1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah. I don't get it. I also have Corey Davis, Alshon Jeffrey, Chris Hogan as wr's.

Along with Cam Newton, Trey Burton, George Kittle, Greg Zuerlien, and Jax Defense. My team is STACKED. I wish this was my $500 league, which is much more competitive.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So I drafted Bell, got screwed on that but oh well.
    Need some advice, 1/2 point ppr league.

2 backs
    2 wr
    1 flex

Have McCaffrey, Coleman and Yeldon in flex
    Have Theilen, Cooks, Golladay and Funchess for WR
    Coleman and Yeldon are starting this weekend, beside Theilen who should I start at WR and should I switch Yeldon with one of the receivers? Any advice would be appreciated, decent money league

3. mulletman

mulletman Member

I currently have two QBs on my roster - Rivers and Wentz. Normally I would just keep one, but I’m not sure Rivers can help me win a league with 6 pts per TD pass.

I was thinking about dropping Wentz and picking up either Geronimo Allison, Golladay, or Marlon Mack. Would you rather have Wentz or one of these three?

My team

RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Royce Freeman, Jamaal Williams, Kerryon Johnson

WR: Devante Adams, Kenny Stills, Marvin Jones, Doug Baldwin

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I really like Rivers and usually don't like rostering 2 QBs, but Wentz is scheduled for contact and hate to lose him. That said, you could use help at RB now that Mixon is hurt, Freeman trending to RBBC and Kerryon stuck in DET's RBBC (and Blount is supposed to play and suspect he starts again). Do you only have one TE?

Directly answering your question... not that into Mack, if you do make a move for one on your list I'd rather have Golladay. But still not enough to drop Wentz.

mulletman likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Cooks could have a big day, but he should be covered by Peterson. Yeldon should have a good day since its almost certain he starts instead of Fournette. The only donwside is Belichek tried to take away the opponents number one option and that will be RB.

6. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

Anybody starting Derrick Henry this week? really do not know if I should keep him in or take him out.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A guy in our league anger dropped Josh Gordon... I'm #1 on the waiver list... if he goes to the Patriots I'm going to be a happy camper.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Delete

#328 fallenphoenix, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  9. NewRoxFan

DT had 11 targets, 5 catches and 18 yards. Emmanuel Sanders had only 4 targets, 4 catches, and 96 yards. What can you do?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Draft the one that doesn't suck. :)

NewRoxFan likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

In my standard league I have the #1 waver position. Its a short bench league (5 players). I have Mixon, so I was thinking of adding Gio Bernard. But then I looked at the FA list... Kenny Golladay and Philip Lindsey.

My RBs are Barkley, Gordon, Mixon, Conner, Kerryon Johnson, and Sony Michel. My WRs are JuJu, Cooks, Sanders, and Jones Jr.

Thoughts on Lindsey? Seems tiny, and Freeman was supposed to be the guy there. RBs are so valuable, and it helps create a package opportunity for a WR1.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lindsay looks like the best back there so far. Opportunity is a problem with Freeman and Booker mixed in, but he looks like he could be getting plenty of touches.

Bernard is always more of a PPR slanted must-add, but the Bengals have been playing well early. Doesn't really improve your roster much either.

I'd pick up Lindsay or Gollday because they offer more upside for the season. Bernard isn't worth much if you are going to drop in 2-3 weeks.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

My standard team has Luck at QB (and no backup... short bench). Stay with Luck (did OK last week), or consider a change (best FAs: Bortles, Taylor, Fitzcraptrick, Keenum, Dalton, Prescott, Trubisky)?

14. HTM

HTM Member

Anyone think the Bears defense will get 20 pts tonight? Asking for a friend...

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

I think you should stick to Luck even though I'm not really sure how much longer the OL can protect him. If anything, I'm considering dropping Goff for Bortles but I feel like the NE game was fluke. Their DEF is so bad but all anyone talks about is their offense and Brady. Fitzpatrick is another enticing play this coming week since games with Pittsburgh is most likely going to result in a shootout.

@HTM Probably not, it's going to require at least one pick 6, couple of TOs, and keeping the Seahawks out of the end zone to get 20 points.

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Couple of questions today. I'm in 10 team Standard league.

1. I currently have Ajayi. Is it worth burning WW #2 for Clement as an insurance policy?

2. What is Edelman's value in Standard? I have him stashed on my bench and was planning on using him for my Flex when he comes back.

3. Is it worth keeping Goff for his relatively stable floor? I see people getting 30+ points with their QBn my league and thought maybe I should drop Goff for someone like Dalton or Fitzpatrick.

4. Opinions on Marquise Goodwin? He's hurt to start off the season and there's not much I can do with how little value he brings ATM. Will he be the WR1 for Jimmy G when he comes back?

Thanks in advance.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1.) No. An insurance policy covers you 100% from the unforeseen. Clement replacing Ajayi weakens your overall roster as a whole. Handcuffing is sub-optimal in almost every instance.

2.) Edelman is high-floor WR3 in standard. Will usually get you a bankable 7-10 points. TDs not his strong suit.

3.) Goff is a borderline QB play in any 10 team league. If there is a QB on the wire with a much better matchup, pull the trigger. I'd be cautious on Dalton as anything but a streamer. Fitzpatrick looks like Jesus right now.

4.) I think the jury is still out on Goodwin's value. He was a popular mid-round target because by all accounts, he was clearly Jimmy G's #1 target throughout camp and people expected that to carry over to the season. I don't think he will be a WR1 even if he does get back on track. He was always going to be a WR2 at best. If you can afford to wait and see on him, I'd wait until you have at least a sample of what he's going to bring.

The Stig likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

!!!

~~~

peleincubus likes this.
  19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thanks so much @moestavern19! I think I got a better idea of what I want to do with my WW’s.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Kerryon Johnson is looking pretty good. He may be someone that could be started in the 2nd half of the season. I'm holding him for now.