1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former NBA ref Tim Donaghy says Harden is on refs radar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 22, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Donaghy is an attention w****, anyone could claim this now...remember those videos he did on fouls called? Laughable!!!

topfive likes this.
  2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

nah, he's saying that the Harden info is what he used to win 80% of the 85% of the bets he won. Pretty straightforward.

Is this even a legit verified twitter account? Dude sounds like a dumbass.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ingram did the same forearm shove no call last night. I doubt it.

34to11, chadyang and Denovo like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah right, you will continue to watch the NBA long after Harden is gone. There will be other dark skinned superstars to come. Zion Williamson is dark skin and about to take over the league.

5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

The seed has been planted. I'm scared.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If you didn't already have a seed planted and weary of games beforehand, you've been doing it wrong this whole time.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've been surprised they havent nailed him for that move - as he does it quite often... I figured they were just waiting for the playoffs to screw with him on that... smh...

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm glad he posted this. The nba now risks proving he is right if they suddenly start calling stuff.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Are they just going to eliminate the 0 step before the playoffs? Otherwise I don't see how they will start calling it a travel more. Paul George and others are using the same move as well.

10. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I’m not so sure that is really Tim Donaghy’s account. Hard to believe that is the picture he would choose as his avatar.

34to11 likes this.
  11. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

zion will be handed to the knicks

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wow! Deadspin REALLY hates the Rox! Check out this article from today's edition. Warning! They are very rude:

https://deadspin.com/the-notoriously-rule-bending-rockets-whined-about-the-r-1832812919

Here's more from Deadspin:

The Houston Rockets think veteran referee Scott Foster is being mean to them, which is not new. Lots of teams have thought that about Foster over the years, (a) because he is under-burdened by the onus of player relations skills, and (b) because he isn’t easily bullied. Many teams would love to be able to dictate that Foster never work their games again, because who wouldn’t want to handpick their hall monitor? But he is in fact of the league’s few reliable officials, and has been for years.

We’re not here to defend Scott Foster. His main fault is almost certainly that he has good and fearless judgement, but he is also a white-hot ball of imperious disdain. He is part of a generation of officials who were raised by the league and its official supervisors to be imperious, annoying and unapproachable, he and his mates are dealing with the most empowered generation of players in the history of any professional sport, and both parties are dealing with a league office that neither knows nor particularly cares about why the perception of their officials is so poor, let alone how to repair it.

More about NBA referees can be found here:
    https://deadspin.com/nba-officiating-sucks-but-not-for-the-reason-chris-pau-1832824512

#32 HillBoy, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

MY BEST BUD SCOTT FOSTER IS IN ON IT

14. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

The guy doesn't even have the blue check mark beside his twitter handle. Hopefully you guys are not really thinking this is the real Tim Donaghy.

34to11 likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The problem is you have the masses (just look at the Twitard that's responding to Donaghy) that all believe Harden is jobbing the refs, and that it's the LEAGUE that are the victims. Just scroll through the Twitter comments of a random James Harden post, and you'll see what I mean. This is a lose-lose battle for the Rockets and their supporters. The people will have their way.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would Tim Donaghy deserve a blue mark? Because he gambled on games, ruined his life, and has now been relegated to random Tweets for relevancy??

17. macan

macan Member

dam looking like we ain't winning any ship this year...league office order a hit on Harden comes playoffs time..
    the league is definitely rigged!!

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Donaghy is like the NBA version of Jose Canseco. Disgraced guy who wants to stay in the limelight.

Some of what he says may be based on truth, but he is willing to say anything to get attention.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

**** deadspin

20. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Deadspin is a trash site. They have been hating the Rockets for years now.

rgw20014life, Richie_Rich and adw like this.