1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The one who went to take care of his wife with cancer....Anyway, I'm done arguing with the BOB fan club, you guys can feel free to pull for your boy despite how terrible he's been at being a coach.

2. raining threes

I'm not part of his fan club. Can you read?

I just want to see how he does with a competent GM.

Unfortunately it's going to take a couple of yrs to clean up RS personnel mess.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He now has a lapdog as GM, we'll see what happens but the guys BOB has had the Texans pick up thus far have been terrible.

4. raining threes

BOB never had final say on who was picked.

Didn't you hear BOB's season ending PC year before last, when BOB basically said RS gets the players and I coach them?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's exactly what you'll hear from the BOB fan club despite that having no basis in reality. He wanted garbage like Hoyer and Mallett and Smith went out and got them for him.....then he screwed things up and blamed it on Smith.....and BOB fanboys eat that sh*t up.

6. raining threes

Or maybe you're making excuses for RS.

I mean 2 different regimes with the same results.

A WC game win at home.

How did you feel about Kubiak's playoff record with the Texans? It's basically the same in twice as many years. I do agree with you McNair should've cleaned house. But Watson liked working with BOB so BOB stayed. Watson carries a lot of weight down on Kirby apparently.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Very different results actually. RS got the players Kubiak and Wade wanted, and it was successful for a time but ultimately derailed by injuries. RS got the players BOB wanted and it led to a worse offense every year under BOB till McNair had him trade up for Watson, saving BOB from himself.

raining threes likes this.
  8. raining threes

Started 2-14 ended 2-14 and only won 2 WC games against the Bengals who haven't won a playoff game under Marvin Lewis.

BOB has already won a playoff game with BO at QB. He deserves a medal for that alone.

red5rocket and TheFreak like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL BOB fanboys.....

10. raining threes

Facts = Fanboy

Ok we're done here.

And I'm not even a huge BOB guy. But you're starting to make me more of a fan.

#2490 raining threes, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    texian likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

You can't (or shouldn't) qualify the wins against the Bengals and not do the same with the Raiders. Not only have the Raiders not won anything recently either, they were without their starting QB. When OBriens team faced real competition (KC) it was embarassing. The comparison is not even fair. OBrien needs a couple more years for us to compare resumes.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You mean the mess that Smith created by getting the BoB the players he wanted? That mess? So what will be the "excuse" in two more years? Fire the "incompetent" training staff? Yeah, keep on drinking the battlered koolaid. I'd rather see what this team could do with competent ownership.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There is zero percent chance that OBie told RS that he wanted the OL he had last year. Z-e-r-o.

red5rocket and texian like this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There is a good chance he wanted xsf, Allen and martin.

Rick Smith drafted Brooks and ben Jones for kubiak,so I doubt it was his idea to get rid of them.

And no one wanted last year's OL. That's easy to say after the fact

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

After?

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So they left in free agency because BOB said not to pay for them? I can't tell what is and isn't RS's job anymore to you guys? Apparently all RS did was decide by himself to get Watson, then listened to BOB about all the bad decisions. Cool

red5rocket and texian like this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

They built the roster together.

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Well then, why doesn't BOB get credit for Watson pickup? Or Nick Martin? Clowney, Foreman, or any of the linebackers? Nope, all BOB did was beg for Osweiler and XSF while also ensuring we keep our money from Brooks, Jones, and Bouye apparently.

TheFreak and texian like this.
  19. texian

texian Member

Agree, now how do you plan we go about getting a better owner?

Tickets are sold, there's ~30,000 on the wait list. PSLs are long since paid for.

20. Mr. Clutch

Sure give him credit. At the end of the day the roster has a few excellent players and a bunch of crap