1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Moes... interesting idea, but can you help me better understand the idea of playing the same DST as your RB, since it could come into play in my first week. I am starting Gordon who is matched up against DEN in Denver. My DST is currently the LA Rams (versus the Luck-less IND Colts). LAC is available and while they have a great cover CB and very good DE, I believe LAC will be available this week. Your analytics suggest streaming LAC... can you explain why?

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The component you are missing here is Vegas spread. If your team is favored by a TD or more, then its just game script. A team that is leading will run the ball more. The trailing team will also become more prone to turnovers and sacks as they trail. So it is a positive correlation, but you won't be able to use it every week.

3. itony

itony Member

Keenan allen vs colts
    Sammy Watkins vs broncos
    Martavis Bryant vs browns
    (also have Mike Wallace vs bengals)

Mcfadden vs nyg (assuming zeke is suspended) currently in the flex

Who are you going with week 1 for the 2 WR positions and 1 flex?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

apparently we'll know by the end of today whether zeke can play week 1 so that'll make your decision easier since hes a must start so long as hes active

5. NewRoxFan

I am a bit lost... I own Keenan Allen and in my league he is playing at Denver. hence he is sitting. Sammy Watkins is playing against IND. So he might be a good start. Martavius Bryant is playing against the Browns and that should be a stone lock. Depending on how Flacco is I'd consider Wallace but your best bets at WR are Bryant and Watkins.

NYG are a tough defense... so I'd consider Wallace or even Allen as your flex.

6. itony

itony Member

looks like zeke is out but playing week 1 lol

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wonder if the NFL influenced that in any way. Meaning they wanted Zeke for week one on national tv.

8. NewRoxFan

Shows how much luck is involved in FF. Zeke plays as RB2 in game 1 vs my boss, then a number of owners luck out during his suspension, then he plays in game 9 versus me.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ok so my margin of error decreased a bit with Ajayi not playing this week, with CJAnderson in his place.

I have to pick between Cam Newton and Kirk Cousins at QB.

And also have to pick 3 from 6 receivers.
    Corey Coleman
    Terrel Pryor
    Crabtree
    Sammy Watkins
    TY Hilton

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And also Chris Hogan (which I want put in so I have something to watch while at work Thursday night, opponent should be playing Travis Kelce)

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

@peleincubus I'd go with Cam at QB. Crabtree (solid floor), Pryor (other WRs are limited from what I've heard), and Hogan (I don't like your other options at all this week. Too much risk for my taste.)

I'm trying to figure out who start in my Flex (standard league). My options: Tyreek Hill, J. Stewart, T. Coleman

I'm tempted to start Stewart or Coleman for matchup purposes and I've already got Kelce going against NE tomorrow. Any suggestions?

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ppr league

Pick 2 RBs and 1 flex

Kareem Hunt** vs New England
    Adrian Peterson** vs Minnesota
    Tevin Coleman vs Chicago
    Paul Perkins vs Dallas
    Darren McFadden vs NYG

Keenan Allen** vs Denver
    Adam Thielen vs New Orleans

** represents current starters

I'm contemplating going with Perkins over Peterson as my Rb2. Also, it's a seemingly bad matchup for keenan should I consider putting thielen in my flex instead?

Thoughts?

14. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

10 Team PPR League

My RBs

1. David Johnson
    2. Demarco Murray
    3. Tevin Coleman
    4. Sproles

Somebody just offered me Derrick Henry for Coleman..?

Yeah or nay..?

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'd say no.

Coleman is a top PPR back. Bad value for you.

16. NewRoxFan

I am not as smart as others here, but here are my two cents... Hunt and Coleman as your RBs. NE is tough on RBs and NE should build up a lead but hoping Belicheat focuses on Ty Hill so Hunt might get some opportunities catching passes out of the backfield. Don't have any confidence in any of your other RBs but Coleman may get more opportunities if ATL builds up a lead.

Keenan is the better WR by far but DEN defense is really tough and Thielen may be part of an offensive shootout with NO's higher powered offense.

btw and fwiw: I also have Hunt, Coleman and Allen. I am starting Hunt, sitting Coleman (my RB1 is Gordon) and sitting Allen (I am starting OBJ but his game is Sunday night so if he is a game time scratch I am holding Allen's MNF game as an emergency replacement; starting Kevin Benjamin and Alshon Jeffery at WR and Flex instead).

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

I am guessing Henry may have a bit more value for you as Murray's handcuff?

18. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Would you guys ever start both Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman? I drafted both, mostly to handcuff Freeman should he get hurt (or the concussion issue linger). But since I had the last pick in a 12-team league, my RB group is a little thin.

Would any of you consider Tevin Coleman an RB2 - RB4 independent of Devonta?

EDIT: It's a standard scoring league.

19. NewRoxFan

I guess if there is a week to start both, this might be it. ATL might get out ahead big early enough to bring Coleman in earlier/more. And maybe ATL will be a bit more cautious with Freeman (and huge dollar investment) coming off concussion. So seems reasonable to start both.

eric.81 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan