1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Leak Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Aug 4, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did they show the Reeds or Greywater Watch in the series?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People underestimate the strength normal humans show facing extinction.

I think wights just fight because they are possessed and manipulated. No real motivation of their own.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So how many White Walkers are there? Do they divy up resurrecting the dead optimally so that killing a few of them don't wipe out the army entirely? When the battle comes, the main characters shouldn't even be bothering with the wights right? Just use the dragons to go behind the front line Drop Ship/Shuttle/Overlord on their base and take out the WW's and chunks and chunks of the wights would die? This seems like a major weakness.

#83 kevC, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I could see this being one of those things that we (the audience) knows can kill all the dead but for some reason won't try until the end.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, they die when you kill their leaders.

The Ice Dragon is now the biggest problem...but hey, get that huge bow thing out, put some dragon glass on the tips, and let Bron shoot the thing since he has the same accuracy rate as the Night King

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They wished they had invented the Rocket launcher.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The night king is Bran. Bran worged into the dead because he can to create white walkers since he realized no one deserves to win. Time is a flat circle.

jae713 and tierre_brown like this.
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That was a very intense episode.....my goodness. Good stuff, going to miss this show....

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

it's weird, I knew what was going to happen because I read the spoilers, but it was still pretty crazy watching those things happen.

jae713 likes this.
  10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I know many people do this, but just curious. Why read the spoilers? That doesn't ruin the fun for you a little bit?

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Westeros is really Universal Studios Theme Park.

You've just been M Night Shamaylamadingdonged.

v3.0 likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all. I was a book reader to begin with, so I was used to knowing what was going to happen and still being impressed with how the show handled it.

I know not everyone is like that, so I certainly wouldn't ruin the fun for anyone else with spoilers, but I prefer to know.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jon Snow is ice, so he controls the Ice Dragon at some point, yes?

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

He is ice and fire. He is Azor Ahai.

But honestly, Euron is the current MVP.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

And then you factor in the fact every single person forced to take arms, and even a good chunk of those who were already willing to fight, are going to get the fight or flight instinct when they see for the first time an army of undead rushing them.

All these unified fronts aren't going to stay unified and strong when some start fleeing for their lives at the sight of a skeleton running towards them.

That's one of the sticking points for me, they have the numbers. They're always going to have the numbers. And their numbers are only ever going to increase.

We're just on opposite sides of this discussion here - which shows you how great this show is it can cause this much debate!

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Certainly true, one thing the army of the dead have is that they are dead. They can win on fear, hardhome did show that the moemnt they showed up people fought for their own. The gates were closed leaving many to die and the whole idea of saving the kids first thrown out the window as everyone rushed to the boats.

Who knows what some will do when they make their appearance. Will Euron really stick around to help? Dude could just sail to Essos, it is certainly in his character to just go "Nah, you guys have fun with that." which makes me wonder if in the lore do the White Walkers affect just that continent? Do Dothraki, Meereen, and all those places Dany visited know or care about them?

Definitely, I said the show is still amazing, top 5 show of all time IMO. Sad it is almost over with, I wished they would have stretched it out just a bit longer for selfish reasons.

17. AB423

AB423 Member

Most valuable p***y?

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This is one thing I didn't mind. The Night King was getting ready to throw the spear at Drogon, then changed his mind when he saw Viserion flying while blasting fire over his army and HEADING HIS WAY. I think that would take precedent. lol

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Another thing, when Jon kills that WW, the WW's wights disintegrates save for one, what a convenient coincident. I don't remember any wights disintegrating when Jon killed his first WW nor when Meera killed that WW in the cave. Making **** as they go. That wight that didn't disintegrate must have been the Jon Snow of the group.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Watch the Hardhome fight again. When Jon slayed that White Walker, there were no wights around him so we couldn't see if any of the local group of wights fell. Remember there were other White Walkers on top of the cliff so they were probably responsible for all the other wights.

The explination for the one wight surviving is simply that the White Walker that Jon killed didn't necromance that with himself.