1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sure I get that’s the story.

But the last episode really made you think about the actual people of this kingdom. They talked about it the episode prior to - the millions of people in the kingdom(s). So fair enough... if I’m thinking about the people, the whole thing is moronic. As far as I can tell the Lannister’s were ruling the kingdom just fine.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Where did the dothraki come from?

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess I am an outlier and maybe too influenced by Ozzy Man, but in rewatching episode 5, I like it more and more. Varys got "dumb" because he was desperate and running out of time. And Clark did an unusually good job with her scenes in that episode. It was clear that Jon Snow (who wouldn't give her the D, correct) was kind of afraid of her. Everyone was getting to the point of fearing her, and so fear it would be. Horrifying.

I really liked the goodbye moment between Varys and Tyrion. Call me a sap.
    I really liked the ending of the incestuous Lannisters being buried alive. I thought it worked, including her fear and her expiring, bleeding brother, with one live hand, trying to hold and comfort her.

mikol13, GRENDEL and daywalker02 like this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

In the last episode when they were outside the kingdom with Snow leading them, you hardly saw 100 or so soldiers. Now theres magically 5k lmao. How the **** can anyone say the writing hasnt gone to **** is a fkin homer.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One theory is the Star Bucks cup - some sort of Aladdin's lamp.

[​IMG]

justtxyank and B-Bob like this.
  6. B-Bob

7. MystikArkitect

She came into power with rapists and pillagers and was able to get them to....stop raping. She did away with the fighting pits. She allowed peace to be brokered with the slave traders and burned them to high hell when they came back and bombarded. She gave the Tarlys a chance to kneel or burn.

There was people literally kneeling and now all of the sudden she’s nuts? Did she take some of that blue flower stuff from Batman Begins all of the sudden?

No one is bothered by her doing this at all, or Jamie leaving Brienne, or even Arya killing the NK. It’s how thrown together and cheap it all is. It’s not believable. We hated seeing Robb die but we get why he did. Same with Ned. And Oberyn. The deaths weren’t pleasant but they made sense.

None of this made sense. They can spare everyone explanations about when Dany showed signs or whatever. No ones buying it because they shouldn’t. It’s rushed, frivolous, amateur garbage beneath a show that gave us some of the best exchanges on television.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, she is a female after all.... want to snuggle up like a cat, and then show you her claws.

Her claws are like half a mile long.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The thing with Varys is that it doesn't make sense how open he was to others that he was moving. He had no reason to tell Tyrion he was going to betray Dany and then he had no reason to be that open with Jon Snow.

That's what's not like Varys.

But who cares at this point. The season is almost over, we need to get to the point where we kill off all of the people who need to die before we run out of time. Characters aren't really important.

Brienne crying like a little girl over her boyfriend was outrageous as well and an affront to her character. But hey, it was cool fanservice to have Jamie pop her cherry and turn her into a sobbing mistress.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think Jon was afraid of her. Just has incest hang-ups like rest of us (well, most of the rest of us, I guess, can't speak for everybody) do. He didn't grow up a Targaryen, a family where sisters marrying brothers is commonplace.

mikol13, Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  11. B-Bob

The Spider could always play the long game. That was his way. It's like UVA basketball. But now he was behind by 20 points in the last five minutes of the game. Literally, he knew what was coming, with thousands of innocents to be lit up, so he took incredibly risky moves, put all his chips in.

I don't know. To me there are absolutely ridiculous things every season, but I'm not going to defend the show. It just makes me sad that some are so ANGRY! about it. Like... let's take a break from being angry all day about life and America and politics and traffic to we can come home, open a beer.... and be angry about the Rockets and angry about a TV show about dragons and swords. Okay. I mean, I get the disappointment, especially with characters we all love, but it just seems very sad in the end.

Wooderson and mikol13 like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dany is very similar to Joffrey.

Whenever she doesn’t get her way: “But, but, but I am the Queen of Dragons!!!”

Joffrey: “But, but, but I am King!!!”

Not a true King If you have to say you are one. Thank you Tywin... <3

Wooderson, dmoneybangbang and GRENDEL like this.
  13. justtxyank

He could get desperate and try to poison her like he did without telling Tyrion. Telling Tyrion didn't do anything. He didn't ask him to help. He just said he hoped Tyrion would make the right decision when the time was right. His plan was to tell everyone about Jon and then poison Dany. Then he went and told people he was betraying Dany. It was dumb.

I'm not angry. I enjoy the show and I like the overall direction the story is closing with. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. When I discuss it here I'm discuss with people who are watching as closely as me for nuance That's all.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. B-Bob

Wasn't Tywin great? Probably best he never had to see this season.

JuanValdez and RudyTBag like this.
  15. B-Bob

I didn't mean you, but some recent posts in this thread, (and via friends on FB, etc.) it's like dragon-scortched earth and anyone who doesn't hate the show is an idiot or whatever. Glad you're still getting something out of it! I think it has some minor victories with really good acting in most scenes still.

On Varys, the poisoning wasn't working. I still think he was out of options. Okay, I agree Tyrion couldn't really help him, but he thought there was a chance that Snow could. That was like his last shot hail mary.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jon is a compassionate man, I think it's both, he is not afraid of her, just afraid what she is doing to the people he came to luv.

He is a people's person, she just mad. (His accent makes him even more low key IMO. Fantastic.)

Incest, even if she is the second hottest after Missandei or the Red Witch (some say Sansa), and her insatiable lust for revenge, both are huge buzzkills/turnoffs......

#1836 daywalker02, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  17. justtxyank

Yeah the acting is still really strong for the most part. I actually think we go the best Emilia Clarke we've seen other than...well...

He told Tyrion he was going to betray her as SOON as he found out about Jon Snow lol. It was the same scene. He sighs about it all, decides Snow is better and tells Tyrion he's going to betray her and hopes he will too. It was just dumb and not Varys like. Another issue is up to that point, why did Varys even have reason to WANT to betray her? Don't use the "well look what she did" thing. From what Varys had seen alone, there was no reason for him to think she was psycho.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My favorite. The show misses him greatly...

justtxyank likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Even with the hail mary, it didn't make sense for Tyrion or Jon to "turn him in".

Every character has done crap-tons of stuff out of character. That's the core of the problem with this season.

The secondary problem is all the crazy non-possible happenings. All the main characters leading the fight against the white walkers to come out perfectly fine. Except for a few B/C+ character deaths. The Dothraki and Unsullied having magical respawning. Euron being amazing and able to kill a dragon easily, to not being able to come close. Jaime having been stabbed through both sides with a sword as long as his torso, but basically being ok enough to continue his trek. And speaking of his trek, there was a secret way into the red keep this whole time?? Lol, that might have been useful knowledge. What about Bran's uselessness? I guess Arya's story, even though still crazy that she escape bodily injury always, much less death, makes the most sense.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]