1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

hes also saying that this is the reason you dont hire OC because they can leave and you have to start over? ok lets just stay with the same voice (Obrien) which will get us nowhere

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

how does it look if you consider points per offensive possession instead of ppg?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, we need to consider how many points were gifted by the defense or outright scored by them. There's no way anyone could look at the Texans' offense this year and think they were competently coached

HayesStreet likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If they are worried about Watson's development, they would get rid of OBriens offense immediately. Not to mention health with the OLs he develops

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Stability is useless if you're not maximizing efficiency. Plus who's to say Bill O'Brien doesn't quit or get fired. Tony Elliot is probably the next big name head coach on people's lists. He won't stay an OC for long.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't mean it it's the ONLY important issue - just that it IS important, as are about a million other elements.

Tony Elliott, you say? Don't know if you've heard.......... but I am screaming from every mountaintop that he should receive a phone call from the Texans POSTHASTE!

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't mean it it's the ONLY important issue - just that it IS important, as are about a million other elements.

Tony Elliott, you say? Don't know if you've heard.......... but I am screaming from every mountaintop that he should receive a phone call from the Texans POSTHASTE!

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

The consistent voice would be OBRIEN.. The OC gets the most out of Watson, more than BOB can do, then he gets taken elsewhere, BOB talks him through the next hiring and sets Watson up for the next OC.. easy peasy.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not an excuse, but the offense against Miami (terrible defense I know) but more importantly WITH WILL FULLER, looked pretty well coached and pretty awesome in general. Still want an OC.

I think my "backing of BOB" is being misunderstood. I don't put all the blame on BOB the HC. I do put a lot of the blame on BOB the OC (as i believe @Nimo helped me realize to articulate better). We definitely need an OC because BOB cant do that. But BOB the HC is not getting a lot of help from an OC and the players sometimes.

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not an excuse, but the offense against Miami (terrible defense I know) but more importantly WITH WILL FULLER, looked pretty well coached and pretty awesome in general. Still want an OC.

I think my "backing of BOB" is being misunderstood. I don't put all the blame on BOB the HC. I do put a lot of the blame on BOB the OC (as i believe @Nimo helped me realize to articulate better). We definitely need an OC because BOB cant do that. But BOB the HC is not getting a lot of help from an OC and the players sometimes.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

anyone want to listen to this and tell me what they said?

13. Mr. Clutch

Responding to the people who criticized him. Clarifies that he's just a fan, not media or a newsbreaker, but reiterated that a source inside the Texans gave him the info on O'Brien.

Also, said he doesn't just tell fans what to think (assume he's throwing shade at PatdStat)

zeeshan2 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

thanks; any new info at all?

BigShasta likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Not really. It was 23 minutes of the same thing, over and over again.

It was kind of frustrating because he never even addressed the rumor, only the reaction to the rumor and defending himself.

I still have no idea what rumor he was talking about...

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Cal is putting BOB on the chopping block and going after Harbaugh from Michigan

17. conquistador#11

I bet that was Larry in Stratford, the sauce to the sauce. I kid.

18. Mr. Clutch

19. Mr. Clutch

And that O'Brien was going into a meeting with Cal, who isn't happy, and that he had to defend himself. Doesn't know the result.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Could be worse, they could be the Cardinals