1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Nothing has changed in Detroit. Unless Riddick or Blount go down, Johnson is still just a RBBC back fighting for touches.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A couple FF tips:

If you have a flex position, then there is a strategic advantage to using it properly.

Once you have your lineup all set, move your player with the later afternoon game to the flex position. This gives you a edge by allowing for more flexibility on the fly.

Suppose late news breaks on a RB-WR that will not play, and suddenly a starting WR-RB in a great spot is just sitting on the waiver wire or better yet, your bench.

Now don't get stupid with it. If Todd Gurley is your only 4PM EST starter, it makes no sense leaving flexibility for a must-start player. But this illustrates how you can gain an edge over your opponents.

2nd - understand the differences for your scoring format. The difference between PPR and non-PPR can be VAST. Chris Thompson is barely draftable in standard. In PPR he is a must start RB2. Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, Thompson are all high volume target backs. There 2 most reliable predictors of volume (i.e. points) are Air Yards and targets. Don't pay attention to anything else but these 2 stats.

Other people in your league might not understand these basic things.

Prey on their ignorance.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

well they came in clutch

4. HTM

HTM Member

Not quite. Gave up a thrash td with 14 seconds left and only get 17... absolutely the most frustrating thing

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Good tips. I did tip #1 on Sunday since its was a game-time decision whether Fournette would play or not. Move Lewis to RB 2 (unfortunately not much production Sunday) and Fournette didn't play (I had already placed Yeldon as a starter... and again, unfortunately not much production). But if necessary I could have played one of my WRs in the fex (which in hindsight, I should have).

Adding to Moes tip #2... James White is another example. Even Theo Riddick.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You get 17 from your DST and complain? I had NO week 1 with a negative 4. Even getting a +4 would have been great. I lost by 8...

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Is it safe to say that Chris Carson is droppable at this point? My goodness, the Seahawks are running a 4 man committee without an OL.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

seattle hasn't had a reliable running game since lynch and they have one of the the worst OL's in the league. A rb from their team typically should be avoided

The Stig likes this.
  9. HTM

HTM Member

It was a great performance by the Bears defense but like I said earlier on Monday and I need 20 pts... they then got 20 pts but gave up a trash td with 14 seconds left and I lost... so yes, in that context I’m complaining.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Fair enough. Just needed that little push to finally drop Carson.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I lost $100 by not having the highest scoring team of the week by .7 points because of that TD:(

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Was offered the following two trades in a 12 team standard league but am inclined to say hell no unless I can be convinced otherwise

Send: K. Drake
    Receive: K. Benjamin and L. Fitzgerald

Send: P. Lindsay

Receive: E. Ebron

My wide receivers are B. Cooks, E. Sanders, S. Watkins, A. Jeffery, D. Parker, and R. Grant.

My tight end is D. Njoku

My running backs are J. Howard, K. Hunt, L. Miller, K. Drake, P. Lindsay

13. mulletman

mulletman Member

No and No. You’re not trading any of your starters, but what you’re getting back isn’t really improving your team - maybe Ebron is a slight upgrade, but I would rather look for another TE on waivers than trade Lindsey for him

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This guy REALLY wants Todd Gurley (obviously). Would you guys make any of these trades? IMO the last one is the most intriguing but I feel like that's just selling high on the KC offense atm:

upload_2018-9-19_8-43-5.png

Here's my current roster:

upload_2018-9-19_8-43-35.png

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

@FLASH21 I wouldn't trade Gurley for anyone unless it's a really big overpay. Enjoy the Gurley train while everyone looks at you with envy.
    ------------------------------
    So I'm rolling Fitzpatrick this week. Am actually a little nervous because I had a pretty stable floor with Goff for the last two weeks. Hope it pans out

FLASH21 likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks, just looking for the confirmation.

I think you'll be fine playing Fitzmagic this week. The Steelers D is getting shredded like swiss cheese (ironic considering their jersey color scheme) and it should pay dividends as long as their weapons keep producing.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The last one is the only one I would consider, but I don't think I would do it. Maybe if he offered Fournette and Hill - who else does he have that would help you?

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Probably just Julio and Kelce since my current TE options are Doyle and Dissly...

upload_2018-9-19_12-3-37.png

19. HTM

HTM Member

have to decide for my flex this weekend... L. Miller, C. Hyde or K. Golladay? What yall think?

20. HTM

HTM Member

Gurley is an amazing RB in and amazing offense...clearly the #1 player in fantasy this year for me... his floor every week is probably 20 points in standard... I wouldn't trade him for pretty much anything.

FLASH21 likes this.