1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

That's a blame on Rick Smith for not bringing back AJ Bouye and not being aggressive in free agency by bringing in good players in the positions they need. You were expecting the Texans to be 16-0 with this sh** roster?

texian likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think your argument is with @tmacfor35, who said this is a contending roster when healthy.

I think this is far from a contending team

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

When did I said the Texans were a contending team? Learn to read. I think this team is mediocre. But Bill O'Brien has been doing a good job of bringing the best out of this roster especially after tough losses. Rick Smith is the real blame and the problem for this team. For not bringing a good O line, not bringing back AJ Bouye, and not being aggressive in free agency.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dude, I'm agreeing with you.

tmacfor35 said this was a contending team

thedude077 likes this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol and he telling you to learn to read

justtxyank likes this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

7. texian

texian Member

Well, let's not go overboard...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

So ... you gonna give him that extension Bob? ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Always good to see these type of videos. Get great feel of what they say on the field.

BOB doesn’t really know how to celebrate to me lol

11. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Anybody got a gif of him swangin n bangin from the Hard Knocks ep where he talks about playing Rick Ross over the speakers?

12. texian

texian Member

Head Coach Bill O’Brien

Can you address the comments made by Houston Texans Founder, Chairman and CEO Mr. Robert C. McNair and how you addressed it with the team?
    “It’s been addressed. I’m really here to talk about Seattle. I’m 100 percent with these players. Our coaching staff’s 100 percent behind these players. If you have Seattle questions, that’s what I’m here to talk about, with all due respect, and there’s a lot of respect there. I just want to focus on Seattle. I think that’s what our team is trying to do.”

Multiple media outlets reported that WR DeAndre Hopkins was not at practice today. What’s his status for Sunday?
    “He’s fine. He took a personal day today.”

As a coach, what kind of challenges does it present when you’re trying to get your team ready for Seattle?
    “Somebody said this the other day, I can’t think of who said it, it might have been – I don’t want to put a name to something I’m not sure about – but somebody said, ‘When you sign up to be a head coach, it’s what you sign up for.’ I love these players. I love this coaching staff. We will show up in Seattle and play, and we will play very hard. Seattle’s a great football team with a great coaching staff, but we will be there when the ball is kicked off in Seattle.”

Do you expect any of your players to kneel or anything during the national anthem?
    “I have no idea. I think that we’re all grown men, and like I said in the very beginning, I would tell you I support my players 100 percent.

Will WR DeAndre Hopkins be in Seattle on Sunday after missing practice today?
    “I would tell you that he’ll be here. If something changes, I’m sure we’ll let you know.”

Will WR DeAndre Hopkins play on Sunday if he is in Seattle?
    “Yeah, he’ll start, and he’ll be lined up in a lot of different places and he’ll play.”

Is WR DeAndre Hopkins’ absence related to Houston Texans Founder, Chairman and CEO Mr. Robert C. McNair’s recent comments?
    “Again, I’m really just focused on the game. If you guys have any Seattle – a couple guys had personal days today. We’ve had a long week coming off the bye. So, we practiced on Monday, we had an extra practice, so a couple guys needed to take care of some things.”

Is the plan to activate T Duane Brown before this game?
    “It’s definitely trending toward that, but I think we have to sit down and make sure that we’re all on the same page with that, including Duane (Brown), obviously. But, I would say it’s trending toward him being able to play.”

red5rocket likes this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

BOB couldn’t have handled this better

Why not? and texian like this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm wondering if all this NFL bullshit pushes BOB back to college. Yes it looks like he finally got his franchise QB but for a no non-sense football guy I can't imagine he wants to deal with all the non-football bullshit just about everyday it seems.

I can say for myself, I've watched more college football this season than ever before and I've watched less NFL football than ever before. It's not all related to No Fun League non-football bullshit but let's just say I don't try very hard to have my Sunday's free anymore.

15. Malaya

Malaya Member

Who put the hex on Houston sports?

Just when we got our FQB, all hell breaks loose.

Just when Astros are in the WS, something happens to cast the team in a negative light. (I still blame the TV cameras.)

I pray something good happens from all this. The city certainly deserves it after Harvey.

16. texian

texian Member

If O'Brien is gone it might be because he openly stood with his players.

Or it might be that Rick suggests to McNair he needs to hire a black head coach to repair his public image. Just pray it's not still Lovie Smith.

It will upset Deshaun Watson, who specifically wanted to play for O'Brien.

And it'll be a complete tear down/rebuild.

And if the Colts/Titans/Jaguars hire him, he'll beat our butts twice a year for a decade.

ipaman likes this.
  17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

McNair will not fire BOB because he had the players backs. He's not like that. A coach is supposed to have the backs of the player and the owner & gm need to care of all of the stuff off the field.

red5rocket likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

How many rimmers does BOB owe Watson for saving his job?

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Fire this clown. He's not HC material. Good OC but gutless, poor clock management and so many mistakes.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bill Obrien loses another one for them. Way to play call coach!