1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Front page game score ticker

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Shohoku79, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Shohoku79

Shohoku79 Contributing Member

Greetings:

Not sure how many posters visits the front page first before visiting the forums, but I noticed something strange in the flash banner on today's page. Not sure if it has already been brought up.

It showed, a score of Golden State Warriors 104 and Rockets 111. If something like this went down just recently, why aren't there more buzz in the forums? Then I noticed the date 11/09/2002 with names and stats of players of yesteryears flashing across the screen.

Someone on the backend feeling a little nostalgic or a little late April fools joke to see if anyone is still paying attention to the front page?

Invisible Fan and Clutch like this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I would like to see a score ticker in the game threads

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up ... I sincerely don't have a clue how that happened. It's fixed now.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Clutch, the GSW v Rockets game in November 2002 is back on the box score flasher.

Man, Eddie Griffin had such promise...he was the prototype stretch 4...

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Lulz, glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

Thought I was having some major league flashback from excessive use of stuff in the 80s.

6. Rashmon

My son once asked me if I experimented with "stuff" when I was younger.

I told him, "Boy, I did not experiment with 'stuff' at all, I was into full blown research."

7. Shohoku79

Shohoku79 Contributing Member

Not to rehash what had already been sighted, but looks like GSW(104)/HOU(111) on 11/09/2002 is back again on the front page score flash. The stats for the loss to Toronto and Win to Phoenix showed briefly, and then was taken over by the old stats again.

Clicking on the Recap button showed us the night that Dream was honored, guess that was pretty cool to relive that moment again.

8. Rashmon

Clutch the Games/Schedule/Standings widget is still acting up (at least for me). May be at my end but schedule and standings are not updating and the Memphis game of the 18th is the last box score.

I use the home page as my launch point where I can check all that info before going to the forums.

Is it just me?

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Also showing me the Memphis game.

Rashmon likes this.
  10. Rashmon

Still seeing the Rolling in Phoenex front page summary and the Memphis box score. Has there been an update and I'm not seeing it?

@Clutch

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Same here.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I noticed recently that the Front Page hasn't changed since we were "Rolling in Phoenix," the front page story about CP3's return after being out a month following the season opener. OK, we did get Rolling in Phoenix, and have been rolling ever since. Given that, it's a little surprising the Front Page hasn't changed, despite the Rocks now being 21-4, with a grip on 1st place in the League, and on a 10 game winning streak. Am I missing something? It isn't unusual to not change the FP for several days when @Clutch has been busy, but I can't recall a Front Page "hiatus" lasting this long, except perhaps during the summer. Noticing the "still paying attention to the front page" comment in the quote here from Shohoku79 is what caused me to mention it. That, and the comments above by Rashmon and Yung-T.

Should we stop paying attention to the Front Page? Has it been moved? Is it obsolete? Aside from the BBS, is ClutchFans now essentially accessed via Facebook, Twitter, and so on? What's up?

Yung-T and Easy like this.
  13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think Clutch has been extra busy with his personal life lately.

In all of my years here I’ve never seen him make game threads as late (and lacking in info) as nowadays.

The front page seems completely forgotten about as well.

I’m not griping whatsoever, as it isn’t affecting me at all. But, just as something for all of you to consider in this thread, I think it’s pretty apparent Clutch has little time (relative to the past) for Clutchfans lately.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Front page updated!

Maybe Clutch didn't want to jinx the winning streak. ;)

Deckard likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I saw that and immediately had Rocket Fuel! What an incredible run. :)