1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean i guess its pretty hard to truly differentiate. i forgot what the total #'s were for the unsullied/dothraki but they were pretty big. even if lets say a few hundred were left, it would still look like a lot when being portrayed on tv.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least Euron is out of commission so to speak....never liked him.

Oh really? I am the man who killed Jaime Lannister........no fk was given and it was not true.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Final sexposition scene of the series.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Looking forward to the last episode where half the Golden Company is still alive and they will all be riding elephants.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Why. The. Hell. Would. You. Not. Have. War. Elephants. In. The. Ultimate. Battle?

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Was looking at some guitar gear and stumbled on the “dracarys” high gain distortion pedal

EA095153-F817-47C2-B01F-B8AEA3C4B15A.jpeg

BigM likes this.
  7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think IGN's review of the last episode hits it perfectly in how I feel about it and the whole season. It's GOT, so I'm loving and enjoying it, but am disappointed nonetheless. The series has set such a high bar over the years, that maybe it proved impossible for the final season to match expectations. Then again, you see how Infinity War and Endgame accomplished that pretty flawlessly and that argument becomes a bit weak.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/14/game-of-thrones-s8-ep-5-review

What I've missed most is the finer moments, the conversations, which help to fill in the gaps from point A and B. Yes, it is completely plausible that Dany would go scorched earth on King's Landing, but it would have been nice to get a better sense of her mental state leading up to that decision. Sure, we get a few nuggets here and there, but no meaningful dialogue with her closest confidants after Jorah's death, Missandei, her dragons. We can see her being alienated a bit, a few words spoken to Jon, but nothing truly substantial like we'd see in previous seasons. We have Tyrion betray Varys, someone who became a good friend and someone who saved his life in King's Landing. That wasn't an easy decision I'm sure, and I would have liked to have seen it play out for him. You have Tyrion asking Daavos for a favor, and you just have to assume he helped Jamie escape, but the how is missing. Jon exposes his secret lineage to Arya and Sansa, but we don't get their reactions. We have next to no dialogue from Cersei the entire season so far. Tyrion pulls a chair up to Bran, wanting him to divulge his story of becoming the 3-eyed raven, but we never hear what would have been a truly awesome conversation. Then again, it's Bran, so it probably would have been one-sided.

It's those little things though, those quieter moments that lead to the big reveals, dramatic scenes and action pieces, that we're missing. And that makes this season good, but not quite the incredible ending it should be.

jo mama, astros123 and BigM like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

^^^^ Well, there isn't time for all this before finishing the whole story. So, we got characters "teleporting" both physically an mentally from place to place much more than we did in earlier seasons.

One minor (and, I think, amusing) symptom of the time crunch is poor Harry Strickland, leader of the Golden Company. Introduced and killed off within, what, 5 minutes of screen time?

arkoe likes this.
  9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Eff it, Im team dragon queen. I think 75% of Clutchfans would do the same dam thing given absolute power. She MUST pull the root and all. She helped save the whole dam world, literally lost 2 children and you have Varys biytch ass trying to poison you in your own home. Who the eff would you trust??

10. Invisible Fan

They spent all the monies on the zombie polar bear and zombie wunwun

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They spent all the cgi budget on the same shot of Drogon burning down Kings Landing for 30 minutes. It got so repetitive and pointless. There was no plot progression for a solid 30 minutes of the second to last episode of Game of Thrones. So dumb especially considering the fact that they already are squeezing so much content into a trunkated final season.

I got the message Kings Landing is being burned down on the 10th out of 30th shot of Drogon firebombong Kings Landing. Why? Who thought that was good idea. It's the second to God damn last episode of GoT and I legitimately got bored for a while. Amazing accomplishment.

astros123 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

I liked the special effects. It showed Dany wanted to **** over da people who ****ed her family over.

I can't marry cuz of incest laws? SAYS WHO?? SAY THAT TO MY DRAGON'S FACE

I'm also going to miss the series.

It's not the sendoff I wanted but meh. Not much more to complain about :(

13. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I like it!

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cersie was right in wanting them.

But budget? I would have been ok with no ghost if we got CGI budget for elephants. I feel like this was an arguement the producers had.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They make the Golden Company leader look like such a twat. This season has been so crappy with characters.. Euron and Harry Strickland are just jock caricatures.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Waiting for a fire sale.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if the last two season got shortened because the showrunners wanted to spend more money on the costly spectacular battles. Having fewer episode would mean fewer $ going to the actors (whose salary, I think, is on a per episode basis) and more for CGI.

Compare the battle scenes from the earlier seasons to season 8... you can see where the money is going.

https://www.vulture.com/article/game-of-thrones-battles-ranked.html

18. Buck Turgidson

Zombie polar bear and zombie giant were awesome. Funny how NK only had 1 of each though.

justtxyank, BMoney and dachuda86 like this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Seriously though, Night King and his team winning and everyone else dying would have been a far better ending and worthy of Games of Throne story telling/twist.

This last season has cheapened and destroyed the show for everything that made it awesome and unique.

This show is a tragedy and I dont mean the story-telling.