1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say yes. Cousins can put up big points on any given week. Having Cook healthy this year gives him another weapon out of the backfield this year. I drafted Luck in a ten team league. Jackson and Cousins were available so I picked them both up.

If there is a week to start Cousins, I would think a matchup with Atlanta would be a prime candidate if Cam can't go.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be worried about dropping Jaylen Samuels. If Connor goes down you could regret it down the line.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Drop Barber instead?

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Barber doesn't have Samuels ceiling. Samuels was a beast when Connor went down last year. I don't know if Barber has that kind of upside.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes I would keep Samuels. Attempting to avoid to ever having to start Barber.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

I turned down the Ridley for my Sony trade. But wondering if I should go back with a my Philip Lindsay for his Calvin Ridley trade?

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

10 team half-ppr draft coming up. Have the 6th pick and assume suspect Zeke will be there for the taking. Him, Hopkins or Adams?

8. NewRoxFan

While I think Zeke signs and plays its still a bit of a risk. I'd go Hopkins, then Adams. Then in Round two grab your RB (unless someone like JuJu, Tyreek, Thomas slips through... then go WR WR). RB depth is pretty decent this year (guys like Fournette, Freeman, Jacobs, Jones and Carson might be there late round 2 and into round 3).

In drafts I have been in Chubb has been going pretty early in Round 1. So he's also an option at 1.06.

9. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

ESPN 12 team PPR, 6th overall pick, (Parenthesis = round player was taken)

QB: Jared Goff (10)
    RB1: Todd Gurley (1)
    RB2: Nick Chubb (2)
    WR1: Cooper Kupp (4)
    WR2: Will Fuller (7)
    Flex: Damien Williams (3)
    TE: Evan Engram (5)
    K: Harrison Butler (15)
    Def: Titans (will rotate this each week) (16)

Bench:

Duke Johnson (6)
    Larry Fitzgerald (8)
    Latavius Murray (9)
    Donte Moncrief (11)
    Golden Tate (12)
    Jaylen Samuels (13
    Chris Conley(14)

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Someone in my 10 team standard league dropped Miles Sanders to add LeSean McCoy :confused:. Even though I am OK at RB (Cook, Freeman, Fournette, Michel, Samuels, Barber) I can't resist the chance to add another RB with upside so placed a waiver claim (#2). Worst case he takes the PHI lead back position and I have a trade piece. Hoping team with #1 isn't watching closely... if so, I move up to #1 and wait for the next big FA...

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

almost a week out til the seasons starts

12. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I'm in a 10-team league, I have Carson Wentz as my only QB. My RB's are McCaffrey, Cook, Carson, Mark Ingram, Darwin Thompson, and Duke Johnson. I would like a solid QB if/when Wentz gets hurt, and I've been offered Baker Mayfield for Duke Johnson. Should I take it? I like Duke ALOT, but Mayfield is a pretty good option for me. What say you Clutchfans?

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

That would be a tough call for me. Giving up a starting RB who should get most of the reps and is a heck of a receiving option is tough.

Mayfield could end up being your QB1. You have at least 4 starting RB’s if you make the deal. Maybe you could counter with Ingram if you don’t want to part with Duke.

I personally think Mayfield is due to have a great fantasy season(top 5 for qb’s) so I would pull the trigger on Johnson or Ingram. You have great depth at the position, and Mayfield would solidify your QB spot with 2 solid starters.

primtim24 likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's a damn solid team. You have two of the three best handcuffs in the league with the saints and steelers, the chiefs being the 3rd. I suppose you could throw in the cowboys also.
    I think Jared Goff jamies Winston and Lamar Jackson will all be top 12qb's if healthy.

15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. Because I'm SUPER torn about it. Because IF Duke gets the same run (no pun intended) that Lamar got, then he's gonna have a chance to be a stud IMO. But with Carson Wentz being my only guy, I'm on the fence on if I should go after a backup now, or since it's only a 10-team league, just take my chances and hit the wire if he goes down...

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Standing pat for now isn't a bad option either. You don't have to make now. Wentz could have a great year and you may only need a one week option.

17. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

TJ Hockenson looks like a stud. If anyone is looking to pick up sleeper TE this year, he could be your guy. I think he has top 7 potential for his position.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Jerry Jones says zeke will miss games. Whew. Thankfully let whoever drafted him be their problem

#78 YOLO, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    BaselineFade likes this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I have my final draft tonight. I've avoided Zeke in 5 drafts so far. If Zeke is there at 8 or lower would you take him?

I have not had a draft position lower than 5 so far so i am due to pick late. I have seen taken as low as 9 so far. This will be my largest buy in tonight and where to potentially take Zeke is confusing to say the least.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tbh I’d rather avoid having to deal with him. If there’s a great player who’s likely to be much more reliable I’d go that route. If we’re talking later in the draft, that’s a different story. It’s really about what you’re willing to risk and the gamble of how many games. Handcuffing him with tony pollard would be ideal but now that the news has come out that zeke will be out, people will be drafting him much earlier. I missed out on tony pollard in all my drafts and he went in the last rounds in all of them :(

BaselineFade likes this.