1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[First Take] Kenny Smith Flames Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Feb 15, 2018.

1. ballscientist1

Exactly. Some fans here lack of big heart.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I ask you to perform the same test you put me through - what is the exact second Kenny said the Rockets have to play 4 perfect games and has 0 chance if GS got excited?

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I hate to admit it but he is right. On the flip side is that we can get hot and beat them but to think we should be the favorite in that series is foolish. If we put them out and win the championship though it would mean more to me than the back to backs just because I hate the warriors that much.

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

If dream played with these rules where your not allowed to touch him he would probably average 60 PPG.

5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Just ignore that allowing help defense and the zone killed post play.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Have you not followed the board the last couple of days ? Kenny made those comments recently.

The OP is NOT Kenny's first time downplaying Houston. The sellout acts like analytists is something difficult to understand, which downplays the Rockets making them seem odd.

Kenny is a sellout, no doubt. Whether you still roll with him is a different discussion.

7. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Meh. They have to talk about something on these shows. "Controversy" rules.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kenny doesn't want any other Rox team to win, so it lessons his championships.

DD

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Well where is this video of Kenny downplaying Houston and saying they can't win if GS is excited? Either produce or quite talking man.

10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Read the OP

Again... in the end, Jenny's comments don't affect any outcome. I'm just calling him a sellout. If you still roll with him, good for you.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it doesn't exist.

Like when Pryuen back in the day posted an article claiming that the US Media hates Yao Ming.
    Turns out it was an article about LeBron's free throw shooting and he looked at one sentence talking about Yao and flipped out.

It's the same thing. Exactly the same mindset.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/how-can-us-media-be-so-mean-to-yao-ming.124298/

I don't know about your reaction.

But US media continues to snub Yao Ming like this.

What has he done wrong to deserve this type of snubbing ?

What does this dumb reporter mean "Even 7-foot-6 Yao Ming (87 percent) shoots his free throws better than James" ?

Of course, Yao Ming is shooting free throws MUCH MUCH BETTER than LBJ.

And WHY this dumb reporter is leaving Yao Ming's name out of his so called "list of league's superstars and possible MVP candidates" ? Yao Ming was there in the pack before his injury.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

There's no source. It's just text without video. You ask me to show you where Kenny said x, but you can't do the same? Dude, that's bogus.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

you tell me.

tinman likes this.
  15. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I've heard some good things from Kenny. But he's a skeptic with anything modern rockets. My problem with Kenny is he talks like he forgot where he came from. If it wasn't for dream, Kenny would be somewhere else other than TNT.

D-rock likes this.
  16. chonox

chonox Member

I'm the biggest rockets homer, but from an outsider's perspective (Kenny included), I can understand the skepticism behind the rockets success. Much like how I won't batter an eyelid at Toronto leading the east and don't think they have a real shot to escape the ECF alive I can understand how outsiders could similarly view the rockets in the same light.

As great as this season has been, we have no proven experience in the playoffs with our latest generation of rockets. I count the dwight era WCF run as an anomaly (1-3 comeback against clippers carried by J-smoove!) and the fact we lost that to GSW 4-1 isn't really moving the needle for the average non-rockets perspective.

So my point is, there is no point in getting upset at general media opinion, it's not an unreasonable opinion to have, but I'm believing this squad is the greatest potential for a championship run since the Crazy Pills / Tmac / Yao run was ruined by injuries and can't wait for our squad to prove the haters wrong this season. #GoRox

#356 chonox, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Well, you never showed where Kenny said we were "good" because he never says it. The actual words would be too painful.

He "insinuates" the Rockets are good, but he says the absolute minimum of anything complimentary. Low-ball

He argues "others have got worse", while neglecting some others have gotten better. Ignoring things which are obvious is the behavior of fraud and a hater.

The question given to him -- TWICE -- was "GS-HOU" then he starts talking other teams, TWICE -- low-ball.... just like a hater would.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I watched those vids and all I see is Charles saying Harden has to play 4 great games. Not the Rockets playing four perfect games.

Bottom line is that GS is the favorite - they have freaking 4 all-stars on their team and 2 of the top 10 players and 4 of the top 20. Houston has 2 top 10 players and a lot of good role players. They have the talent, and they are coasting a bit.

So yes, the Rockets are the underdog. You have to be a total homer not to realize it, right? What's the big deal. We're the underdog and let's see what happens.

The results will speak for themselves.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with being the underdog when the season hasn’t even ended and people are talking about the conference finals

20. Houstunna

Supporting Member

You saw other points I made too, but like Kenny, you will low-ball.

When talking the 2018 Rockets, introducing OKC's regression due to Durant is invalid since he left the season before. Golden State was winning more before Durant. Then, Kenny fails to mention MIN and other teams improving this season.

Kenny is just mad because he predicted Paul-Harden not working. Yeah, blame the competition instead of propping Houston. He had no choice to admit "there's only two teams". Yeah, no ****.

Post were Kenny said Rockets are "good".
    ____

You sound like a homer.

What are your thoughts on '15 and '17 MVP ?