1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Food poisoning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tochiee22, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I've had it 3 times, twice in the last year. When you're feeling nauseous, the general advice is to not make yourself throw up but with food poisoning there's no other choice. Your digestive system shuts down anything you try to take to calm your stomach has nowhere to go except back up where it came from.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I had this happen last in 2008. We were going to a wedding in Brownsville, and had about a 4 hour delay before the reception, so we went to Mexico. Had lunch down there. Luckily my friend bought a bottle of Crown, because when we got to the reception we found out there was no open bar. Sooo we tossed out the pitcher of tea and filled it with Crown. Was funny as hell every time the waiter would go to refill the "tea" we would all scream "No! We are good."

Anyway, next morning I got an OJ and we took the trip home. About an hour in, I started feeling super nauseous. Friend couldn't even pull over in time. Luckily there was a plastic bag on the ground so I just used that. Threw it out of the car when we stopped. Worst road trip ever.

And it just so happened that this was Super Bowl Sunday. I tried to "man up" for the SB party, but I couldn't. I was bed-ridden the whole night.

But luckily, I was back on the mend the next day, so it only lasted about 24 hours.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry but had to be a gud story. Nvm.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I went to visit family in Iowa two weekends ago. My stepmom started it off: spending the night puking and sh*****g. Then she started to feel better.

My dad picks me up at my hotel the next day, tells me the story. I have time to kill before my flight. I really didn't want to go back over to their condo, fearing something contagious. My aunt and uncle were in Cedar Rapids too, and when Dad gave them the option of going to see the new condo or not, my aunt at first declined. But my uncle talked her into it.

To make a short story long, my dad also got sick. My brother got sick. The aforementioned aunt and uncle got sick. Two days later I got sick. Two days after that my wife.

In the beginning it was, "What did you eat, Dee?" No. Obviously someone passed around norovirus. Awful. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. The older people got it the worst.

I don't know what the OP picked up, but maybe. Maybe.

5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Idk what the Fck I got hit with.. but wtv it was. It was fckn torture.

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Learn to spell words...

Nook likes this.
  7. droxford

droxford Member

Let me introduce you to your new best friends: Zofran and Bentyl. They will take good care of you when you desperately need it.

8. tochiee22

Never heard of them.. will note it down for the next victim

9. tochiee22

Ain’t nobody got time for that

10. SuraGotMadHops

I had food poisoning twice, both times from Jack in the Box tacos. You would think after just one occurrence I wouldn't return, but when it's 2 tacos for 99 cents I just couldn't resist.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Just go Vegan like CP3 and say good bye to food poisoning

12. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I've had food poisoning 3-4 times. First time was in my early teens from an Outback (still haven't been able to return).
    Second time was from Red Robin. I was in a water polo tournament in college and our team went out for burgers and drinks. About half of us got sick, mine wasn't as bad as the others. One guy went to the hospital, but I think he was kinda a wuss about it.
    Third and worst time was from Piatto, near the galleria - the margarita pizza. I woke up at around 1 am, violently sick, non stop for about 4 hours. I had to go into work at 5:30 am and due to the circumstances of my job (shift work energy trading on a Saturday), I had to go. After about 30 minutes of being sick in the office, hands shaking, not able to see straight, I called my manager and he came in.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

@tochiee22 - if you guys all ate Subway, chances are it was in the same ingredient you all shared. Food poisoning is a virus so your mom is right, just not crazy-mom-sick-conspiracy right.

I've had it several times, especially when I worked in prisons. Got the norovirus every 4 months like clockwork, even though I never used the restroom or ate in a jail (I've been tested for all the nasty diseases since, all clear).

The first time is absolutely the worst because you think you're dying. First time I had it was when I was in HS and I ate a hot dog that had been sitting in the hot-dog water for about two hours. Hard lesson.

Last time I had it was about 8 years ago. I woke up at 3 AM and my chest and left arm were hurting so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. We went to the ER, they cleared me, and we went home. About an hour later I started puking my guts up. I realized my back and arm were hurting from my stomach starting to tighten up. About an hour later it hit my wife. It was in whatever we had to eat the evening prior. Luckily my son didn't have it.

It's funny how it's so bad that you never want that food again (except hot dogs), like having a terrible hangover on a specific type of alcohol. I'll never touch Sonic breakfast burritos or vodka again.

14. tochiee22

Dam Daniel I thought I had it bad... lol

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I mean, I know you're kidding, but just no, for the record.

Lettuce is mos def something that can carry food poisoning.

daywalker02 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  16. droxford

droxford Member

You'll need prescriptions for both... but, wow, they'll save you a LOT of misery.

17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i wouldnt be surprised if subway's the culprit, their veggies and meats look like they've been there for weeks!

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got food poisoning a couple of years ago from one of my then-favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurants in Austin. It took about 32 hours for it to hit, but it was vicious when it did. I spent most of the day next to, and on top of, the toilet, had chills and felt delirious at certain points of the day. Best of all, in my delirium, I called my insurance provider’s TeleDoc service and was told that I had cholera. CHOLERA! That wasn’t true at all, but it led to a lengthy back and forth with their customer service team where I tried to tell them that I only care about future callers not being told they have a deadly, communicable disease that has been eradicated in this country.

19. Buck Turgidson

It never got me, but I remember back in the 90's La Guadalupana on Dunlavy, one of my favorite breakfast places, made a bunch of people sick and got in big trouble for reusing salsa. I didn't go there after that.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Azul Tequila down south was the culprit for me. It also hit a few coworkers who went there around the same time I did.