1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

free registration here to stay?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by aussie rocket, Jul 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Clutch,

You may have answered this question somewhere along the line and I've missed it, but I was wondering if you've got any kind of timeframe for the continuance of allowing free registration?

It may seem a bit rich coming from someone like myself who was among the first to benefit from it being introduced, but damn it I've bit my tongue too long on this.

I like a bit of humor in my posts from time to time, but there are some jokers coming through right now at an increasing pace. I know Clutch, you've stated previously, and quite correctly, that there are a bunch that become good members and add something to the boards (humbly, i'd like to think i'm getting closer to that mark). But frustratingly, there are so many knuckleheads who seemingly couldn't care less about bringing something meaningful to the community, some I doubt even have a great deal of passion for the Rockets. I will not name names as it's just not right to do so, however it also seems not really necessary.

Quite clearly there are other members more notable than I that feel strongly about this also.

thanks, and sorry this was so long winded.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No, it's not here to stay. It will be off and on. Rookies who are lurking though are in for a rude awakening before the season.

I can't find the posts you're referring to. If there are problem posts, report them using the "Report this post" function ([​IMG])

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Sorry if I offend you Clutch, but I don't understand why board members are required to post. Some just dont feel comfortable voicing their opinion in forums. I, for one, am not afraid of a little tension once in a while. However, if I had a choice, I would rather just come in here and read what others have to say and see if there is any inside information. I read exactly what you posted when I first signed up and am doing my best to contribute as much as possible. Its just that it is the offseason and its kind of impossible to have any input in the slowest part of the year. Hopefully my status will change soon and I will be on the safe side.

But arent you encouraging such behavior like someone brand new coming in here and saying JVG sucks I hate him we will never win etc? Of course, we are all intelligent posters, but theres a handful of people who, no matter where you go, will never learn.

Just my thoughts on this subject :)

4. trickywhiteguy

becouse the hole reason for forums is for people to come and voice there diffrenting opinion on a subject.

I also have a quick question the Rookies whos titles are now members does that meen that they are not in serious trouble of haveing there accounts deleted! i was just wondering becouse i noticed that mine has gone from Rookie to Member! :)

5. YAMAS

YAMAS Contributing Member

Long time lurker here..........I too like to just read through the posts and only occassionally will I feel strongly enough that I want to post. I hope I don't lose my bbs priveleges due to my low post count, I've been around a long time and wouldn't know what else to do when I'm trying to look like I'm working!!

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well, I hope I'm not one of the guys who will get booted. I actually paid the $10. I don't have as much time to post as I would like to, but I really enjoy reading through the forums. I'm a Moderator at another forum, so when I have time to make good, detailed posts, I try to do it there. But I love being able to go through this place and see the opinions of Houstonians. It's something I never got at any other forum, and it helped me get through the few months that I had to live in Dallas. ;)

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't speak for Clutch, but when you don't post and just read, you don't really contribute anything, yet take away bandwidth/resources. At least if you contribute to the discussion, you have a chance of doing something for the board.

8. YAMAS

Sounds fair I guess.............I'll work on being more vocal, there have been a few times when I wanted to say "wtf........."! I'll be sure to speak up, I would hate to lose my BBS priveleges, I've spent many, many hours reading through the plethora of posts on here and have referred a number of people to site over the years.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well, to be brutally honest, a lot of the posts on here are not something I would respond to.

Stuff like:

"hey man u think dat we got a chance 2 get harington?"

or

"Great post"

Stuff like that would be grounds for being banned at my other place, so I guess I've been groomed into ignoring those.

My point is: if quantity is something that you want, I'm sure I could dish out hundreds of one-liners like I've seen on here. But, if quality is what you prefer (and the $10 I paid), then I'll save my posts for when they can be insightful and detailed and have points that haven't already been discussed.

10. YAMAS

Very well said!!! I agree with you wholeheartidly and while I may not post every thought that pops through my head, I'd like to think I contribute in other ways. Oh well, let it be as it is, it is your site Clutch and you will have to decide who you want here and who you don't.

11. trickywhiteguy

I was wondering now that i am a "member" and not a "rookie" does that mean that i am not ar a huge risk to be deleted?

12. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

lol, I was a member and now I am a rookie.

I know, it sucks

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I've never seen Clutch say anything about deleting lurker accounts for people that aren't rookies. So far every time he's mentioned deleting or closing accounts, it's specifically been for new members that are rookies.

#13 arkoe, Jul 11, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like arkoe posted, i wouldn't be concerned. I don't think that's who Clutch is talking about. :)

(of course, I don't know!)

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Since December, you have 8 posts (a couple in this thread). If there are that few posts you feel necessary to respond to on this board, how good could you possibly think it could be? :D

Like others have said, I don't see where he said he'd be deleting contributing member accounts. And like I said, I don't know, so I can't speak for him. That was just my opinion. :D

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wasn't trying to say that posts on here are bad, or that posters on here are bad. I was just trying to say that I've been groomed not to respond to those types of posts. In no way does that make me "better" or whatever than anyone else. Sorry if I came off as a jackass with the earlier post, I suppose I should have used different words to lighten it up a tad.

Anywho, I'm glad to see people saying that "Contributing Members" won't be in any risk! :cool:

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think that this is the perfect thread to build one's post count. :cool:

18. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Is there any chance of a reputation point system? I know on the Texans board that it seems to be very useful. That way, making good informative posts is rewarded while the "ESPN board" type stuff can hopefully dwindle down.