1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Though season five has come to an end production for season six is about to begin and two new bits of interesting info have hit the web.

First some potential Jon Snow news via io9.com
    (spoilered for obvious reasons)
    Link:
    http://io9.com/one-major-game-of-thrones-character-may-not-be-as-dead-1712452372

And next some even more interesting news via some potential casting descriptions that have gone out...

Link: (spoilered due to length)
    http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

Qhogo and Akrat: They’re seeking mixed ethnicity or other non-white actors for the roles. The successful young warriors need to be tall, confident, with swagger and linguistic bravado. It’s noted that the actors will have to speak in a fictional language. I think it’s safe to say that these are Dothraki.

Bower: He is a powerless servant, numb to the horror he serves. He’s filming around one of the days that below “outlaw band” members are so he may be connected to them. He is required to have a Northern or Midland English accent and appears in one episode.

Lachlan: He’s the big leader of a group of renegades who have turned on the land that they swore to protect. They’re now extorting the poor and vulnerable. He appears in 2 episodes in season 6.

Flynn: He’s part of an outlaw band. The group is using religion to justify terrorizing and extorting what they need from the people of the countryside. He appears in 2 episodes in season 6. He appears to be part of Lachlan’s band.

Japeth: Another member of the outlaw band is this lieutenant. He’s a “rough-and-ready type” with a strong physical presence, also appearing two episodes.

Legendary Fighter: A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a hugely famous sword on his back. The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn’t specified, unlike many other roles.

Lord of Noble Northern House: (Casting age anywhere between 25-50) The lord is a savage warrior, and he rules a distinguished house in the very far North, and the role is said to be an impactful one. He’s described as a massive bear of a man with a beard and temper to match, and hatred that run deep, and he can be violent. The show’s looking for someone with a powerful physique who can tower over other cast members, a Northern English Accent and specifies he has to be at least 180 cm tall. The role will be on 2 episodes.

Lord of Northern Stronghold: The show’s looking for an actor in his late thirties or forties to play another lord, one that’s ruthless and calculating. The frightening lord rules a vassal household with a castle stronghold. He’ll be in 3 episodes this year, with 20 days of filming this summer and fall.

Hunter: He’s a rough army officer on the hunt appearing in an action scene with main cast, in one episode.

Submissive Maester: The show’s casting a maester in his twenties- a timid young maester. He’s decent but has trouble standing up to others. He appears in one episode in season 6.

Green Recruit: A young man with one line and one day of filming in August.

Sympathiser 1, 2 & 3: These are rough military types, with a day of filming.

Housemaid: She’s the motherly nanny (with a tight whip) to a large household.
    The show wants an actress between the ages of 45-65 with a Northern English Accent. She’ll be in 2 episodes.

Father: He’s tough and old, an alpha male patriarch. The show is looking for a man with a Northern English Accent. He appears in one episode and has 2 lines.

Could that "Legendary Fighter" be The Sword of the Morning aka Ser Arthur Dayne who carried his famous sword known as Dawn slung across his back.

With this potential casting news one has to wonder if the show is fixing to venture into flashback/prequel territory and given this show's use of big episodes and big moments could we see some of Robert's Rebellion and more importantly The Showdown at the Tower of Joy which led to the last moments and words of Lyanna Stark as she said, "Promise me, Ned" to her brother Eddard that has been much speculated about by both book readers and Tv show watchers alike.

#1 rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thank you, and thanks for this show

3. Faust

Faust Member

arthur dane the sword in the morning is still alive and so will jon snow when raised from the dead

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I hope Osha returns.

5. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Is this the show thread or the book thread? The OP seems to be referencing the books. Also, the last few pages of the Season 5 show thread was ridiculous with book readers talking theories when there is a perfectly good book thread available.

6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Don't think there can/should be a book thread for season 6, as the show is caught up with the books, right?

7. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

This thread was intended to discuss the Tv show and really what is the point of having two threads now as the show and the books are at the same point. That said to discuss the character and the moment I highlighted you have to discuss the history of the books as they are prequel to both the books and the show. There is no getting around that.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

As of right now, there absolutely should still be separate threads. Somewhere along season 6, the threads storylines should converge.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've thought all along flashback sequences to the various events surrounding Roberts Rebellion would be a great idea. Show watchers have been slowly given an outline of the events, but seeing all of the major events over the course of the season could really bring everything together leading up to what we think will happen at the end of this season.

Honestly a full season worth of episodes dedicated just to those events would be good. The mad king, the love triangle, the mass execution of nobles, it really is a spectacular story that has barely been touched upon.

Unfortunately i don't the show runners will think show watchers will be happy with a whole lot of plot exposition at this point.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The books and the show will start splitting off into different story lines. Also, the next book may be released before the next season.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You can also list that there was a casting call likely for a major Greyjoy character. Let's hope the Iron Islands survive the move to the screen better than did Dorne.

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I hope Season 6 is better than that landfill of a Season 5.

13. Isabel

Isabel Member

The casting call for the Iron Islands was a "Pirate" role, probably Euron. Though Victarion would be a great character to see onscreen. They might combine characters.

Not so sure anything in the show is guaranteed to be the same as the books anymore. They might not converge again. I do think he is trying to get the next book out before next season of the show. Aside from Iron Island stuff and whatever is substituting for the Quentyn Martell story, the show has covered all the book territory by now, and has added some storylines of its own.

14. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

These supposed "show" threads always devolve into book readers comparing the book to the show. Then dropping names of characters who have not appeared on the show yet. Just no regard for human decency. Supposedly the show has caught up with the books, but some show watchers are only focused on discussing the show itself. The books mean nothing. Any references to the book should be in the book thread. Think of the children you White Walkers.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I made it through season 1, episode 8.

Great series. I like. Dramatic endings are very good.

First thought is all of these blonde people are assholes, but they haven't really done anything too bad yet. They threw a boy out a window. They are sleeping with each other. But that's about it. Seems like all of the kingdoms are powerful, but too weak to defend themselves for this upcoming winter.

I might have missed it, but I don't yet know why the dwarf went to the wall with Jon. He's wealthy, so why go to a crappy place? I am guessing he wants to build them into his own army secretly. But not sure. He is a great character so far and carrying the series.

I liked the banter between the intellects/spies and I am not yet sure what their long term agenda is as they both seem to do whatever.

It seems like when the 10 year old is sucking on his mom's nipple, that would be some kind of legal infraction for child actors? Right? But great scene.

Winter is closing in and looking forward to the mystery on the other side of the ice wall.

Good show. Will continue onward and rooting for all non blonde peoples at this people and the dwarf.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Now all of you show watchers can jump in the book reader thread and drop spoilers about what they haven't read yet.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If he wants to make money, he would get it out before next season. This is the height of ASOIF height. Everyone who watches the show will buy the book just to see what happens to Jon.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I like these Thrones' History/Lore pieces from the Blu Ray and DVD ****.

[youtube]kPI_xA1SoRg[/youtube]

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If there is a legitimate possibility that the book will come out before next season, there definitely needs to be a separate thread. Even if he doesn't finish in time, I fully expect more leaked chapters.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Season 5 was the first to deviate from the books, and it was a disaster. Not very encouraging.