1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agree... Sanders.

HTM likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

Hate Thursday Night Football. Hate it. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to avoid it I have too many starters in tonight's game: Cam, CMC, DJ Moore, OJ Howard, Jameis.

I may have to call in sick tomorrow. :eek:

3. HTM

HTM Member

I love TNF. Breaks up the lack of football during the week. I'm streaming the Carolina defense tonight because Jameis' threw up a turd burger last week for me and I'm hoping he continues playing poorly.

I'm happy to let most of your boys run rampant... except Jameis and Howard.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm on the over tonight so I'm starting all my guys lol. Especially after last week's snooze fest, I think its ripe for a shootout game. Cmc. Evans. godwin. Dj moore. Should be a good one tonight fantasy wise man

5. NewRoxFan

Two start sit questions, both QBs: Drew Brees at LAR or Baker Mayfield at NYJ? And Kyler Murray at BAL or Mitch Trubisky at DEN?

Wish I could switch the QBs around...:confused:

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have all of these players on at least one team except for howard but my wife has howard so i hope they have a shoot out. 1 more dud and i am dropping jameis.

7. NewRoxFan

Funny thing, going into the season both Cam and even Winston were seen as good QBs to draft. Both have plus WRs and Winston has the added benefit of a plus TE and no RBs. But yea... if there was an alternative I will be looking for it. Are there other QBs you can add?

I have Winston in my SF league (my QB2 is Jummy Grapes, my QB3 is Daniel Jones). The QBs left are backups. So to improve at QB I'd have to trade.

My Cam team does have options (ten team, 1QB). Alen, Stafford, Dalton Trubisky are the best options. I'll probably stick with Cam longer though.

8. bcast89

bcast89 Member

It’s been reported that Darnold will miss the Monday night game and Siemian will be the starter. I have the Chargers DEF currently but would the Browns defense be a better match up?

9. NewRoxFan

Yes.

bcast89 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

:(Welp that didnt work out too well with a bunch of fg’s

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This may be knee jerk but I've offered up 3 different trade proposals to unload OJ Howard. He and Winston don't seem to have any chemistry. On a bright note I added and started Olsen on one team due to losing Hunter Henry. Olsen had 9 targets. He may have good value moving forward.

12. NewRoxFan

I've got Howard in two leagues. Spent relatively high draft value to get him (in one draft, chose him over Engram). On one team faced with cutting either him or a WR (James Washington, John Ross, or DK Metcalf) or a backup QB (Big Ben) to add Jimmy Graham, Eric Ebron or Dallas Goeddert. Suggestions?

The other team I have Howard is a bit easier fix... I can cut my 3rd QB (Daniel Jones, its a 2 QB league), TreQuan Smith, or Marquis Goodwin for Graham, Rudolph Reed or Doyle. Suggested move?

But I have an equal if bigger problem... on one team I have Cam Newton as my only QB. And on that same 2 QB team, my two QBs are Jameis Winston and Jimmy Grapes.

Options for fixing the Cam problem. I can cut Cam and add Dalton, Josh Allen, or Stafford off waivers. Or someone on my bench (ie Curtis Samuel or Devin Singletary) to add one. Or, I can try to trade with one of other nine owners for their backup QBs. I have what I think is good trade material: Ridley, Samuels, Singletary. Its a short 5 player bench, and in a ten team league trading is hard because all ten teams are pretty loaded. But hoping someone would be attracted to one of my bench players (Samuel had big game, and/or Singletary may go off as a starting RB). Trade targets include Rivers (has Mayfield as starter), Prescott (has Wilson), Goff (has Watson), or even Ryan (has Mahomes). Suggestion?

Last problem, Jameis Winston, really has no fix. Its a 14 team league and since every team has at least 2 QBs, the only options as FAs are second stringers and worse options than Daniel Jones. And doubtful any owner would trade a QB. So that problem (plus Grapes... gosh, he is just as bad). That team is likely just broken.

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

just saw i lost my match last week due to point adjustments

Ziggy likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Thinking of making a trade to improve my QB situation (team with Cam). Appreciate any advice on my approach, targets, and who I should be willing to trade for who? btw, this league hardly ever makes trades.

Most teams in my 10 team standard league have two QBs. So I went through the rosters and targeted teams with "backup" QBs I like and looked at what RBs and WRs they had on their bench. I sent messages to the owners of Dak, Brady, Ryan, and Goff (all backups on their teams) to see if they would be willing to move and to look at my bench to see if they like anyone. The Goff owner has no backup RBs and only Shepard and Anderson as backup WRs. The Ryan owner has Hunt and Lindsey, T Hill and McLaurin on his bench. And the Dak owner has Guice (IR now), James White, and Corey Davis on his bench.

My bench: Sony Michel, Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary, Calvin Ridley, and Curtis Samuel.

Hoping I can pry Ryan, then Goff, then Dak. Also messaged team with Brady and Brees. If possible I'd like to keep Sony, Sanders and Ridley. So was thinking for Dak or Goff either Singletary or Samuel and for Ryan a package of both?

16. NewRoxFan

QB start sit questions:

1. Drew Brees at LAR or Baker Mayfield at NYJ?

2. Kyler Murray at BAL or Mitch Trubisky at DEN?

Thanks!!

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Don't start Brees he gets hurt.

18. NewRoxFan

Should I draft Mahomes this year? ;)

Here's a list of my players that were injured this week: Brees, Big Ben, Conner, Singletary, David Johnson (though returned), Michael Gallup (hey, both players I just received in trade for Brandin Cooks and James White).

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Brees being out 6 weeks may be devastating for Kamara, Thomas and Cook short term. Big Ben being loss for the season kills Juju, and greatly effects Connor if he knee injury wasn’t bad enough. If Samuels is available this may be the time to make a waiver claim.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So there is a trade pending my approval in my league (I’m commish)

DK Metcalf for Dak Prescott

I normally try not to veto anything, however this trade seems pretty lopsided to me. What are everyone’s thoughts