1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Congrats. I would not change a thing. CMC is always a start, and Freeman has the best match-up amongst the other three. Golladay has the tough match up versus (DEN (Harris) but hard to sit him. If you did, maybe Shepard, but start your studs and stay with Golladay. Good luck in your finals.

ron413 likes this.
  2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Would you start Washington (OAK) / Lindsey (DEN) or Higbee (TE) at Flex? its a .5 PPR league

Here are my starters:

D. Brees (QB)
    J. Mixon (RB)
    J. White (RB)
    M. Thomas (WR1)
    B. Perriman (WR2)
    Z. Ertz (TE)
    D. Washington (Flex)
    NE D/ST
    Butker (K)

Any advice is appreciated. Washington should start this week. Lindsey sucked last week and Higbee has a tough match-up against the Niners on Saturday.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd go with lindsey as a safer pick. his workload is consistent and he's a pass catching back. Det isn't exactly a good defense. I'm not sure what washington you're going to get. so its more of a gamble. depends what you want out of your flex. if you feel like washington has more boom he's be your choice

Higbee also has a safe floor if were basing it off consistency. I'm not a fan of starting te's vs a good defense like sf though

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Everett has practiced in full and will play Saturday. While Higbee's usage increased before Everett's injury, you still now need to worry about how much Everett will cut into Higbee's usage. I was starting Higbee on both my teams, but now looking at Hollister on one, and Jared Cook on the other.

While SF is a really tough defense, they use a cover defense that the Rams TEs usually do well against, but again, Higbee's usage was the big attraction. I'd rather go with either RB since both have plus matchups and both should get plus usage.

5. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

.5 PPR championship game.

QB - Jackson @CLE
    WR - Adams @ MIN (MNF)
    WR - Perriman vs HOU (Saturday noon)
    RB - Bell vs PIT
    RB - Gordon vs Oak
    TE - Waller @ LAC
    Flex - Boyd @ MIA

Lost Godwin and got Perriman. Getting tired of Bell and Gordon under-performing. Thinking of replacing with DeAndre Washington or Mike Boone. Would you?

Bench:
    Washington @ LAC
    Boone vs GB (MNF)
    Higbee @SF
    Kerryon Johnson @ DEN

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

benched bell last week. benefited. his matchup is worse this week so I'm doing it again. he really hasn;t been any good all year. I'm not expecting that to change vs a pitts defense. If cook/mattison are both out, boone is an easy choice imo to start in fantasy. the problem is its a monday matchup and they may not be ruled out in time for you to make a decision without a true gamble

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'd start Washington over Bell -- I'm starting him this weekend, but that is more out of necessity.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ALL IN on rookie running backs this year. the only one's i didnt end up with are colts/lions/washington's

i have KC/Rams/Ravens/Bills hopefully two work out well

NewRoxFan likes this.