1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

mikol13, tinman, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Um yea. I'd tell y'all all to watch Barry as a pretty good consolation prize. 2 seasons of really fun TV (IMO).

I thought the first 15 minutes or so last night was pretty well done. Pretty terrible after that. This season was hit and miss but largely miss.

Bran the Broken only works if you had spent more time building up his character and experiences. I can see it but the 3 eyed Raven should have been a big time backstory.

Brienne the Broken is a waste of a well crafted character.

Jon SNow bothered me the whole episode. Both his character, script and the acting.

I guess above all, most of the people involved with the show were ready to move on. It showed.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan, B-Bob, Surfguy and 2 others like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Final season of GoT rating:

[​IMG]

5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Still great show overall. Has anyone read the books and are they worth reading after the fact with me knowing how everything turns out?

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I haven't read them but GRRM himself has mentioned there are no guarantees his books will end the way the show ended. In fact, he said he gave them the general layout of how he envisioned it ending 5 or 6 years ago. I don't think it would be in his best interest to end it the same way. Else, why would anyone bother reading them at this point? I would hope he would change it up a little.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You do realize the series will never be the books? I had low expectations since the sand snakes.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well the characters will be totally different though.

Like book Bran won't be a stupid meme that tells killer stories to Tyrion.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

OMG, with all the other crappy crap, I forgot about this one. The first shot with Arya, she's on foot looking at Dothraki on horseback. The first thing it'd make anyone think is where is that horse she rode out of Kings Landing on? It never shows up and was totally forgotten. WTF was the point of that horse scene?

Books are still worth reading. Even on the early stages of the story where it is much the same between show and book, the book's telling is better. I'd watched Season 1, then read all the books before the show got to the Red Wedding. The books ruined the show a little (glad I hadn't known Ned's execution was coming), but the show never ruined the books.

mikol13 likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

The finale was good from my view up until the train wreck that became electing who would be on the Iron Throne.

Just too many questions left unanswered that pertained to major story arcs. Still a great series but the last two seasons turned this show from GOAT to great.

dachuda86 and justtxyank like this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You know what would be badass? A prequel.

Robert's Rebellion is a hella-good storyline.

[​IMG]

13. Buck Turgidson

It's even dumber when you realize that it's the same horse the Golden Company leader was riding. Then supposedly it got totally traumatized by a dragon and cavalry battle, then it decided, instead of getting the hell out of there, to head back into the flaming city where same dragon is hanging out and burning things.

JuanValdez and dachuda86 like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

First 3 good, the show does the last 2 better than the books imo, save for a few story lines.

sealclubber1016 likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Choosing the king was given all the seriousness of deciding who would go pick up a Taco Bell order.

"Let him do it. He's already got wheels. LOLOL! Okay what's next then?"

DonnyMost, justtxyank and BigM like this.
  16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

And what about Bronn as Master of Coin?

Tyrion, and, while we're here...Bronn what's the status of that food for the starving masses?
    Bron: sure I'll get right on that

Westeros is worse off than it was before the show started.

17. Buck Turgidson

...but first, the whores!

No Iron Throne? No problem. Brought my own chair.

mikol13 and justtxyank like this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The finale worked if you just don't think about anything that happened in the finale.

Watch it again. After every scene, just say aloud "oh ok." But also - and this is absolutely critical - don't think about it. Just move on to the next scene, and prepare for your next "oh ok."

This will greatly enhance the finale for everyone.

You're welcome.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seriously, the way they chose the new king had the depth of a 90 minute fantasy anime movie in a 8 season tv series famous for its depth. It was jarring and by far the worst part about the finale. I actually enjoyed the cuts of all the Starks remaining at the end and their upcoming potential journeys. I think if we all watched just that scene and was told "this is how GOT will end" while skipping the last few seasons, most of us would feel as if it's a suitable ending.

It's how they got there that was a **** show.

#2199 fchowd0311, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    justtxyank likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A king who doesn't care about being king, only chasing tail (Dragon instead of whores this time) and an unqualified small council headed up by a hand that everyone thinks is smart. Good job Westeros. Millions dead (depending on the episode you base the population of King's Landing on lol) and this is what they came up.

Tywin should have been king.

dachuda86 likes this.