1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funny article on WNBA

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Smokey, Jan 18, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I thought I was the only one that thought the WNBA sucked. I thought guys were the only ones that thought the WNBA sucked. Read this article written by a woman and she'll agree that the WNBA sucks.
    http://jewishworldreview.com/0999/wnba.asp

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm a WNBA fan. It isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it's getting to be, and it's going to be. Everything starts somewhere, and before you know it, you suddenly have something worth holding onto. The NBA was the same way. So was the NFL. And so was Major league baseball. So if you think women's sports won't make it, think again. Women's college basketball is now televised all over the place and will continue to grow. And do you know why, because people enjoy watching Swoopes poor in 47 points in the NCAA finals. Women can play. The WNBA will only get better. I think your failing to see what is right before your eyes.

At least they aren't shooting underhand freethrows. Like the men where. Don't kid yuourself into such shortsighted thinking. The WNBA has talent. It has a market. And it will one day reach a time where it overtakes the NBA. Don't be surprised when it happens.

3. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

The problem with her and you, Smokey, is that for some reason you try to equate the WNBA with the NBA.

Is she trying to say that women are just screwed because they are women? Are women who want to play basketball out of luck because they aren't men?

Why bother? Is that what you and she feel?

Why stop there.

Why don't we go ahead and do away with high school and college basketball because it's clear that none of those players are at the same level as the men in the NBA?

It's just freakin basketball, people.

Any one of those ladies would kick any one of our asses in competition. They are all athletes. They all have every right to pursue a career in their favorite sport, just like men.

If you don't like, don't watch it. It's that easy.