1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Id wager he does. He knew the beehive he was riding into.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

and now in addition, he has bron out searching for him. I don't know man, not looking good for him haha

3. cebu

cebu Member

looks like to me that the great battle coming is between team Jon and Danaery. She's not the type who would step down. My guess is they'll have a son and they die both. :D.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Emilia Clark is just a shitty actress. She has completely ruined the character. If you read some of the stories, Clark has blamed her poor acting skills on her health.

Her book character was much more fascinating.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I really don't care about her book character.

And some of it is definitely her acting, but it's not ALL her acting. They write her into bad situations. I mean other than freeing the slaves, they consistently write her as a borderline heel. It's still baffling why anyone who doesn't want to sleep with her would be swooning over her as queen. Like Tyrion's affection for her is just bizarre to me. She has done nothing to warrant his loyalty other than have dragons and not be his sister. Oh and I guess actually listen to him without treating him like trash.

Even in this last episode, they wrote her to act like an entitled brat...again. The way she basically threatened Jon that she would have to deal with Sansa if she won't bend the knee...it's just, why would anyone root for her?

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

News flash, 10% of viewers read the books so 90% don't give a **** about the books. I think she's fine.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Started watching GOT at 8. Recorded the game. Stared watching the recording of the game at 9. Caught up to cheering real time well before the half.

I agree the Mother of Dragon's bend the knee is getting old.

I'm #teamarya but that would be like a 16 seed winning march madness. Not a chance.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, she is a Targaryen. Daughter of Mad King and descending from a long line of incest babies. Like European royalties of old (and GRRM definitely studied and made use of history to create this world ) she isn't the most mentally stable human being. People follow her because... the whole bloodline = legitimacy thing they got going and the fact that most alternatives are even worse?

One of the point that GRRM keeps making in this story is that all the nostalgic in fictions about the medieval world is mostly BS. So Dany not being that great a ruler is kind of consistent with this world view

heypartner likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would not be so certain that they will battle. They teased tension between Arya and Sansa all season 7 and it never came to a fight.

And Jon still doesn't look like he wants the throne, legitimacy be damned. I do wonder how the Starks and the rest of the North folks would feel about him being Aegon Targaryen, though.

cebu likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

I like the idea that "Ginger Eddie" who had his face burned off and now has no eyelids is Ed Sheeran's character.

Also, Mac from Always Sunny was 1 of the guards killed during Yara's rescue.

#230 Buck Turgidson, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    VooDooPope, GRENDEL and Ziggy like this.
  11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find it hard to believe that Bronn is gonna submit to Cersei and go all Pat Garrett on Jamie and Tyrion. Bronn has loyalty and will stay loyal. Giving him that crossbow was just a way for the showrunners to send him north to fight the dead. I don't expect anything major to come of it other than mf'n Bronn slaying the dead. Good first ep.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. justtxyank

Except people in the show aren't following her because of her bloodline=legitimacy thing except for maybe Varys. The rest of them are supposedly loyal to her because she has proven that she would be the amazing queen. And the slaves, totally get why they would feel that way. She freed them. But her alleged appeal to Westeros should be that she would be a great queen. They haven't demonstrated that. Tyrion supposedly follows her because she's the perfect queen or some nonsense. What has he seen from her to feel that way?

She has dragons and she conquers. She has no problem killing people. She's vindictive AF against people in power, particularly ones who abuse women or slaves. But what has she done to rule anyone effectively on the show?

Even her "whatever they want" comment to Sansa about what the dragons will eat is just b****y. I'm just saying she's a poorly written character. She has no sense of what it would take to build any alliances. She's used sex and dragons to get everything she's wanted, which is fine, but not the traits of someone that people who aren't getting any are supposed to just love about her.

It's all just my opinion I'm just saying that as a viewer I don't find her very likeable and I'm at a loss for why other characters on the show would hold her in high regard. Seems like if I were one of those characters I might bend the knee too, but assuming I'm not one that she's bedding, it would simply be because I can't compete with dragons and not because I actually give a hoot about her being a good queen. If anything I'd be working with like minded folks to kill her and her dragons when they are sleeping since she's kind of inept without them and we'd be better off with Sansa as queen. At least she's worried about what people will eat.

Eh. The books by GRRM and the show are totally different entities. My understanding is that book readers will say that the Dany character is really well written and her book character makes sense as a good leader.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Crush confirmed! :D

justtxyank likes this.
  14. justtxyank

LOL

Let me go on the record with the take that I don't find her attractive at this point either haha. In real life for sure, but on the show she looks really weird to me. That wig bothers me a lot.

But still...

Entropy likes this.
  15. B-Bob

And look, those of you whinging about the slow white walkers: think about a miserable life for most of them, north of the wall, and then bloody death, north of the wall, and then they finally get to Westeros proper, and you don't want to allow them time for some sight-seeing? Sheesh.

16. justtxyank

@B-Bob to help make my Dany point:

Let's pretend that they are going to play off of the new tenson and it turns into team Jon Targ-Stark v team Dany's horde.

Is anyone going to really root for Dany to win that struggle? Other than hoping Tyrion and Varys switch sides because their cool AF, the rest of them can be dead for all I care.

I think the only "root for Dany" moments on the show have been the equivalent of "ownage." She gets to make a mean face and burn someone, get revenge, etc. No reason to really like her just like seeing people get what they deserve.

17. B-Bob

I'm hair to halp you embrace your fan destiny.
    [​IMG]

justtxyank and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Huh, I'm the opposite: blond fake her is hot, brunette real life her not so much.

BigM likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Agreed. Emilia Clarke is ok, but I’d bend the knee to Dany. I dig the wig.

20. MystikArkitect

Pretty sure explosives w dragon glass shrapnel or wildfire could take out hundreds or thousands.

daywalker02 and donkeypunch like this.