1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

France is to go all in for tourism dollars

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pole, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I wouldn't touch that country with a 10 foot Pole

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! I didn't read the article until after I first posted this. Crazy stuff.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Roy Moore has already applied for a visa.

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The French are just appalling. They don’t bathe. They don’t wear deodorant.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve been to France twice. It’s not my favorite country in Europe thats for sure. I have had fun there though and do not regret going. No plans to go back though, unless someone I’m dating really wants to go I’ll consider it.

A sidenote. When I was in Bangkok I met this guy and girl that were friends from Brazil and traveling for 15 months (they were in the middle when I met them) Anyways when they were staying in a hostel somewhere with these two French guys in the same room they told me some horror stories. Seriously just disgusting activity.

DudeWah likes this.
  7. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Have you ever been to France or met any French people ?

Clearly not.

8. a la rockets

Sexual majority in France is 15 yo (just like in US) and will stay that way.

Here the attorney general addressed answered the question in the context of a man trialed for having a sexual relation with a 11 yo and was sentenced on lighter charges than rape (he should have rotten as long a possible in prison if you ask me). To the ruling many defense group manifested and to try to defuse the situation these comments were made.

Be sure that a lot of French people don’t agree with the comments.

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

What do you mean by sexual majority?

10. Major

Major Member

I believe their version of "statutory rape" is "sexual abuse". So as is the case in the US, an adult and a minor can't have sex - but using different terms (and maybe different penalties? not really sure). These changes are about expanding that to regular rape charges, I believe.

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I follow you...but the sexual majority...is that suppose to mean a ‘minor’ bc he states it’s the same in France as in the US, but here it’s 18 not 15. I’m confused...

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You obviously have never been to France, at least not since the 1700s, and are speaking from ignorance.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm headed to France this coming weekend. I can't wait. I love it there. I haven't been there for over ten years. I am really looking forward to going back. There is nothing wrong with a person having other vacation spots they like a lot more. I've done a fair bit of traveling and that might just edge out Spain as my favorite country to visit in Europe.

I like all the places I've been, but France is probably the top spot for me to visit.

No Worries likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think the reading comprehension in this thread is very good. You can't diddle 11 year olds in France. The proposal is essentially about the severity of punishment.

The age of consent differs by state, but I believe it is 16 in most states. So, not much different from France.

FranchiseBlade and Exiled like this.
  15. a la rockets

Sorry, my engluât translation on the subject is a bit limited.

Sexual majority = legal age of consent

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  16. a la rockets

Which part of France are you headed to ?
    Paris I guess ? I'd recommend south west if you haven't been there yet. From Bordeaux down south is a beautiful region.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Thanks. I'm headed first to the Loire Valley for two days, and then we will end up in Paris. I would love to go to Bordeaux as I'm a huge fan of wine and wine tasting. History and regional cuisines are also huge on my list. We are planning on going to France again and I will make sure to tour the Bordeaux and the south.

My wife has only been one time when she was a kid, and so she really wanted to focus on Paris for this trip. But she's already up for branching out next time, and I have no doubt she'll be even more eager after this trip.