1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have weak running backs in my main league. But the number 1 in points per game in five different positions.
    QB Mahomes
    WR T Hill
    K Zuerlein
    Defense Chicago
    Defender LB Deion Jones

along with Kittle at TE, and Antonio Brown as my other WR.

for my running back and flex Marlon Mack, Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware, and Kerryon Johnson.

This is a 14 team 1/2 ppr league. So my team is quite stacked. And almost unbeatable if my running backs have good games. Which means I'm gonna get my ass kicked haha

2. thething

thething Contributing Member

I need to start two of Justin Jackson, Jeff Wilson, and Spencer Ware in a ppr. (Gordon and Conner are out) Leaning on benching Ware because he doesn’t catch passes and matchup is bad.

Any thoughts?

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Pick 2 PPR - Tarik Cohen, Julian Edelman, Joe Mixon, Spencer Ware, Jaylen Samuels. Leaning Edelman/Cohen

#683 oelman44, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Would go with Wilson just because he has clearest path to being bellcow, and maybe Ware. Jackson looks good but Ekeler could eat into his touches while Ware looked unspectacular but should remain lead back for now... he should at least catch a couple passes and score a touchdown or two being the lead-back on that high-powered offense. He was more of a receiving back in the past so we'll see if that still factors in

5. thething

Would do edelman/cohen. Very tempted between mixon and cohen though.

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Feels good making the playoffs!! Good luck everyone!!

HTM likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

welp amari cooper took me out in one league

8. mulletman

mulletman Member

Went 12-1 during the regular season with my only loss coming thanks to Andrew Luck because he went crazy that one week against Houston.

So what happened this week? Play the same guy who I lost to earlier this season (and the same guy who kicked me out of last years playoffs). And Luck plays Houston again and goes off again.

Right now, I’m up 20 points but he has Dalvin Cook and Seattle defense remaining. Not looking good.....

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

andrew luck had a ok game compared to what hes done in the last 2 months. consider yourself a bit lucky

#689 YOLO, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

re: my standard league team. I have Goff as my QB (used Jameis Winston last week fortunately). Goff has decent matchups (home vs PHI, on road vs ARI). But LAR may sit Goff on week 16. My RBs are Melvin Gordon (questionable), James Conner (questionable), Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, Philip Lindsey, and Sony Michel (and Jalen Samuels, but set at TE as long as Conner is out).

So here's the question... should I drop Winston for Josh Allen (just in case Goff is rested or gets hurt), or for Justin Jackson (in case Gordon sits... but less likely to actual start him over Barkley, Mixon, or Lindsey)?

11. thething

Cardinals are not a good matchup for QBs, but you can be sure Goff will not be rested for that game, especially after the loss to the bears. They're fighting with the Saints for home field advantage and the #1 seed.

Winston has two bad matchups as well with the Ravens and Cowboys coming up, so I wouldn't have an issue dropping him for Allen. Tough not picking up Jackson, who should carry the load this week, but you're stacked at RB.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Doug Martin vs Cinci or Jaylen Samuels vs NE?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Even if you don't plan on using him, I would still pick up Justin Jackson so your opponents dont have the opportunity to. gordon and ekeler won't be playing on a short week

14. HTM

HTM Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

if anyone took their chance on Jackson, it paid off. Also for the kc backs as well. Keenen Allen getting hurt probably hurt a ton of people

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

NEEDED

QB streaming advice. Passing and rushing TDs are worth 5. 20 yards per point and 4 additional pts for reaching 300 yds. Sacks and interceptions are worth -2.

Dak Prescott @ Indy
    Baker Mayfield @ Denver
    Jameis Winston @ Baltimore
    Derek Carr @ Cincy

Thanks in advance guys. This is a difficult decision for me and I appreciate any feedback

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Carr has the best matchup and by far with cincy being one of the softest defenses in the league and he has played pretty well in the past two weeks. Dak could be a safer floor play, ever since hes gotten amari as a new weapon, he has played much better. Winston/Mayfield are too volatile to trust this week with their matchups

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah, I like Dak recently but in my league the -2 for sacks is huge and hes been fumble prone.

I haven't seen or paid much attention to Carr recently but I like his matchup the best.

Thanks yolo

20. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

Stefon Diggs or Jared Cook at the flex? PPR league