1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Figured I'd just start the new thread for next season......

Why 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Could Be Delayed

by Tom Huddleston, Jr. @tjhuddle JULY 7, 2016, 2:47 PM EDT

Blame sunny weather.

As if Game of Thrones fans weren’t already on the edge of their seats waiting for the next season premiere, the creators of the HBO series say they may have to wait a little longer.

Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss hinted at a delayed start to the seventh season this week while appearing on the UFC Unfiltered podcast (first reported by the New York Post). Amid a discussion of the writer-producers’ Ultimate Fighting Championship fandom, Benioff and Weiss were asked when fans can expect Game of Thrones‘s next-to-last season to debut on HBO. While previous seasons have premiered on the premium cable network during the month of April, Benioff and Weiss said the next season could actually be delayed.

The culprit? Good weather.

There is no firm premiere date yet, but the showrunners said it will “probably be a little later” because filming for the upcoming season will require more “grim,” cold weather, After all, the show’s longtime tagline has been “Winter is coming” and that long-promised colder weather had to show up onscreen at some point.

“We’re starting a little bit later, because at the end of this season, you know, ‘Winter is here,'” Benioff said on the podcast. “And, that means that sunny weather doesn’t really serve our purposes anymore, so we kind of pushed everything down the line so we could get some grim, grey weather, even in the sunnier places where we shoot.” Some of the series’ locales include Mediterranean settings such as Croatia, Morocco, and Spain.

Fortune reached out to HBO for a response to the comments from Benioff and Weiss. Network spokesman Jeff Cusson responded in an email that it is “too early to speculate” on when the seventh season of Game of Thrones will premiere.

Game of Thrones‘ explosive sixth season set ratings records for an already hugely popular cable series, and the show set a personal record with its season finale, for which 8.9 million people tuned in live or later the day it aired.

There had been some concern among Game of Thrones fans that the recent Brexit could affect filming in Northern Ireland, but HBO said last month that the U.K.’s decision to leave the European Union would not hurt the show. HBO has renewed the program for next season, and the network is also widely expected to sign on for an eighth, and final, season (which Benioff and Weiss have also recently teased).

Meanwhile, in the UFC podcast released on Wednesday, Benioff and Weiss also did not rule out the possibility of an eventual prequel series that would be set before the events of the current Game of Thrones

http://fortune.com/2016/07/07/game-of-thrones-season-7-delay/

1 person likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn, I'm more than halfway thru season 5. Better catch up and finish up season 6. But I'd hate that long wait for season 7.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Is it wrong to want global warming to have an accelerator so we can have "grim, grey weather"?

I keed, I keed, but HBO better hop on those extra dark cloudy stretches and put out this gawdam season.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I saw an article suggesting they should shoot some of it in Canada instead of waiting for the weather to move in....

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Bonus points that Canada is super cheap to film in. All the CW super shows are filmed there and they moved Supergirl from wherever to Canada for the cheaper costs too.

Spain was mainly for the Dornish scenes, so probably or even hopefully not much of those left. Maybe just as a landing spot for Dany.

1 person likes this.
  6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Can't wait. Too bad only 13 hours left.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So...

Will the White Walkers really be the ultimate bad guy to end the show (probably will be in the books) or will the show flip it and make the White Walkers the penultimate and then make the final battle for the throne the "Ultimate Battle?"

I just think audiences care more about the final struggle between Stark/Lannister than they really do about the White Walkers.

8. 713

713 Member

This show has always been about t*** and dragons as #1 Priority. The best bet is season 7 will be about the power struggles between the north and Kings Landing and then they let the hype/budget build for the White Walkers/Dragons in season 8.

9. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pjue5j1JRaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I know comments have been made regarding that but until it's really confirmed I guess there is still the hope they make the seasons normal length.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I believe it has been confirmed. S7 is definitely going to be 7 episodes.

Though I guess it's possible S8 could be more than 6

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Anyone read the last book and can tell us what happens?

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

advanced, unwritten copies available on the outranets

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Ah thanks. Certainly looks like breaking bad scenario then.

15. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5tuNsMZQbqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. val_modus

val_modus Member

WOW, REALLY??? No spoiler tags?! Inb4 the ban.

17. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Sad it's almost over.

18. 713

713 Member

Shift Alt X is all speculation and theories from the TV show and books. In this specific video He's not spoiling anything we don't know already. He's just some guy on youtube that breaks everything down for us normies.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

What did you expect from a video titled "what do the visions mean"?

Also if you watched the whole video it is you own mistake since I build up to more advanced theories.

I see no fault in posting this video.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member