from this year. Some good, a whole lot of bad.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I know what you are doing here... but you know that's not what he meant. Only things I would take away from this season is terrible Oline, and bad DB play. DB play is helped a lot with getting Watt and Mercy back. But they need to address it in FA or draft. Oline play is helped with Watson back, but also needs to be addressed. I moved on from this season after Watson went down. We played a game with Hopkins as our only receiver.. Effing Andre Ellington had to play slot, this year has been comically bad injury wise.

craigharmann likes this.
  3. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Point is that the line and secondary were KNOWN issues before the season started. The injuries just highlight the lack of quality depth at pretty much every position and Rick Smith’s inability to identify and draft players in the mid to late rounds of the draft, along with free agents, to bring the needed depth. Injuries happen. It’s football. You have to prepare for it. Rick hasn’t.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Im not a football expert, but I didnt see our secondary as being that bad before the season. I thought KJohnson was better, just injured, and we had a good D last year. #1 in fact, so I thought it would at least remain OK.

5. theimpossibles1

New nickname for the Watson/Hopkins combo.

WATKINS.

Sexy.

red5rocket and craigharmann like this.
  6. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Subconciously, that’s exactly what I did!!!

red5rocket and theimpossibles1 like this.