1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am trying to decide on a trade. Marvin Jones (sans Tate being traded) and OJ Howard for Brandin Cooks. I would be getting Cooks.

I still have George Kittle and Jack Doyle at TE and my WR2 is Doug Baldwin (the person I'm trading with has Tyler Lockett so doesn't need Baldwin)

I usually can decide. After last week and Tate being traded I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Cooks is to Jones. I definitely do not need 3 TE's on my team though...

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Interesting developments for me on Tuesday. My team Monday AM:

QB: Cousins

RB: Gurley, Lamar Miller, Breida, Latavius Murray, Dalvin Cook

WR: AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Alshon Jeffrey, Will Fuller, Devin Funchess, Demaryius Thomas

TE: Ebron

So Fuller goes down for the season, then Ebron, AJ Green, Boyd, and Jeffrey all are on bye this week. I’ve been wanting to split up Boyd and Green before the week 10 trade deadline. So I traded Boyd and Ebron for Kittle and Jalen Richards. Dropped Fuller and won Cortland Sutton off of waivers. Then dropped Breida and picked up Russel Wilson for Cousins’ week 10 bye.

My team now:

QB: Cousins, Wilson

RB: Gurley, Miller, Richards, Murray, Cook

WR: Green, Jeffrey, Sutton, Thomas, Funchess

TE: Kittle

For this week I’m leaning Sutton for sure over Thomas at WR2. All of this could make or break my season. What have I done?! :eek:

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Oh Keke what is your value after the trade... I think if healthy you're still the #2 - the trade didn't bring any explosiveness.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Injury and bye-week hell have me deciding between Amari Cooper and Tre'Quan Smith as my flex... non-PPR. Any thoughts?

5. HTM

HTM Member

Am I crazy for wanting to start Doug Martin over Lamar Miller this week?

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yes.

7. HTM

HTM Member

Yea glad I didn’t.

Oof what a turd of a game.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You figure it out and then let me know. I have the same decision (and also DJ Moore). At this moment I am leaning DJ Moore. I really do think Cooper will do better in DAL (DAL will have to target him to justify the cost). And, when he does get targets he does put up good numbers. That said, I think I still need to see what he looks like in the DAL offense. And Moore could have another good game if Smith sits against a weak TB defense.

Even if he has a big game, I am looking at week 11 (vs ATL) week 13 (vs NO) and week 16 (hey, it could happen!) vs TB.

9. HR Dept

The offers for Gurley are starting to get outrageous. I was just offered A Brown, McCaffery, and Edelman for him. I think I might do it.

Mikeylu likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol that's crazy.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So I ended up trading marvin jones/oj howard/david johnson for antonio brown. Was this a smart or dumb trade??

I now have:
    P Mahomes
    Tyreek Hill
    Antonio Brown
    Marlon Mack
    Kerryon Johnson
    George Kittle
    Bears/Jax defense
    Greg Zuerline kicker
    bench of Lamar Miller/Doug Baldwin/Jack Doyle to choose from for a flex

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Great trade. You gave up some spare change for a dollar. You Morey'd him.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Pick 2 (PPR)

Isaiah Crowell vs BUF
    Calvin Ridley @ CLE
    Nelson Agholor vs DAL

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down. You have time. Lol

But early guess would be Ridley and Crowell. May want to see how agholar and Tate are utilized.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

UGH the AJ news is killing me big time I've had such bad luck in my work league when it came to my draft but thankfully worked the wire and all to do well. Hopefully AJ isn't out for the year like some reports have said could be a possibility. I am hoping he is out maybe 2 weeks at worst otherwise I would be screwed.

I made some bad trades in hindsight but I was happy with my team if AJ was healthy going into the playoffs. I was able to get Doyle off of waivers since the owner had to drop him on his bye to plug in someone else.

/end rant

But I wanted to know what people's thoughts were on Fournette coming back? I traded away Baldwin and Coleman for him for a fantasy playoff push 2 weeks ago. Seeing the way Cook played yesterday for the Vikings and the explosion he had gave me some hope that Fournette will be good to go when he is back but should I take a risk and start him this week? My other option would be John Brown since JuJu becomes my WR2 with AJ on the bench

16. NewRoxFan

I have Fournette and really hope he comes back and shows the same or close performance as last season. he practiced today (at least ran through individual drills). If he does come back, it will be like adding a high end RB2 to your lineup. I plan on starting him as soon as he plays.

I also have John Brown. He was a big disappointment this week (6/3/17/0). You can't start Brown week 10... he is on bye.

17. The_Yoyo

oh yeah thats right so that would leave my options to be Tre'Quan Smith or Fournette everyone else on my bench is on bye/injured or is named Le'Veon Bell.

18. NewRoxFan

Also have Tre'Quan Smith (on bench, unfortunately). He had the TD, but only a few targets. CIN should be a good matchup with lots of passing, but I still think Fournette will get you more points if he plays. At least that's how I am looking at it (since I will be having Fournette in the flex position).

19. The_Yoyo

I was offered AB for AJ and Fournette

I traded away Baldwin and Tevin Coleman for Fournette a few weeks ago. The team trading away AB is in last place and wont make the playoffs at all. It can be at least a high reward for him if Fournette and AJ come back healthy.

They would leave me really thin at RB though with Conner (and "Bell"), Marlon Mack and Lamar Miller.

Ben
    MT,AB, JuJu, John Brown, Tre'quan
    Conner, Mack, Miller, Bell
    Doyle

I should have one free bench spot open and if Bell does not play at all this year I should finally free up another bench spot to help round the bench out but its I feel its still "risky"

20. HR Dept

I actually pulled this off! I “threw” in AJ Green to sweeten the pot after the other guy started to have second thoughts. I knew about Green’s toe injury, but I guess he didn’t.