1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[First Take] Kenny Smith Flames Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Feb 15, 2018.

1. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Rockets great regular season team. They haven't proven anything yet with this lineup in the post season.

Hopefully they take it.

tinman likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly

Kenny couldn't even call them "good". He only says "others have gotten worse."

SellOut

Blurr#7 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s still the regular season ?
    You’re kidding me right ?

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You are wasting your time. If you continue to point out the fact that the Rockets have to prove it in the postseason, you'll hurt their widdle feelings.

tinman likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

He may flame the Rockets, but that’s a dope 1994 Finals Rockets jacket Kenny is wearing right now.

darksoul35 likes this.
  6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I saw that, definitely been thinking about getting one of those online.

In response to the thread though, I think the disrespect is good. These guys are the ultimate competitors and constantly hearing others say the Rockets can’t do it should fuel them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Too bad he’s not really flaming the rockets

8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

1) Did Kenny low-ball the Rockets or Nah ?

2) Remove postseason and only talk regular season... Is the '18 team better than '94 ?
    _______

If you respond, be sure being real. Fraudulence and Sell Outs never stand a chance.

9. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Any idea where we can find one of those? I saw one with 'ROCKETS' on the front but I want the one Kenny had on with "HOUSTON" on the front

tinman likes this.
  10. ballscientist1

Assumption: Warriors lead the Rockets by 10 points with 5 minutes remaining.

Warriors place Durant at center, who should defend Durant?

My idea: Ryan Anderson defends Durant. I will tell you the reasons later.

For Warriors, Dray Green guards Harden and Klay guards Paul.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

wall of misperception

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I fully respect and reciprocate your H-Town fandom.

The city is accustomed to being underdog, so it's natural to feel a need to "sneak up" on people.

I'd rather just put Big D*** in their face and say, "F*** Kershaw."

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then Ego will abuse TF out of Curry. But GSW has a switch defense so either Harden or Paul can PnR onto any switch matchup they want.

That's cute that your scenario has GSW up by 10 with 5 minutes (an eternity in BB by the way) left.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

The hate level that Kenny has for the Rockets is
    Zero

The hate level cliff notes Rockets fans have for Kenny is 1 million

15. rocketsmetalspd

Once again no Kenny doesn't hate the Rockets but his comments don't really come off like it sometimes. He rather contradict himself when he talks about his former organization. As far as hating him I don't but just disappointed (sometimes). I am just H-Town Crazy!

D-rock likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At the 30 second mark, Kenny says there are only two teams - he's referring to Houston and Golden State. I think that is a pretty clear indication that he is validating, "hou is good".

2nd, Max K asks Kenny at 1:30 if he is saying that taking Chris Paul from LA is what elevated Houston to GS level and Kenny says "Exactly".

So please quit your whining. Tinman is 100% right on this one.

I swear, I never seen such an insecure fan base.

tinman and tycoonchip like this.
  17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

So a team who's been proclaimed being "exactly" on another team's level 1) needs 4 perfect games to win and 2) has zero chance wininng if the other team gets "excited"?

Kenny's entire commentary was low-ball. If he was truly concerned about Rockets' competition discrepancy from last season, he mentions MIN and OKC's upgrades.
    What's insecure is not seeing Kenny's comments as low-ball.

I mean.. do you really not see, or just not gonna say ?

In the end, who cares. Smith's comment won't affect any outcome.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

First I agree with the notion that we aren't competitors until we show it in the playoffs. The playoffs are almost like a whole different sport they're so different in kind. That said, one can't dismiss the fact that the Rockets are playing even or better than anyone including the Warriors and that we look like the only team that can challenge them. I believe we'll go all the way this year and I further believe that our team will be motivated by every single instance of disrespect or doubt in their abilities. So I say bring it all on. Give us disrespect even though we have the 1 seed in the NBA. Say it doesn't count for anything. Bash our team as much as possible.

That is how the media will best aid the Rockets in turning them into a real contender for the title. Our guys have never been shown respect, even when we won back-to-back chips, and it is always a motivator.

If we can get the advantage of being considered underdogs at the selfsame time that we carry the 1 seed into the playoffs, to me that's the best possible situation. We were the underdogs in every single series in our second championship year. Every other team was projected to beat us and I think that helped our players do extraordinary things.

We don't need media or former players or anyone to make our team more confident by showing confidence in them. If they feel confident because people show them respect, they could fail to bring their A-game.

Active disrespect though will motivate them to bring their A-game.

So all I have to say about Kenny Smith is "Thanks, Kenny." And "never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. mikus

mikus Member

The thing that gets me about this Rockets and Harden playoffs narrative is that unlike say, the Clippers or the Thunder, we actually have advanced in the playoffs the past two years. We made it to the WCF two years ago and advanced to the 2nd round last year. By saying that the Rockets are some kind of playoff disappointment or underachievers they basically saying we should have won a chip either of the past 2 years?? Now I'm as homer as they come but even I wouldn't go that far...

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I agree with you