1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

jon snow just murdered sam and bran with that reveal to daenerys.

the arya sex seen freaked me out b/c i thought that actress was only like 16 or 17. glad to know she was 21 when they filmed that!

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm so girded against disappointment by now I cannot imagine being upset at anything that happens.

Like, they're all already dead in my eyes. Anyone living at this point is a bonus.

daywalker02 and B-Bob like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I said to myself, "oh, they're not gonna have her get nude on camera, right?"

Wrong. That wasn't even a body double.

It is definitely a strange feeling to see someone whom you first met as a child (she was what, 14 when they started filming?) end up buck naked.

But hey, everybody grows up. It was on-brand for the show for sure.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He has never taken over dead animal or people before

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He took over Hodor more than once. And I recall Meera encouraging/ordering him to the first time, and her warg brother being surprised at the feat. I'm not expecting warging of any humans in the battle (but maybe a later episode??), and warging the dead dragon would just piss me off.

Just wondering what people think he might do? Is he just going to sit there next episode as bait, or will he Warg into something to actually help, if for nothing else than recon to locate the dead dragon or Night King?

anyhoot: just a side question of mine.

6. Carl Herrera

I mean "dead animals or dead people." As for Warging candidates... maybe Ghost? Isn't Nymiria still out there somewhere?

Also,

1) All the talk about how the crypts are the safest place for the women and children make me worried for everyone down there.

2) Is the Night King at Winterfell? We don't see him in the final shot with the othee White Walkers on horses. (Why aren't the White Walkers walking? You are the White Walkers, not the White Riders.)

3) Will there be an outside force to save the day or at least help a little bit when things get inevitably dire? Melisandre is still out there. Bronn?

#446 Carl Herrera, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nerd talk time

It's not telekinesis because he isn't just controlling their body with his mind, he is taking them over. It's an extreme form of telepathy. Telekinesis would allow him to move their body but he wouldn't see through their eyes, think as them, etc.

dobro1229 likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Same, but I'm not sure how they would justify some dusty old skeleton pushing a thousand pound slab of crypt lid off when a whole herd of them couldn't move Hodor out of the way.

heypartner likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Banter is the best part of the show. I am worried that all the fighting in episode 3 would leave us with insufficient banter.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They did pull a dragon out of the water though

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's also dumb. If the battle goes badly you can't get anyone out of the crypts to retreat. They are truly treating it as a last stand at Winterfell. Either win or everyone dies.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think they are treating it like a "welp, if we lose, our only hope is hiding" situation.

Not entirely bad. Evacuating has its own problems (especially given its women/children in the middle of the winter). If the crypts are a relatively hidden place, it may be their best chance.

I'd just say eff it and go to Essos at this point.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. cebu

cebu Member

Hodor

14. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Not sure why I didn't notice at the time...I thought the whites couldn't swim? How did they hook up to the dragon to pull it out?

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe the guys who went down there to apply the hooks did so as a suicide-mission?

RockFanFirst and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]
    I mean, what else? I actually think he will have some sort of surprise for the Night King when the NK comes for him.

18. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    No matter how many Westerosi knights, fire-breathing dragons, or skilled fighters there are at Winterfell swinging Valyrian steel swords or brandishing dragonglass weapons, it will not be possible to repel the army of the dead without magic. The dead's sheer numbers are overwhelming. So as we wait for the huge battle, I look to two things to give the army of the living a chance. Both of these items are linked to people with knowledge - Bran and Sam.

1. Horn of Winter (a.k.a. Horn of Joramun) - held by Sam Tarley, given to him by Jon Snow after Ghost found it buried with dragonglass North of the Wall. Two signs from Episode 2 may point to this Horn coming into play: Ghost just returned to Winterfell and there was a very important dialogue where Sam was trying to persuade others to let him fight. This Horn has magical powers that *may* be capable of defeating the White Walkers.

2. Children of the Forest - Are there missing/surviving Children of the Forest who will return to use magic to repel the army of the dead? Bran holds the key here given the Three Eyed Raven's connection to the Children of the Forest. As we know, the Children of the Forest created the Night King so they know the most about him. Again, magic will be required here, and well as knowledge of how to use it effectively against the Night King.

GOOD DAY

20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

It's not that hard folks - Put Bran on a Dragon, fly him back over the wall, white walkers follow, patch up the wall, next