1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: The Only Options: Wolves, Pelicans, or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j@amc, Apr 10, 2018.

?

Who do you want to play?

1. Spurs

20.7%
  2. Wolves

49.2%
  3. Pelicans

30.1%
  1. j@amc

j@amc Member

Per Feigen

This tiebreaker and process is insane. With a win, Denver is either in as #6 (maybe #7?) or out altogether.
    So who do you want to play?

malakas, DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wolves or Pelicans...doesn’t matter

those are sweeps or 5 game series max

I guess I’ll go with the Pelicans since they have less talent than the Wolves, and I could see Taj Gibson and Towns beating us up on the boards, but I’m good with either one

bilaal14, Tfor3, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Bring on any of them.

whiskeyred, BMoney, malakas and 8 others like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pelicans are the worst match up out of all of them. They have the second best player after Harden and their shooters are better than the Spurs.

Embrace the clutch and jevjnd like this.
  5. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I'd have to say Pelicans, narrowly. They're missing the 1B to their 1A and (beyond Rondo) don't have a lot of guys with playoff experience. Neither do the Timberpups, but Butler's back now and playing well. If Butler were out, or not looking solid, I'd lean towards the Wolves.

Even without Kawhi, the Spurs are a hard out for anyone, simply because they're so well-coached. I also get PTSD flashbacks of LaMarcus Aldridge going bonkers in the Dame Dagger series, and LMA is feasting right now. I think we'd beat them handily, but it'd be more of a scrap than I want to see in Round 1.

CallMeTheDream and RyanB like this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I guess it's a good thing OKC won against us. I don't mind Wolves Peli or Spurs TBH

DonKnock and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Wolves would probably be the easiest given how our regular season matchups went, but none of those team are a threat. Simply not enough firepower.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wolves have scorers, they don't defend well, and their outside shooting is weak. They aren't Portland.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'd say I narrowly want the Pelicans, but I'll gladly take the T'Wolves. I want no part of the Spurs though.

If we do wind up with Minnesota, then it's worth noting the only two games the Rockets have lost in the past month(Spurs, Thunder) helped them avoid arguably the two worst possible first round opponents. Not saying they lost these games on purpose, but it does seem almost strategic the way this all happened.

malakas, DonKnock, slothy420 and 4 others like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was trying to say this after the OKC game. We really didn't want to win that game with OKC likely to win at least one of its last two and maybe get an eighth seed. I think we'd win a series against OKC, but it'd be a tough out, given that OKC tends to play to the level of their competition.

Best bet is obviously to start out against the TWolves or Pelicans. We can beat the Spurs but Popovich is a superior coach and I don't know if I trust Dan Tony to adjust when Popovich runs us off the three point line and uses his players' length to take away the layups; it would be up to Dan Tony's players to mix it up from mid-range.

(Running seven players out there in Game 5 last year, watching Harden's wheels spin off in the fourth quarter from exhaustion, while Montriezl Harrell and Sam Dekker and anyone with fresh legs sat on the sidelines playing checkers or looking at p*rn on their smart phones.....)

malakas, DonKnock, ramotadab and 5 others like this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not really all that great because the most likely scenario is OKC ends up 4th and we play them in the Second round.

Utah has to beat both GS and Portland b2b for OKC to stay 6th.

14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Spurs....

hakeem94 and juanm34 like this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Pelicans are clearly the weakest. Wolves just got Butler back. Spurs still have Pop, Aldridge etc.

RyanB likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Give me the Spurs. Time for Harden and MDA to get that monkey off their backs. No better way to kick off our championship run than by slaying the dragon...........

unless Kawhi is playing.

17. j@amc

j@amc Member

I'd rather have the first round behind us. Give me Minnesota because of their lack of experience.

Deuce likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wow... that Nuggets/Wolves game is going to be a fun one to watch. One game decides it all!

My take: gimme the Spursies

However, I assume if the Wolves win and OKC holds 7th position, we'll have a great bracket setup. Anyone have an if/then chart?

DonKnock, hakeem94, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Wouldn't the Pelicans actually be the least experienced? Minnesota has Butler, Gibson, and Teague as well as Thibs on the sidelines.

20. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i dont think OKC can get the 7th anymore.. The worse they can do is the 6th

don grahamleone likes this.