1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

tywin is under-rated.... but too family obsessed to be a good king sometimes... and who would follow? Tyrion?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Bronn is a great man... when you pay him enough.

mikol13 and Rocket River like this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

So they send Jon back to the wall to watch for what again?

AstrosRockets1818 and dachuda86 like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Damn shame... at least the elephants didn't have to endure becoming kebab.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dunno... likely will sleep with a bunch of wildlings and have kids despite being told not to.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He needs to study the weather patterns up north. Not much knowledge of meteorology in their world.

Invisible Fan, justtxyank and B-Bob like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the Queen of the North and the King of Westeros couldn't give two ***** where Jon deserts. I think the ending showed very clearly that he was leaving the wall and the south behind for good.

The Starks basically royal flushed the actual game of thrones. A Stark is queen of the North. A Stark is King of the 6 Kingdoms. A Stark is King of Da Real North and a Stark is going to discover North America.

8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Wrong. Hes on a mission to club baby seals for their fat and create soap. Hygiene is at a low in the capital still and have you ever tried to wash ash and soot off your body with just water?

10. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thought of rewrite ideas while driving to work.

The long night:
    You have more scenes w/ Sansa talking to Dany about their goals. Sansa for independence and keeping what's around her real. Dany for her visions of breaking the wheel and doing her family line right. The fact that Dany moved North sways Sansa or at least brought her to the table. Jon plays mediator as usual.

Not sure how to fix the nk mess. Maybe add dialogue or a new flash sequence between him and Bran, like right before nk plunges his knife into Bran, Bran wargs in him out of desperation and because the reception is clearer (bsxposition). Doesn't matter what happens here, except some concrete resolution for the audience to see rather than some BS coming out of weird Bran's mouth. Y your jimmies so rustled NK???

You could still have Arya plunging it into him. After the first successful thrust from leaping, the NK shakes his head. Second thrust through drop knife, where the original dragon glass knife impaled into the dude's heart (vampire zombie rules...)

As for the LoL witch Melisandre. She dies saving Jon Snow when the dragon fight crashes him in the middle of zombies. Just like Uncle Ben coming out of nowhere, she does the same thing. Starts chanting something wicked and makes a ring of fire around them. For some reason the fire makes the zombies swarm into it like flies. When the embers of the Ring of Fire burn down, you see the old hag say something prophetic or apologetic (I was wrong about many things, but not this...)while she hands him her burnt up Ruby choker. All that's left is the ruby that he keeps.​

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There were multiple times in the first 15 minutes where I honestly wasn't sure if my tv was broken or paused randomly.

Obviously, this was deliberate on their part, but it was a horrible choice. And the fact that I am nitpicking as far into a show as cinematographic choices and pacing speaks to how poorly almost every choice was made this year.

They shorten the season to 6 episodes, but give us extra long episodes, only to have half minute pauses and stares.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen a meme or the like yet that is Tyrion walking through the city in the beginning.

WHY THE F WAS EVERYONE WALKING SO SLOWLY! And there was no sound. You want no dialogue? Fine. Go outside. There's sound.

I knew I was in for a ****-show 2 minutes in.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

I just fast forwarded to all these montages. Waste of time.

I binged the first 6 seasons. I watched 7 as it aired and I thought eh..is it weird I am not excited about it? Maybe I need to binge again.
    Then I binged season 8 and I thought wtf is this? This is something I expected from a nbc show not HBO.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

The show went from everything having a reason to random acts of stupid ****.

17. Buck Turgidson

Sajan likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Game of Thrones Writers Last Season
    =
    Kawhi Leonard Last Season with Spurs

In both cases, mentally checked out and ready to move on and DGAF about their respective final seasons.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You mean to tell me Bran could have warged into the dragon and prevented a million deaths? At a minimum, he could have just watched from the dragon's point of view and then taken control if Dany went mad with it. But, no, I guess he just decided to stay the f**k out of the way because his endgame was to assume power. Am I wrong?

Buck Turgidson and Sajan like this.